Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vented Propane Heater
I got the Suburban 16,000 installed in my van. I am putting the thermostat in reach of the bed. I didn't pay near those prices, though. I bought on Amazon in October for under $400.
I haven't tried it yet, so no report on overheating until I try it.
I spent hours looking one day and the smallest rv heater I found was 15,000 but. I only need 10% of that with this polyiso insulation.
what i want and just use basic coal or whatever is laying around http://www.fatscostoves.com/
(04-22-2018, 11:47 AM)Riverman Wrote: I spent hours looking one day and the smallest rv heater I found was 15,000 but. I only need 10% of that with this polyiso insulation.

So it will only run 10% of the time!

Big Grin
Nice stove. I like those tiny cast iron ones. Great if you have the floor space.
  [Image: 414097000.jpg]
I grew up with an old cast iron pot-belly stove back in the 50's. I hated that thing back then... we had no coal so I had to chop lots of wood to burn in it. Now, I wish I had it, for old-times sake.
(04-22-2018, 12:29 PM)Motrukdriver Wrote: Nice stove.  I like those tiny cast iron ones.  Great if you have the floor space.

it's only 15 inches tall 
I just want to mention that those "traditional" rv furnaces from Suburban etc. REQUIRE a good house battery to run.  Lots of stories over in the mainstream rv forums about furnaces that quit working in the middle of a very cold night because they ran the house battery down.  If you DO go this route, make sure you've got a big enough battery bank to handle it.
Regards

John

I don't like to make advance plans.  It causes the word PREMEDITATED get thrown around in the courtroom!
I'm NOT crazy!  My mother had me tested! Cool
I'm not using an rv furnace.