Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Shit.
Ok I thought, since I do so much looking around, I’d post some of the interesting shit I find for us Nomadic types.

Disclaimer: this is stuff I find interesting. If I endorse it then I’ll put that in the post. These posts contain no sponsor or kick back links. It just a place to post some resources for people looking to make life easier on the road.

Please feel free to comment: “Scott you Nancy snowflake we...(fill in blank akin to drinking ones own urine) or I think this is better or cheaper or...whatever.

Just an interesting problem solving resource page.

So to start off:
In the military you can wear the same pants, combat shirt, and boots for days on end. But every squaddie is trained to change socks, underwear, and T-shirt daily. Even in the most extreme combat conditions I had fresh socks. Well until they were more like the cotton covering Jesus and less like a sock. But cycling three Cotten socks for over a year in the jungle...everything wears out. But I never got jungle/trench foot and my tent never smelled like a French delicatessen after a ten hour power failure.

I thought this looked pretty cool.
https://www.acttup.com/products/mini-ozo...ear-washer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beast Master,JunkyMonkey,Drinks with Wolves,Fup'd Duck,Sheriff Ricochet Cockroach 4B's 1 cluster,3 TFMS Tempory Weirdo Overlord replacement 
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Scott7022 for this post:
  • rvpopeye (06-28-2020), heron (07-10-2020)
Bet you'd look good in those Scott, but please don't post pics!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson
That sure looks like a good replacement for my dollar tree bucket and plunger !
Lets see...$100 divided by $2 is.......a lot of buckets and plungers ......
Does it kiss you in the morning ???????
Skuh kuh kuh kuh

I used to have something similar. It was a little (about a gallon) tank with a crank handle mtd in a rack.
Put in at most a pair of jeans a very little amount of detergent and some hot water.
The thing worked great !
Can't remember the name,, Wonderwash or sumpin'.
It was ~ $40 IIRC.
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 8 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • heron (07-10-2020)
yea, seen these out there. kinda pricey.

needs power and water tho and in the end a bucket and lid and shake works better in a way for me LOL

cool crap out there tho.
3 Stinkin' Badges, YARC, Cat Ass Trophy, ROOIRIA Wannabe, Bisquit cause me soggy!
Looking at the power adapter, power is converted to a barrel connector on the machine end. That usually means 12V DC (not always).
Brian

2000 Roadtrek 200 Versatile "The Beast" (it has been tamed hopefully)  I feed it and it doesn't bite me.   Angel
It is a 12 volt dc. I did more digging. So for delicates. Not jeans number one.

SAS Lt instructor in CAF survival training: “Any asshole can be uncomfortable in the field. Don’t be assholes my little retards.”

I may have a sensitive nose, “it’s an animal thing,” but I don’t like the scent of unwashed, or wet whipped naughty bits.

Space will be a premium so the collapsable bucket saves that and a little ozone goes a long way preventing jungle jewels. Yes a bucket is cheaper, and you ain’t doing your Christmas sweater. But...for me it’s in my list.

Call me Nancy. Lol! I like to be snap inspection clean.

Pics? Careful I’ll get your addy and buy you a yearly subscription to Big Boy In Boots. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beast Master,JunkyMonkey,Drinks with Wolves,Fup'd Duck,Sheriff Ricochet Cockroach 4B's 1 cluster,3 TFMS Tempory Weirdo Overlord replacement 
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Scott7022 for this post:
  • rvpopeye (06-29-2020), Cammalu (06-29-2020), heron (07-10-2020)
Yes I get the clean thing ,,,when it's the only thing you CAN keep clean ,,,fer sure go for it ! Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh

That subscription would be more effective if sent to Kentucky me thinks........
This pirate never had actual possession of those often mentioned footwear.
Useless for diggin' clams...
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 8 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • heron (07-10-2020)
heck a tub of water and a tad of whatever soap and use your hands to pound/sweep/mush any clothes as needed...obvy small things rinse faster and easier and if small, my goodness it is as simple as water and hands truly LOL
the gadgets we all think are so great is what is killing this entire global world truly, from something so simple yet 'someone made it better' for profit and to grab your hard earned money
3 Stinkin' Badges, YARC, Cat Ass Trophy, ROOIRIA Wannabe, Bisquit cause me soggy!
And to make your life easier. Isn't that a big part of the modern world, making life easier? A life a leisure brought to you by the many gadgets that free your time. Of course anyone can go back to pounding wet clothes on rocks or use a scrub board.
Brian

2000 Roadtrek 200 Versatile "The Beast" (it has been tamed hopefully)  I feed it and it doesn't bite me.   Angel
ahh, I hear ya but those gadgets that make life easier are a PIA and we all know that. the minute they stop working, and they will, we have to work harder in horrible jobs to pay to fix/repair/replace. something is to be said big time for a simpler life....why so many go off grid and boondock etc.

I guess the old double edged sword right?