Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's in YOUR town ??
Anything INTERESTING ?

Down by one of my fave striper fishkin' spots , juss round da cornah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFeJkrmxy5E
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 8 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (06-11-2020)
Navy's electric boat, really huge extension cord.

The electricity is provided by two HUGE Honda eu2000i 's.......well gas turbines anyway.
But there are reports of a big cable on the bottom of the Kennebec River................?
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 8 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
Fat Boy Drive In
Car hops and all the usual menu suspects.
Including a big fat seagull ,that swoops down to steal any lobby roll left on the window tray !
He learned it from me crows.....
Ooooo speakin' o' which, they be grumblin' sumpin' 'bout food ATM !
Gotta go. Arrrrrrrrr.
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • heron (06-13-2020)
Homeplace of Bill Monroe, father of bluegrass. Several little podunk ferrys across the green river.

I saw a deer walking by Doug’s camp this morning. He’s just off the path of a deer run that crosses the property. He has seen beautiful foxes at his site. I haven’t seen them.

Georgie and Joker are both here camping at the pond. I was in Owensboro about 30 miles away when I got a call that they were down by the green river stuck in mud in the ATV. They decided to go off road on private property to get some firewood (I have a ton in my woods). I told them to call John and he went down in the other ATV and pulled them out. Silly Georgie and Joker. Glad they didn’t get caught. They said they thought it was state property because there is a boat ramp nearby.

They were in the RV yesterday evening and we had a birthday cake for Joker. Raccoons came and they got to watch them thru the window. I told them we would put chairs out tonight and they can sit out there with them. I’ll cut up some apples and stuff so they can feed them.

I have a pile of stuff I need to do today - paper work mostly. No fun!
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • heron (06-13-2020), Everyroadleadshome (06-15-2020)
little town that has nothing ya know. central core of the town is all but dead. no restaurants hardly but a few icky ones so we don't bother with them. hmm, ugh, nothing really....key to my town is drive out to get to good stuff but that makes it great place to live cause low traffic, no people mostly and all, rural and just the way we love it Wink
3 Stinkin' Badges, YARC, Cat Ass Trophy, ROOIRIA Wannabe, Bisquit cause me soggy!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to RoamerRV428 for this post:
  • heron (06-13-2020)
Luckily people. 

The town I grew up in became a destination. 8 spa’s, 20 wineries 30 B & B’s. Destination restaurants. Shopping galore, vineyards worth $1,000,000 an acre. My old home is on several post cards. 

Nobody lives there but the extremely wealthy and those lucky enough to have subsidized housing. 

Traffic jams galore. Not many of my classmates are left.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • heron (06-13-2020)
What’s in my neighborhood?
Trampolines and swimming pools behind every house and basketball hoops in the street in front except Mine.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Snikwahjm for this post:
  • heron (06-13-2020)
defunct logging town at the edge of the western world,70 years ago it all the basics but they built a dam in the next valley and the logging moved there,now it's a circle with a small river 100 yard away
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Blacktank for this post:
  • heron (06-13-2020)
Beautiful downtown Warren, ME. By a really beautiful river. Nothing there, really. Claim to fame: We have the longest town owned stretch of riverfront in the state. Other towns must have very little. I don't live there. I live out in the puckerbrush on the NE edge of town.
One gloriously stinkin' badge.
ROOIRIA
FULL MONTY!!!!