Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder Hornets
What's up to 2 inches long, orange and yellow, and likes to decapitate bees? Meet the Asian giant hornet, now spotted in North America.

If you didn't think 2020 could get much worse, it just did with the invasion of murder hornets.
The Asian giant hornet (vespa mandarinia[i])[/i] is described as 1.5 inches to 2 inches in length with an orange-yellow head and black stripes on its abdomen. 

Kyoto Sangyo University researcher Jun-ichi Takahashi said the hornet species earned its "murder hornet" nickname due to its toxic venom, which is equivalent to that of a venomous snake, according to a New York Times piece on Saturday that got social media talking about the horrifying pest. Multiple stings from this large hornet can be fatal. So much so that hornets kill up to 50 people a year in Japan alone.
And now they're in the United States.

https://www.cnet.com/news/meet-murder-ho...ightmares/

the best quote i found
Murder Hornets, but with the right lawyer, Manslaughter Bees
Jeez!!! That thing doesn’t just sound mean either. Look at that face!

[Image: 38f057ee644021d7648303a96005a4c5.jpg]
monkeyfoot
ewww don't want none here. what we got is enough! I am forever battling fire ants on the farm...omg they are insidious enough, don't want that crap flying around here Smile
3 Stinkin' Badges, YARC, Cat Ass Trophy, ROOIRIA Wannabe
EEEEEzzzzeee just like the Kiiiller Beeees and Fire Ants ....and those steeeeenking cockroaches.
Si , iS true...
You don't get to choose.
Noooo

I wonder if Hot Shot still works?.....
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 8 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)
Hot shot hell. If I see one I’m outta there. I’ve missed with hot shot too many times.
monkeyfoot
OK Cammie's cuttin" and runnin' ,,,,what YOU gonna do ?

Wait ! Didn't you used to carry as part of your three letter job ?
Hmmmmmmmmmmm  ..........
Stay clear of my place for hunting season , OK ?
The walls aren't too thick ! 
skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh kuh

ME ??
I'm gonna get a case of Hot Shot and use half of it practicing on sea gulls before them Murder Hornet buggah's  show up here !
oh ayuh ............ Wink
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 8 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
Leave those poor seagulls alone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
monkeyfoot
Rats with wings.
Steal yer bait and then paint yer boat white .

You ought to see what they do to the work boats in any harbor ..

AND these damn white rats are 'protected" too !! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
I was going to murder Hornets, but I just could not find any Hornets to murder!

I never did like them anyway....

LIVE! from the apocalypse!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to tx2sturgis for this post:
  • rvpopeye (05-04-2020)
Tex
I've been thinking for quite a while about what kind of award you should get............... Rolleyes never doubting there must be something that fits.
Today , as I read your post above ^ I thought " he reminds me of a guitar player I know" ,, then I knew..... Wink

In recognition of your ability to see things through the right end and the other end of life's telescope , at the same time. Confused

I hereby bestow upon you this sacred honor.
You are now classified as a "lifer" ,,,enjoying the special lifetime membership covering musicians ,
but I'm pretty sure for you - there is no cure.  A Forever YARCer Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Before it's "official" you do have to sing the club prayer ten times real fast !
(It's OK , special allowance made for 1st time if required , you can just do it in the shower or anywhere nobody can hear if a stage and 50K of amplification doesn't sound like fun.....) Wink

I'm a weirdo but I can change.
But I don't have to .
So , NO WAY !

Your union card will be processed after the ....whatever this is. Huh

It will never be sent to you though , that way you won't have to buy a guitar case to carry it in.......

T W O h s,,,,P.O.  Tongue
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA