Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sleep's Rancho El Rae
Sherry bought her little "Canned Ham" travel trailer a couple years ago............This Winter She's been sanding and painting a custom design on the Exterior

Ben and I have been working on the inside.................the sink originally had a hand pump faucet

Here we've added a 12 volt pump.............

And a fancy faucet (Cold only)...the "Too-Large" mounting hole needed a desert-improvised escutcheon from a cutting board
PAULETTE and "Two Cats and THE DOUG"

Whereabouts unknown...……...
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Abnorm for this post:
  • Texjbird (03-18-2022)
Earlier in the Season we had removed the dormant gas heater as well as a gas lantern........retaining the Range/Stovetop

The original gas line under the trailer is steel and transitions to flared copper.....Unable to change the pipe fittings we had to seal one line here

The IceBox was on top....Ben cut that out and created a Pantry.............add a door

I'm gonna have to look at resizing these pics............""too big can't post""

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

• GotSmart (03-16-2022)
Doug has been busier than a flea catcher at a dog convention. Almost every time I see him he has another project going. He has developed some Great woodworking skills.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • Abnorm (03-17-2022)
Thanks for posting that Doug. That little camper has changed a lot!
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • Abnorm (03-17-2022)
Doug continues to be a blessing for all he does. Never intended to do so much this year except paint, but the ol’ girl is looking good inside and out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a sweet looking camper....so with it being a 'vintage' camper, has anyone inspected the running gear? Wheels, tires, axle, brakes (if equipped), springs, fasteners, bolts, welds, and especially, the wheel bearings.

The undercarriage on these well-seasoned campers needs a once-over...sometimes they sit and get kinda ignored where the rubber meets the road. We sure don't want any problems later on after the inside and outside are getting a 'refresh'....

Carry on and yeah...pics! We like pics!
Hey Tx, the first summer I got the trailer I knew new tires and having the bearings done was a priority. The Utah family that adopted me did that for me when the season ended. That gift has meant the world to me.

We are trying to wrap up a few things and I am trying do do a deep clean, also have the very front of the trailer to paint but fighting with the wind!

Will post pics soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What's In Your Toolbox.......JB WELD !

The bottom of the little furnace cabinet has two pieces of OLD Vinyl flooring......The seam was never a problem under the furnace but now the Propane tank in a milkcrate is supposed to slide into the ventilated cabinet.......The seam was pretty ugly......the edges curled up about an inch....I first used the propane torch to warm the vinyl enough to push flat.....I tried staples but they pulled thru

JB WELD Original to the rescue........I mixed up a big batch and applied it under the seam.......covered the seam with some tape

And then screwed a plywood board right over the whole thing.........alot of squeezeout but it's a utility cabinet..........

• rvpopeye (03-21-2022)
Any ideas to fix a broken tile Doug. It’s driving me nuts. Only thing I can think of is to go ahead and beat it out of the floor and see if I can’t get a tile up from under the sofa in one piece?
monkeyfoot
Tues. service appointment............9:00 am ?