Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Allo 'Allo
Last year's van dying/tent dwelling/new (to me, the van is actually pretty old) minivan dwelling nomad here.

Not exactly sure what to say here as I generally try to keep to myself for the most part (Pirate Camp attendees can attest to this).  Still feel a bit like a greenhorn in the van dwelling community having only been out just over a year, but making the most of it as I can.  Though I do tend to procrastinate a lot (which I'm sure frustrates ABNorm to no end) I do eventually get things accomplished (just don't ask about my van build because even after a year I've barely started...).  I believe it might be what some call 'planning paralyzation'. 

Anyway, hoping to at the very least not be a negative influence on the forum and will help whenever I am able.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cavinaar for this post:
  • rvpopeye (01-04-2024)
Welcome aboard and to the posting side Cavinaar , good to see your posted .
We do delete members that don't post after a couple of weeks or so . A typical SOP of spammers that are constantly testing our walls . (As you may have noticed , spammers walk the plank sooner or later on this ship ! ) Lets just say I keep the sharks well fed... they arrrrr cute once you get to know 'em ! LOL

Pirate Yarcamp is a great place to get started !
Lots of free clues of experience and build ideas from the crew gathered there.

"Analysis Paralysis" is the commonly used term in RV land ....I often just sit here imagining how I want to do something , and then change my mind. (Funding can and will slow you down too...) But it does get done , eventually . And closer to what I would consider "perfect" . Some rigs are never done ,,,,but the next rig (or build re-do ) will be closer to your idea of perfect. EVEN "perfect" will change as you go .
Just pick one thing at a time and it will be easier to get there....eating elephants....eating elephants ,,,, way easier one bite at a time. .
No worries from Doug .But he does move around so if you hope for his help you should take advantage of his current location .
It's not an easy task doing a build while you live in a rig. It's taken me years . ( I was gonna say on this rig but IIRC it applies to one or two others I've had...) Look at it as a work in progress.
stay tuned 
popeye

Weirdo Overlord : FMS Fleet Ops , Awards , Badges ,  aka Tamerlane the Impaler Mod.
Yes- welcome!

We met last year.. in similar circumstances..
but I have gotten a better chance to know you this season.
My body is a temple- Ancient and crumbling,  
probably cursed 

Dog Bender with 4.2 Stinkin' Badges 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GypsyDogs for this post:
  • rvpopeye (01-04-2024)
(01-04-2024, 07:57 AM)rvpopeye Wrote: Pirate Yarcamp is a great place to get started  !
Lots of free clues of experience and build ideas from the crew gathered there.

Yep, tons of experience here at camp. In fact Vandetta has agreed to install a DC to DC charger for me and Gypsy is going to sew a new zipper in my hoodie.

Quote:"Analysis Paralysis" is the commonly used term in RV land ....I often just sit here imagining how I want to do something , and then change my mind. (Funding can and will slow you down too...) But it does get done , eventually .  And closer to what I would consider "perfect" .  Some rigs are never done ,,,,but the next rig (or build re-do ) will be closer to your idea of perfect.  EVEN "perfect" will change as you go .
Just pick one thing at a time and it will be easier to get there....eating elephants....eating elephants ,,,, way easier one bite at a time. . 

That's the term I was looking for, but couldn't remember. lol

I don't expect perfect, though it would be nice, but sometimes my procrastination kind of gets annoying lol

Quote:No worries from Doug .But he does move around so if you hope for his help you should take advantage of his current location .
It's not an easy task doing a build while you live in a rig. It's taken me years . ( I was gonna say on this rig but IIRC it applies to one or two others I've had...) Look at it as a work in progress.

Well, Doug did LOTS for me last season (worked on my generator (which died later but not his falt...it was a crappy brand), built the Yakery, the bed,  helped me a LOT with propane and such and installed the tilting solar panels on my roof).  I kind of feel bad asking someone to do even more for me when they have already done so much.  As for him moving around, I know he does that a lot. lol
(01-04-2024, 09:26 AM)GypsyDogs Wrote: Yes- welcome!

We met last year.. in similar circumstances..
but I have gotten a better chance to know you this season.

Yeah, sorry about how I was last season, but much of the time I would not have been what people of the south would call 'good company'.
  • GypsyDogs (01-04-2024)
Welcome Cavinaar! I'm just starting a build so I'm sure you're WAAAY ahead of me!
YARC ~ 2 Stinkin' Badges
ROOIRIA
YARC Name: Tripping Over Shadow 
Official YARC Title: The Wizard of Y.A.R.C. (Popeye says so!)

Future home/rig: 2009 Ford E350 Shuttle Bus
(01-04-2024, 12:42 PM)Kyz Wrote: Welcome Cavinaar! I'm just starting a build so I'm sure you're WAAAY ahead of me!

Heh...I wouldn't bet on that. LOL

SO much to do, SO much time, SO much procrastination!
  • Abnorm (01-05-2024)
Hey, I've even forgiven you for laughing that you have more solar on your minivan than I have on my Class A. Smile

I haven't been out there for awhile, been a hermit myself so I understand. I am cheating by living in town in a park, but at least we are here in Q and that is a big step forward as far as I'm concerned.