Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SNOW
Weather channel is predicting snow in the high country of the Rockies.   All the way down into central Utah.      This weekend!    Oh geez

Waiting for the last of Rosa to go by, then snow.
1989 Honeywell motorhome
Ford E350 chassis.  460 engine
Someone said there were flurries in northern Minnesota already.
Sometimes dweller in 237k miles '07 Grand C-van w/ a solar powered fridge and not much else
Roam SOUTH Kat ! Cool
stay tuned 
popeye

Weirdo Overlord : FMS Fleet Ops , Awards , Badges ,  aka Tamerlane the Impaler Mod.
Saw western Nebraska had snow a few weeks ago.
Ndjjsbskksnsbdhhdbfbfbfbfhdjsj
IMO, it only "counts" if it stays on the ground more than a few hours. Smile

It snowed last night here (NE Wisconsin), and it's still here, a thin but complete layer, shining quite prettily!
It'll probably be gone by the end of the day.
"Cause how you get there is the worthier part." Shephard Book to Kaylee, Firefly
[Image: dobby.png]

2019-Dec update:
I've escaped Winter!
It snowed here in Greeley, Co plus brought temps down to 10 degrees last night. Even in a park with hook ups and everything I do to protect the trailer I had a section of the water system freeze. Next time I will drain and blow the lines and not worry about it.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to justjim for this post:
  • Kaylee (10-24-2018)
(10-15-2018, 03:17 PM)justjim Wrote: It snowed here in Greeley, Co plus brought temps down to 10 degrees last night.
Jim, dang, that's real winter!

Here, most of the snow is gone, though there's an esthetically pleasing sprinkling visible from my motel window.
It has yet to get below 20F, and I'm in a motel 4-5 days per week, my car the rest of the time, so it has not yet been bad (my body heat typically raises the car's inside temp 10 to 20 degrees). I'm looking forward to moving into the van, once all the logistics have been sorted out. Smile

Figured some (Cammalu) of you would get a kick out of these "wristlets" I bought a few years ago, for typing in a very poorly heated rental house:
[Image: vd_clothing_wristlet_1.jpg]
Bought at Walmart, several varieties, including some plain ones, but they all cost the same, so went with the critter themed style. Smile
I figure these will be very useful once I'm a fulltime van dweller.
"Cause how you get there is the worthier part." Shephard Book to Kaylee, Firefly

2019-Dec update:
I've escaped Winter!
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Kaylee for this post:
  • Cammalu (10-15-2018), GypsyDogs (10-24-2018)
A pupper with five tongues? Cute.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to TrainChaser for this post:
  • Kaylee (10-24-2018)
Cute gloves!
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • Kaylee (10-24-2018)
Spent last Friday & Saturday night at "my" wayside park in northern MI (near the WI border). Forecast lows were 26 & 24 F.

Was woken up Saturday morning by a chatter of particularly "thick" NTs who chose to park immediately beside me (I was at the farthest parking spot from the "facilities"). After they left, I peaked out of my cocoon, and for several nervous seconds thought there was a layer of frozen condensation on the inside of my car, and was cringing at the thought of removing it.
It finally dawned on me that it was snow on the outside. :phew:

That was a first for me.
Ended up just driving to the Library (~1 mile away, with outside heated toilets, plus 24-hour wifi), and literally "chilling" with my Chromebook for a few hours, until the roads were cleared.

I'm looking forward to avoiding much of the rest of Winter. Smile

P.S. Cammalu: I knew you'd like those! Smile TrainChaser, I'm glad you also got a kick out of them. Smile

2019-Dec update:
I've escaped Winter!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Kaylee for this post:
  • Cammalu (10-24-2018)