……sigh
My body is a temple- Ancient and crumbling,  
probably cursed 

Dog Bender with 4.2 Stinkin' Badges 
……. story to follow
probably cursed 

(05-14-2021, 03:48 AM)GypsyDogs Wrote: Had an intermittent issue with the power sensor on my Iceco chest fridge. It thought my battery was too low to run.. compressor would just say “brrdd” and not kick on. Then the error light would blink. Trying to tell me that my battery was dangerously low (was actually around 13.3v- so…) 
Ran through the troubleshooting diagnostics in the manual and called the company. Told them the skinny. They referred me to a tech (who called me back within 2 hours) and we chatted for a few minutes. They are shipping me a new controller-board. And if that doesn’t solve the problem- they will replace the fridge. 
They stand behind their products Smile

(try that with ‘cheepchineeese’ fridge..  lol)
Thats good to hear. I just bought a ICECO 60 qrt dual zone brand new in the box for $500. Retails for 800.  Someone got it as a promotional itme to feture on their YT channel. Except they quit doing YT. So they sold it to me.
#NomadLivesMatter  
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to American Nomad Patriot for this post:
  • Texjbird (05-26-2021)
^^Clickbait ?
PAULETTE and "Two Cats and THE DOUG"

Whereabouts unknown...……...
Ok- the "sigh" story

Rear turn signal was intermittent, then went out completely..
Grabbed a bulb and changed it..
...nope....  sigh

further investigation shows melty-badness on bulb at one of the wires.. and likewise in the socket..
ok.. 
Bought a replacement socket..  ($15) I know how to splice wiring.. no biggie
...nope... doesn't fit the housing..  Sigh

Fine- ordered an Entire Tail Light A$$embly.. ($150)
waited a few days, carrying around receipt- 'no, really officer, it is on order.. see?'
Lovely new light shows up.
I pull old one, pull rubber grommet and the rest of the wiring inside the frame..
um..
hmm..  the part of the harness that the new part actually Plugs into, will not come out through the hole in the frame..
Sigh

*google*
Oh, this vintage of express van.. you simply take off the interior body moulding to get the plug unplugged.. 

wellcrap....
Roadtrek put in its own special interior panels and insulation and such..

ok.. fine.. *grabs spiffy multi-driver-kit-tool* (includes Both sizes of RV-type square bits Smile )
I pop the covers off the interior panel screws, and unscrew them.. give it a light tug..
REALLY???!!!??
I find the curtain track Also has to be pulled.. which requires a super tiny square head driver that I don't have Sad
SIGH

Goes to (dog friendly) hardware store nearby.. finally find the right bit...

Get home Just in time for the Rain-storm.....
....sigh

story to continue after deluge..
probably cursed 

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GypsyDogs for this post:
  • Texjbird (05-26-2021)
Got them old truck maintenance blues.......
Keep fighting , I think you're winning !
stay tuned 
popeye

Weirdo Overlord : FMS Fleet Ops , Awards , Badges ,  aka Tamerlane the Impaler Mod.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • GypsyDogs (05-24-2021)
After some stern glares, a few cuss words, and a bunch of ‘screwing around’ … I did win!

Thankfully have small hands and can defy physics... :/

Faith tried to do the Chinese-ThumbCuff-Maneuver— with both of my hands.. lol

Sorry- did not get video…
probably cursed 

no vid??? i'm going through physical therapy because i weaseled my arm to far in my nephews honda engine compartment, got all the ligament and stuff in the wrong place and my left shoulder stopped working,getting better

the rain stopped me today too

the ground wire is the usual cause of issued in tail lights,could be a wire going to the frame/body,could be a wire going to the taillight mounting screw,clean them and the area shinny
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Blacktank for this post:
  • Texjbird (05-26-2021)
Would involve disassembling the Entire Interior…to find the ground point/s

S I G H
probably cursed 

Make new ground points and use your splicing skills if necessary........
stay tuned 
popeye

Weirdo Overlord : FMS Fleet Ops , Awards , Badges ,  aka Tamerlane the Impaler Mod.