Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ENKEEO Power Station Save $50.60 at AMAZON
[Image: 41dzbDIA5WL._SL500_SS100_.jpg]

ENKEEO Power Station 155 Wh Portable Charger Lithium Backup Battery Pack 110V 100W Solar Generator (Solar Panel Optional) AC Outlet USB DC Supply for Outdoors Camping, Travel, Fishing, Hunting, Emergency $119.99 Use code RJXQTBMM to save $50.60 off the $119.99 price. [b][b]Power station Specifications[/b]
Battery: Lithium ion batteries
Capacity: 155Wh (14Ah/11.1V); or 42000mAh (3.7V)
DC Input: 15V/2A
Solar Panel Input: 13V~25V/2A Max
Recharging Time:10-11h (DC 15V/2A)
DC Output: 9-12.6V/10A (15A max total)
QC3.0 Output: 5-9V/2A
USB Output: 5V/2.1A (3.1A max)
Dimention: 212 x 92 x 118 mm (L X W X H)
Weight: 1.68kg
[b]Package Includes[/b]
1 x S155 ENKEEO power station
1 x 15V/2A power adapter
1 x Car charger
1 x Cigarette lighter adapter
1 x Cable to transfer MC4 to DC35135
1 x User manual
ASIN#: B07GJR5M6L
Model number#: S155
[/b]
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gr8ful for this post:
  • Tom_M (01-16-2020)
$109.99 at Amazon:
ENKEEO Power Station 155 Wh
Use code RJXQTBMM at checkout.
Final cost: $59.39 plus tax.

Thanks Gr8ful.
Tom
2005 Born Free 24' RB
Towing 1978 VW Bug Convertible
My laptop battery has same voltage and similar capacity rating.

I think these would be good for a tent camper who hiked into their spot, but a car camper, not so much.

Not a bad price for all the components though.

My experiences from my laptop batteries, and opening them up for their individual 18650 lithium cells after they become worthless for powering the laptop, is that they lose capacity very quickly, and the individual cells inside are nowhere near the maximum 3600mah capacity of the best 18650 cells currently available.

I was getting less than 1/4 the runtime of a panasonic ncr18650 in my headlamp from the laptop battery salvaged cells and the laptop cells that had identifying marks were capacity rated at just over 1/3 of the panny ncr18650b, when new.

Lots of 18650 cells sold online have ridiculous claims as to their capacity and many are rewrapped used laptop cells, as often one bad cell can take out the whole pack, so they disassemble the packs, use some new heatshrink on the cell, and dazzle the uninformed consumer with marketing and a low price.

I'm not saying the pack inside of this product are using junk cells, or previously used cells, but it is likely they are using 18650 cells, either 6 or 9 or 12 of them.

https://www.ebay.com/b/Panasonic-Size-18...n_73546289
STENRWAKE, Your the expert on everything, no offense intended as I'm serious. This is $155 on Ebay, has great reviews so I can't believe it with a small solar panel can be very useful for a small inexpensive power system that you couldn't build for $60. Here's a couple RV you tube reviews https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaV24hKmUp0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhqKauJpmDg They seem to like it very well. Here's how it's made https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQFLfSs798Q You can buy bigger, heavier, more powerful ones but for $60 & it's amazon so you can return it. Show me one that beats it for the price please.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson
I am Not debating the good price, and I am hardly expert on everything. Wish that were true .

I have less and less faith in product reviews, and product reviewers, as time goes on.

Many online reviewers are rewarded with free, or heavily discounted products, many are halfwits and/or are experience free. Most have not been using the product long enough to give an actual longevity report, and those that suffer failures rarely edit their reviews to say when and how it failed.

I will not spend any time researching a product I have no interest in. I once built a 'powerstation' with a 400 watt PSW inverter, 125Ah/1500 watt hour AGm Lifeline gpl-31xt battery and 45 amp charger converter/ 400 watt inverter and all other sorts of bells and whistles and protections,, but it was close to 100lbs and over 1200$ in parts not including labor and would outperform many dwellers systems, and is still working well for my friend whom I built it for, 4.5 years later.

Heavily discounted prices ring alarm bells for me. The maximum profit motive never goes away it is paramount in this greedy day and age. When prices are discounted to the point it seems they can't be making much , if any , profit, I often think they are aware that a certain batch of products, could have a high failure rate, perhaps due to a bad batch of cells, and instead of maximizing profit, are trying now to minimize losses.

Beware of marketing, and reviews, as both can be filled with deliberate lies and 'too good to be true' is not without merit, 99.9% of the time.

While I hate pushing personal philosophy, especially without experience with a specific method/product, and this phrase of ' I don't see why.....' but I DNSW an rv'er or van dweller or even minimalist car camper would need one of these 'power stations' with tiny capacity laptop batteries. Their vehicle likely already has all the USB charging outputs, and even if they had only a starting battery, it has many many times the battery capacity of that power station available, before it would be in danger of not being able to start the engine.

This 63$ agm has 420 watt hours of capacity, vs the 155w/h of the 'powerstation.' and could likely jumpstart a Diesel.

https://www.amazon.com/ML35-12-Battery-M...GXNS8QHA9M

I think any vehicle dweller would be better off spending 63$ on that battery^, than on the power station.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to sternwake for this post:
  • Wayne49 (01-16-2020)
The $63 agm won't start any real size diesel, maybe my 6500 wass diesel Onan genset. Capaciters are the way to start vehicles now, lightweight, no need to keep charged, etc. I'm not selling anything, just passing on a deal to anyone wanting it.
(01-16-2020, 12:52 PM)Gr8ful Wrote: The $63 agm won't start any real size diesel, ........................

Note, I 'wrote' jumpstart a diesel, I was not implying such a battery, by itself, could start a diesel, and certainly not a huge diesel.

Whether it could help jumpstart a diesel depends on the actual state of charge/healthy  of the batteries this AGM would be assisting.
And other factors of course.

My 18Ah AGM would not jumpstart my friends sprinter, whose group 49AGm  delco was down in the 7 volt range, way beyond dead. but if it were in the 10.8v+ range, it would have, I bet.

My 18Ah AGM has, by itself, started my 2 week cold gas 318, when new and in warm ambient temps, but it was close. 

It is a good deal, for what it is. NO argument.
I guess I don't like what it is though.  Opinion.
Depends on the end users end requirement, and expectations.