Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If anyone was thinking of heading this way this summer
The provincial campgrounds are reserved for resident use only.
https://www.bclocalnews.com/news/only-br...-covid-19/
Only British Columbians allowed to camp in provincial parks this summer amid COVID-19
The move announced today matches Alta. and Sask.
  • May. 21, 2020 12:00 a.m.
The Ministry of Environment announced camping in provincial parks will be restricted to B.C residents, this summer.
People with bookings received an email this morning, saying non-B.C. residents with existing reservations will be canceled with a refund. The email furthered that any new reservations made after May 15 by non-BC residents will be subject to immediate cancellation without a refund.
Provincial campsites will begin to open June 1.

The province said the move to restrict campers to B.C. only aligns with other provinces.
In May, the Alberta government said they will reopen provincial park campsites in June, however they would be for Alberta residents and existing reservations made by out-of-province campers would be canceled. Occupancy would also be reduced by 50 per cent and no campfires would be permitted.

Saskatchewan has also instituted a similar policy, opening provincial campgrounds restricted to local residents only.
MLA Tom Shypitka for Kootenay East praised the move.
“Hard work and persistence have paid off,” he wrote on Facebook. Shypitka continued he has been lobbying for B.C. Parks to open to provincial residents only.
“I am happy to share the news that your voices have been heard!”

In today’s press conference, B.C’s top doctor Bonnie Henry was unaware of the ban. However, Minister of Health Adrian Dix said the move was to control overnight travel.
B.C. Recreation Sites and Trails opened all recreation sites across the province on May 14 for day use. Camping will be permitted starting June 1, but subject to COVID-19 health and safety concerns, states their website.
The federal government announced on May 14 that Parks Canada will take a phased-in approach to open national parks and heritage sites.

Some trails, day use areas, green spaces and recreational boating will be permitted after June 1. However, the federal government said camping in national parks will not be allowed until at least June 21.
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to BCGuy for this post:
  • rvpopeye (05-22-2020), RoamerRV428 (05-22-2020), American Nomad Patriot (05-22-2020), AbuelaLoca (05-22-2020)
thanks for some good info posted

we cancelled our Toronto trip in July.

It just isn't the time to go. So we are staying closer to home right now on trips. Will be sad Toronto is off our sights this summer Sad
3 Stinkin' Badges, YARC, Cat Ass Trophy, ROOIRIA Wannabe
If we do go anywhere, it will be Florida. 

I would love to see the great northland.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • American Nomad Patriot (05-22-2020)
Thanks for the info but I'll never set foot or tire in your country with great people, forest, roads, just a wonderful place but IMHO a lousy government. I choose not to support it. Thanks!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson
I would LOVE to visit Canada!!!!
monkeyfoot
That was pretty shitty Grt8ful
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • Gr8ful (05-23-2020)
(05-22-2020, 06:34 AM)Gr8ful Wrote: Thanks for the info but I'll never set foot or tire in your country with great people, forest, roads, just a wonderful place but IMHO a lousy government. I choose not to support it. Thanks!

Huh

Im sure that everyone there appreciates your absence.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • Gr8ful (05-27-2020)
(05-21-2020, 10:40 PM)BCGuy Wrote:  The email furthered that any new reservations made after May 15 by non-BC residents will be subject to immediate cancellation without a refund.

THAT seems like barely legal online theft.

I hope that there is some kind of notice on the website that says, if you reserve a spot, and you dont live near here, we will cancel your reservations AND KEEP YOUR MONEY!

Government. Cant live with em, and cant live without em...uh wait....yes I bet we could.
                                                                 LIVE! from the apocalypse!
(05-22-2020, 06:34 AM)Gr8ful Wrote: Thanks for the info but I'll never set foot or tire in your country with great people, forest, roads, just a wonderful place but IMHO a lousy government. I choose not to support it. Thanks!

Still pissed we didn’t tell you about the pending Pearl Harbor thing?

Liberal ideologies?

A leader with nice hair? And not much else IMHO.

Thanks for the nice people and places comment. Sounds like a story there for sure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beast Master,JunkyMonkey,Drinks with Wolves,Fup'd Duck,Sheriff Ricochet Cockroach 4B's 1 cluster,3 TFMS Tempory Weirdo Overlord replacement 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Scott7022 for this post:
  • Gr8ful (05-26-2020)
(05-26-2020, 10:37 AM)Scott7022 Wrote:

Still pissed we didn’t tell you about the pending Pearl Harbor thing?

Liberal ideologies?

A leader with nice hair? And not much else IMHO.

Thanks for the nice people and places comment. Sounds like a story there for sure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To be fair, this is almost exactly what several of my Canadian snowbird friends said when Trump was elected.  I disagree with the sentiment, but it has been said on both sides of the border by mostly well meaning peoe.