Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACE JOB POSTING IN EAST TEXAS SENT DOWN MEMORY LANE
Smile THE ARMY CORP OF ENGINEERS HAS 2 POSTINGS IN EAST TEXAS AROUND JEFFERSON TX.

THEY DON'T SPECIFY COUPLES ONLY.    ITS ONLY 2 8hr DAYS PER WEEK AS A GATEKEEPER.  THEY PROVIDE A GOLF CART...50AMP ELEC...WATER AND SEWER + MAYBE OTHER STUFF THAT I CAN'T
Idea REMEMBER

WHAT CAUGHT MY EYE WAS THE LOCATION...IT'S AT LAKE O' THE PINES

I CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER THE FIRST TIME I FISHED AT THAT LAKE WITH MY GRANDPARENTS AKA MAMA AND PAPA.
IT WAS SOMETIME IN THE MID 1950s. AFTER THEY BOUGHT "THE TANK" A 1955 4 DOOR BUICK SPECIAL, IT HAD NO QUIT IN IT. MAMA WAS DRIVING IT WHEN SHE WALKED AWAY FROM A 7 CAR PILE UP ON NW HIGHWAY IN DALLAS AND ALSO 2 YEARS LATER WHEN A DRUNK DRIVER HIT HER HEAD ON IN VICKERY PARK ON GREENVILLE AVENUE. I SOLD IT IN THE EARLY 1970s AFTER HER DEATH. NOW THERE WAS A VEHICLE SOMEONE COULD LIVE OUT OF. NOT VERY STEALTHLY THOUGH.

ALTHOUGH  I DO REMEMBER THE LAST TIME, JUST NOT THE DATE. IT WAS THE LAST FISHING TOURNAMENT I FISHED IN WITH MY FORMER SPOUSE PRIOR TO OUR DIVORCE. 
LAKE OF THE PINES AS LONG AS I HAVE KNOWN IT HAS BEEN FULL OF PINE TREES/STUMPS..  GARY REALLY LIKED TO RACE ACROSS THE LAKE AND LISTEN TO ME SCREAM THINGS LIKE "SLOW DOWN OR YOU'LL SINK US"'  HE WAS CERTAINLY YARC MATERIAL.  A GROWN MAN WHO LAUGHS AT SCARING THE CRAP OUT OF HIS YOUNGER WIFE & MOTHER OF HIS ONLY CHILD CERTAINLY "A'INT RIGHT" AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED.

MAYBE HECAN BE A MEMBER OF YARC POSTHUMOSLY?

TJB + Q + RD.......HE SEEMS TO OF JOINED OUR PACK.  HE'S A LITTLE BITTY THING AND RARELY GETS A KIND WORD OR A GENTLE PET FROM HIS OWNER.  RD STILL SEEMS TO LOVE HIM THOUGH.
  I DON'T GO CRAZY
       Rolleyes   I AM CRAZY          
   I JUST GO NORMAL FROM TIME TO TIME
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Texjbird for this post:
  • heron (02-25-2021)
GARY REALLY LIKED TO RACE ACROSS THE LAKE AND LISTEN TO ME SCREAM THINGS LIKE "SLOW DOWN OR YOU'LL SINK US"' HE WAS CERTAINLY YARC MATERIAL. A GROWN MAN WHO LAUGHS AT SCARING THE CRAP OUT OF HIS YOUNGER WIFE & MOTHER OF HIS ONLY CHILD CERTAINLY "A'INT RIGHT" AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED.

MAYBE HECAN BE A MEMBER OF YARC POSTHUMOSLY?

Granted.
Where do we send the "Stinkin' Badge" ?

Are you searching for workamping ?
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 8 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • heron (02-25-2021)
(02-24-2021, 03:13 AM)rvpopeye Wrote: MAYBE HE CAN BE A MEMBER OF YARC POSTHUMOSLY?

Granted.
Where do we send the "Stinkin' Badge" ?

SEND IT TO ME I RECKON.  OUR SON HAS NO SENSE OF HUMOR AS FAR AS I CAN TELL.  IF MY OPINION ABOUT SOMETHING IS DIFFERENT THAN HIS HE TELLS ME HE'S NOT GOING TO ARGUE WITH ME ABOUT IT.  I'VE GIVEN UP ON TRYING TO EXPLAIN TO HIM THAT IF ONE PERSON THINKS A DIFFERENT WAY THAN HE DOES IT DOESN'T MEAN THAT THEY'RE TRYING TO ARGUE.   IT SIMPLY MEANS THEY HAVE THEIR OWN OPINION.

THE BOAT DEAL WAS BAD ENOUGH.  PRIOR TO THAT BEFORE ROBERT WAS BORN ONE OF GARY'S FAVORITE MEANS OF ENTERTAINMENT WAS APPARENTLY TRYING TO SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF ME BY DRIVING LIKE A NUTCASE. 

WE BOTH HAVE DONE SOME STREET RACING IN DALLAS TEXAS.  ALSO QUARTER MILE RACING AT YELLOW BELLY DRAGWAY IN GRAND PRAIRIE TEXAS.  I STARTED OUT IN A 1957 FORD FAIRLANE WHEN I WAS 16 YEARS OLD.  THEN I HAD A 67 TWO-DOOR CHEVELLE WITH A 283 TWEEKED, OPEN HEADERS AND OF COURSE CHROME CRAGAR MAGS.  WHEN I WAS PREGNANT THE APARTMENT MANAGER SAID SHE HAD SOME COMPLAINTS ABOUT MY CAR. 

SEEMS IT SHOOK THE WINDOWS WHEN I CRANKED IT  Big Grin  Big Grin Angel
[quote pid="71030" dateline="1614161580"]

BOTH OF THOSE WERE WAY SAFER THAN RIDING WITH HIM AT TIMES.

HE REALLY LIKED TO GO AS FAST AS HE COULD THROUGH CONSTRUCTION SITES IN AND OUT OF BARRELS AND RUNNING STRAIGHT AT SAWHORSES SCREECHING HIS BRAKES BEFORE HE TURNED.  HE LAUGHED AT ME BECAUSE I WOULD RIDE SCOOTED SO FAR DOWN IN THE SEAT OF HIS 58 FAIRLANE I COULDN'T SEE OVER THE DASH.

WHEN HE ASKED ME WHY I RODE LIKE THAT I TOLD HIM IF I WAS GOING TO DIE IN A CAR WRECK I DIDN'T WANT TO SEE IT COMING.  THE FIRST TIME HE STOPPED I'D ALREADY HAVE MY PURSE OVER MY ARM AND I WOULD GET OUT AND START WALKING.   I DON'T KNOW IF DRIVING SLOW ALONG BESIDE ME AND BEGGING ME TO GET BACK INTO THE CAR WAS AS AMUSING TO HIM AS HIS ACTION BEFORE THAT POINT.

THE LAST TIME THAT HAPPENED OUR SON WAS ABOUT 3 MONTHS OLD AND BY THE TIME HE STOPPED OUR 1969 FAIRLANE AT A RED LIGHT I HAD BABY IN MY ARMS, DIAPER BAG AND PURSE OVER MY SHOULDER AND I HOPPED OUT AND STARTED CUTTING THROUGH PEOPLE'S YARDS . HE DIDN'T KNOW WHERE WE WERE FOR THREE DAYS.  I WENT TO OUR MUTUAL FRIENDS AND AS THEY WEREN'T HOME I CLIMBED IN THROUGH A WINDOW AND THEY FOUND THE BABY AND I ASLEEP IN THE MASTER BEDROOM.

I GUESS NOW I'M JUST MISSING OUT ON THE AMERICAN DREAM.  YOU KNOW THE ONE WITH THERE HUSBAND WITH THE GOOD JOB, THE THREE BEDROOM TWO BATH RANCH STYLE BRICK HOME ETC.......... NOT Huh

WELL PART OF IT SOUNDS OKAY BUT I'M NOT NARKING OUT ON MYSELF

YES I WANT TO WORK CAMP HOWEVER PROBABLY IN THE FALL BECAUSE THIS SPRING AND SUMMER I'M GOING TO BE BUSY TRYING TO MAKE SURE THAT THE EYELINER IS IN THE BEST SHAPE I CAN GET IT INTO AND ALSO THE SAFARI.

JVVF + Q + RD
[/quote]
I HAVE NEW PICS OF THE FOUR-LEGGED CRITTERS.  I JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO POST THEM.  I THINK THE LAST TIME I EMAILED THEM TO SOMEONE AND THEY POSTED THEM FOR ME.  HINT HINT ?  Rolleyes

[/quote]
  I DON'T GO CRAZY
       Rolleyes   I AM CRAZY          
   I JUST GO NORMAL FROM TIME TO TIME
(02-24-2021, 04:23 AM)Texjbird Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 03:13 AM)rvpopeye Wrote: JVVF + Q + RD
I HAVE NEW PICS OF THE FOUR-LEGGED CRITTERS.  I JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO POST THEM.  I THINK THE LAST TIME I EMAILED THEM TO SOMEONE AND THEY POSTED THEM FOR ME.  HINT HINT ?  Rolleyes
[/quote]

Of course!
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • Texjbird (02-25-2021)
I’m planning on working this summer. California or Colorado, I think.
Two gloriously stinkin' badges.
Official YARC ship’s navigator.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to heron for this post:
  • rvpopeye (02-25-2021), Texjbird (02-25-2021)