Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3rd tropical storm already , june 5th !
Not a good time to own land on Lake Ponchatrain ...again....

I hope Queenie can stay dry. It looks like maybe !
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 8 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • Texjbird (06-05-2020), heron (06-12-2020)
"They'..... have upped the number of expected tropical systems in the Atlantic, as there are signs a La Nina is forming in the Pacific. This has a tendency to lower the wind shear in the Atlantic that can aid in preventing storms from evolving into spinning swell generating beasts that occassionally buzzsaw coastlines and islands and kick the hairless monkeys who reside there, in their respective nether regions.

Relatives and friends in Florida without generators are deciding to get one before the inevitable rush, and some have asked me for my opinions. I don't really have any experience with generators, but steered them away from the cheap contractor generators which might get one's residence machine gunned if run overnight, toward Honda, and the 3000 vs the 2200 as it will seemingly allow 8 hours of sleep on a tank of gas, where the 2200 might be too near capacity powering fridge window shaker AC and some other things, and only last 4 hours on a tank of gas near max loading.

On a selfish note La Nina tends to somewhat suppress hurricane formation in the East Pacific resulting in less tropical swell for California and Storms in the southern Hemisphere's roaring 40's and below to the screaming 60's, are the main swell energy sources.

I think a lot of previous trends and tendencies and correlations of weather patterns are much less valid as the climate changes. We had some light rain here in Socal last night. I can't remember the last time it rained in June here.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to sternwake for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (06-07-2020), Texjbird (06-08-2020), heron (06-12-2020)
Yup , no such thing as normal anymore. Toss the dice.
Sorry to hear about the waves.
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 8 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • heron (06-12-2020)
(06-05-2020, 10:55 AM)rvpopeye Wrote: Not a good time to own land on Lake Ponchatrain ...again....

I hope Queenie can stay dry. It looks like mayb

SO NOW THE TRUTH IS FINALLY OUT. YOU HAVE FAILED IN EATING YOUR COMPLETE DAILY RATION A SPINACH FOR A WHILE HAVEN'T YOU?

LAKE PONTCHARTRAIN LA =  GREAT AND SWAMPY STATE OF LOUISIANA.   
 CAN WE GET A LINK TO COLT FORD MUSIC VIDEO SHE GETS SWAMPY? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcttOrwUsbo QUEENIE SAYS PLEASE AND THANK YOU 

QUEENIE LIVES NEAR SELECT WRECKER FORT RUCKER LA. DUDE THIS TALK-TO-TEXT BS IS GOING TO STROKE ME OUT ONE OF THESE DAYS   Huh
HER LA MEANS  LOWER ALABAMA.   SHE SAID SHE WILL SEND YOU A CASE OF FREEZE DRIED SPINACH JUST AS SOON AS IT'S AVAILABLE GOT TO KEEP YOU WITS ABOUT YOU.  NO DON'T YOU THAT WAS YOU KNOW BRATZ DIET THAT DON'T YOU :.  Angel. HAVE YOU SEEN MY BALL OF ESTROGEN AND
MY GUN.  THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE BOTTLE OF ESTROGEN SCREW THE GUN I KNOW WHERE MY HAMMER IS. Angry

QUEENIE. AND JEWELLANN
  I AM OUT OF ESTROGEN
                    AND I HAVE A GUN                
   MY  Heart  IS GOOD....BUT OH THIS MOUTH
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Texjbird for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (06-07-2020), heron (06-12-2020)
Miss Queenie.
The storm is going straight to Louisiana and you and TJB live in Alabama so I meant it's a gonna miss ya ! and you might even not get your fur all stinky in the rain woof woof
As it turns out my doctor told me leafy lettuce is a waste of time and i should eat other vegetables now...who knew ????
Go back to sleep , there are kitties waiting for you there...TJB will wake you up when it's time to eat....

As in our last txt. I promise I won't tell TJB you hate hip hop !
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • Texjbird (06-06-2020), AbuelaLoca (06-07-2020), heron (06-12-2020)
Lower Alabama could see a lot of rain from this. Most of the wind and weather will be well to the east of the storm's center. The expected 60Mph winds at landfall will likely be far from the center well to the East.

It's raining sideways!

Thanks Ollie.

[Image: prcp-fcst-5day-0Z-6.6.20-930px.jpg]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9fhxa8yFb0
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to sternwake for this post:
  • Texjbird (06-06-2020), AbuelaLoca (06-07-2020), heron (06-12-2020)
OK , or THAT !
Sorry Queenie.
Got a ziploc bag poncho ready....?
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • heron (06-12-2020)
The propane (duel fuel) Sportsman gennie (1800 running watts) I got for $399 from Home Depot last month (43% off sale) has at least worked for me. It even will run a 15 amp circular saw (tried it) without overloading. No way I could have afforded a Honda or Yamaha, and I wanted the dual fuel.

Haven’t seen it anywhere for that cheap again, should have bought 2! Ha ha.
If my body is ever found on a jogging trail, I was murdered somewhere else and dumped there. I don’t frequent such parts of town. 
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to TWIH for this post:
  • Texjbird (06-06-2020), AbuelaLoca (06-07-2020)
2020 is conspiring against my fun 60th birthday in Key West at the end of August. Yes, it’s all about me! LOL
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Queen for this post:
  • Texjbird (06-06-2020), AbuelaLoca (06-07-2020), Cammalu (06-08-2020), heron (06-12-2020)
It's just starting to rain here in the Northern part of Louisiana. We had some misting earlier in the afternoon. I'm really tired of the rain this year.
YARC 1 Stinkin' Badge
ROOIRIA
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Kyz for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (06-08-2020)