Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traveling WEST in the Summer of Covid
A confusing collection of "adventures" as we head WEST after "escaping" the Kentucky Farm.

Travel America, Mt Vernon, Missouri............

Stopped for the night between Springfield Mo and Tulsa Ok at a TA Truck Stop off I-44

We bought our Dinner and Snacks from the store......Parked in the empty "car" parking......the trucks were stacking up out back......

We ate and started some Netflix..............about 11 o'clock we get the ROUST !........""You Can't Park Here Overnight !""

I get dressed and visit the Office.....O Yeah....No FREE Parking......$18 to park for the nite ?!#@%$&# (it's 11 o'clock....of course I paid)

Two other cars had sleeping bodies without the $ ticket on the window in the morning................

"Tomorrow is another day""
PAULETTE and "Two Cats and THE DOUG"

Whereabouts unknown...……...
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Abnorm for this post:
  • heron (07-10-2020)
Did you show them your receipt from the store?
Survived that last catastrophe....NEXT!
No....$22.....but I told her.......The 'nite-manager' had so much makeup on and metal in her cheeks, she looked like a pin-cushion

I guess I shouldn't laugh out loud ? (next time I'll remember)

When we first left Camilla's and John's we tried INDIANA.........It was still Closed-for-business....after one nite we headed back to Kentucky

The Land Between the Lakes...........bordering Ky and Tn......we spent a week there.....doing their version of dispersed camping.....

First 3 days at the North end of the park at Pisgah Point........a glorified boat ramp on Lake Kentucky that allows camping.......but we parked right ON the shoreline.......my awning would be IN the water

Last days at Neville Bay on Lake Barkley in the Southern end of the park.........Again a boat ramp but this was a large green grass amphitheater on-the-slope........with rain coming (and real possibility of getting stuck) we opted to park right on the edge of the "parking" and hung the awning over the grassy field

Very nice places.......water was lake quality.....lots-o-silt......mucky lake bottom......lake warm

Cost $40 for the six nites with 2-people...........pit toilet and dumpster.......travel for free supplied water or dump

But the generator's not working and we've had cloudy weather and rain..........we need some WATTS

• heron (07-10-2020)
Oh dang.....well if you wanna mosey this way as a basecamp for awhile you know you are always welcome...you can circulate between Lake Meredith, Kens Place in Amarillo, Walmarts and such, and of course, YaRc bAr....only issue right now in the Panhandle is the damn heat...but nights are still cooling off to about 65 or so by morning.

Of course if you need to work on stuff, I got room for that!

And we are only a half day's drive from the coolness of northern NM....
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to tx2sturgis for this post:
  • heron (07-10-2020)
Starting to see fireworks at night off in the distance from my porch...

BTW we have a city sponsored fireworks show of some kind here on Saturday night...I think...plus the big county picnic, which is a week long event mostly in downtown Tulia, July 13-18:

https://www.tuliachamber.com/tcoc-events/picnic-week
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to tx2sturgis for this post:
  • heron (07-10-2020)
Skipping ahead............We're currently south of Tulsa .......the Honda generator is getting repaired in Tulsa

We found a county park on a huge lake with multiple camping areas.......We checked in to the RV/Electric camp to solve our power needs

Six days for $108.........takes us thru the holiday......most of the rigs here look like they spend the summer ......mid-week there's nobody in the lake except Doug !

First come/No reservations..........A couple claimed the site next door...... parking a pop-up trailer and then leaving......Lots-o-rigs are empty assuming they're weekend warriors........

We were visited AGAIN by RockyRaccoon...........We keep the doors open with screened openings...last nite he was nose to nose with Smudgee ! Nice "normal" coon.............not Camilla's overweight beasts.........he climbed thru the "garage" looking for goodies too.

• heron (07-10-2020)
Well let me backtrack a week to a real Gem...................Ozark National Scenic Riverways

We stumbled upon the area while crossing Missouri............we spent almost a week on or near the Current River......Spring fed COLD 60*, river rock bottom......Fast flowing and absolutely CLEAR........Kayaks everywhere.....tubbers, canoes.....the rangers had some powerboats

In one campsite a group of Black birds decided to devour our chicken thighs left out thawing......same camp a raccoon ate some packaged noodles from the OPEN pantry.....DUH !

.........well we're off for another soak..................

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Abnorm for this post:
  • rvpopeye (07-03-2020), heron (07-10-2020)
We always called the racoons mini bears. They will get into everything.
Brian

2000 Roadtrek 200 Versatile "The Beast" (it has been tamed hopefully)  I feed it and it doesn't bite me.   Angel
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to B and C for this post:
  • Abnorm (07-01-2020), heron (07-10-2020)
We have the trash pandas and the birds trained. 

Arturo caught a big snapping turtle in the pond at the other house. Relocated to the Green River. 

Some things are best not allowed in the pantry.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • Abnorm (07-01-2020), heron (07-10-2020)
We've managed to travel thru Oklahoma.......Texas Panhandle (Hi Brian).........New Mexico's corner and now finally COLORADO !!!!!!!

The FORD Transmission is NOT happy at the moment in the mountains....acting stupid....NO Dipstick!.....I suspect low fluid

UTAH has a new state-of-emergency.........OOps........Change directions........Headed NORTH ..........

Got a new hat....."may the FOREST be with you"...................This (legal) BUD's for You !