Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I actually learned something
One basic rule for solar. Everything must communicate. 

Panels

Controller 

Inverter/charger

Batteries. 

Apparently my batteries have not been hearing what my controller was saying because of a shut off in line. It seems like this is happening a lot. 

Details.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated
Something in the controller or its settings?
IBK Solar Guru ?
stay tuned 
popeye

Weirdo Overlord : FMS Fleet Ops , Awards , Badges ,  aka Tamerlane the Impaler Mod.
If the controller doesn’t have an unbroken line to the battery, (no fuse or breaker!) it can’t read what actual voltage is and charge it correctly.
Really ? Isn't there supposed to be a fuse there ?
I've never had a fuse in that part of the system only on the solar panel to controller side and the battery to distribution panel side. Hopefully it hasn't caused damage to the controller. Apparently no magic smoke.
The unbroken wire can be extremely small.  Just something from a battery to the controller letting a honest assessment of the actual voltage. This is not a load /current bearing line. Just a trace.
With all the wacky in my factory system and then adding what I did… I went with a sensor that communicates bat volt (and temp) to the cc via bluetooth.. made for each other- works fabulously (and I can see it on my phone as well)
My body is a temple- Ancient and crumbling,  
probably cursed 

Dog Bender with 4.2 Stinkin' Badges 
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to GypsyDogs for this post:
  • Popeye (03-13-2022), GotSmart (03-13-2022)
That is what I ended up with.  A $30 thingy that connected to a battery. 

I made no secret about having a couple strokes. There are pathways in my brain that are now closed. What was once simple now becomes a struggle to come up with the word that will open up the memories on the process. Thus we contacted Jimindenver. 
So far a new Victron MPPT 150/85 charge controller. A new 3,000 PSW Inverter/Charger (Signeer Power) and next is two new lithium batteries. I will post the spec’s when we get them. 

Why so big?  Full size class A for crippled people. We found a used RV before the pandemic with built in solar. Now we have to upgrade things to get them right. 

It will be nice running the coffee pot first thing in the morning without running the generator.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • Popeye (03-13-2022)
Know your limitations, something most of us are getting a grasp of.

Sent from my SM-T220 using Tapatalk
Just my $.02 or $.0156 Canadian