Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Generator inverter Rural King
https://www.ruralking.com/paladin-invert...rator.html
I got an ad for a generator inverter for $339. It has to be ordered on line. Free pick up at Rural King. Seems a lot cheaper for the same kind of thing elsewhere.
I'm not lost. I'm exploring.
Great dbm ratings.
What is dbm? It only has a 30 day warranty.
I should have said db or decibels. They list it as dbA Long story short it is the measurement of how loud the generator is and they claim this compares with some of the quietest out there.

30 days is a pretty limited warranty. I think it is only a return for damage or defect thing. Govx shows it to have 2 year limited warranty.
I found yahama at Costco. More money but better warranty.
Yamaha and Honda are always going to be a superior product over lower tier generators. Even Champion I would consider to be for a few reasons, mainly because they have been around long enough to gain a good reputation for their products and customer service. Even then Honda/Yamaha would be a better choice if you were going to run it for hours day after day for years because they have a better piston sleeve and will take longer to wear out in that type of situation.

On the other hand my unproven Sportsman 800 watt inverter generator at a fraction of the cost of the same sized Honda was a great choice because it starts and runs well but with a solar system that puts out more power than a 1000w generator, it is relegated to the OMG, SHTF type situations. That has happened once in over a year when I was under tree canopy, injured and could not drive for three days. At that rate it will last longer than I will and spending three or four times as much on a Honda or Yamaha would get me nothing more except the ability to hold my head high because I own the very best. Both generators fill my needs and will last longer than I will but in this case the less expensive one was the better choice.

The Paladin generator may be just as good in my situation. It will take people buying it and giving good reviews to make it a comfortable buy. 30 days to make sure it starts and runs as it should is enough time and what looks like a 2 year manufactures warranty is nothing to sneeze at for the savings. A Yamaha will still be a better choice if you know you will run it hot and heavy day after day. Then you are paying for the extra build quality and comfort level.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to justjim for this post:
  • BCGuy (03-30-2018), TWIH (05-30-2018)
just did my first split thread,thank you,thank you,there is a predator thread in the generator section
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Blacktank for this post:
  • rvpopeye (03-30-2018)
well,actually there was already a predator thread so now there two
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Blacktank for this post:
  • rvpopeye (03-30-2018)
Just too efficient I guess GARY. Cool
stay tuned 
popeye

Weirdo Overlord : FMS Fleet Ops , Awards , Badges ,  aka Tamerlane the Impaler Mod.