Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visiting TJB and Queenie's ALINER
Not long ago we stopped at JewellAnn's in Alabama to "check-out" her Aliner……..My biggest concern was the refrigeration for her Insulin supply.

She has the trailer set up in a local RV park and arranged for us to stay on her lot for free while helping her......The park is clean with large adjoining lots featuring Water, Sewer and Electric......Nice grass cover with considerable shade from tall trees

Her site has a cracked and broken Patio Slab...…dangerous and needs replacing...………..With her permission I'll share some exterior photos

Here's the view from the rear...….there's an add-on "shelf" and a bike/tire rack...….The original axle and tires have been replaced with larger "normal" tires  and a (swing?) axle...broken lens....and that tag/registration needs some attention

Door side view...……the door is a narrow dutch-door…the clam-shell latch connecting them is toast…..and the sloppy door-knob-lock needs some TLC from a locksmith (closed for lockdown)......I didn't check the A/C

And the front...…has two heavy add-on jerry jugs flanking the two empty propane bottles…as well as the spare tire connected to the bottle tie-down (awkward)…..the 'stone guard' is that white PVC panel common to commercial kitchens (I added additional screws to keep it in place)

The trailer tongue needs work...the original trailer jack has been replaced with a side-mount bolt-on.....it could NOT lift the aliner off of the van's hitch....they needed a bottle jack...….the original mount needs some Torch & Hammer work for a new electric jack to be installed.....and the tire has to GO

and finally the Frig access panel...has a muffin fan for added ventilation….BUT needs replacing...…..no local source "while-we-wus-there" in Daleville

That's all the photos...……….NO Queenie !
PAULETTE and "Two Cats and THE DOUG"

Whereabouts unknown...……...
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Abnorm for this post:
  • Texjbird (04-30-2020), heron (05-13-2020)
Continuing………………..The Interior was crowded......lots O stuff in transition...….

So on to the FRIG......a 3-way...….exterior plastic deteriorating...…..She has 120 power so I tried to set the frig to Electric...….plastic knob broke in my hand.....previously glued with vinyl glue (Sucker!)......I removed the front trim with broken mounts........spring broken on freezer compartment

I adjusted the 3-way selector to Shore Power with pliers...…..and used JB Weld to add structure to the front trim's mounting holes...….We turned it ON and waited...….next day it was cool/cold......NICE !........the previous owner added a switch to a muffin fan in the access......(now it's dead) so I'll find a replacement to install and a replacement for the selector knob

There's No bathroom so JewellAnn has a cassette toilet...I remodeled a space to accept it for easy use...….that cassette will take some work to empty and wash into an open 4" PVC pipe.....(the park manager expressed concern to me about that)

She loves her STUFF !...…..there are small glass and wood curio cabinets that sit on the counter...…...endless bags of plastic grocery bags...…folded cardboard box dividers........and she delivered plants and more plants to the patio.....and one night she was headed to "roadside-shop" on the way home (more over-the-toilet shelves)

We weren't invited to the Apartment or the Storage...…(Thank-God)

JewellAnn looks great (it's been two years since we first met)...Queenie isn't REALLY fat...We didn't get to visit very long..…"Bob" was sick and her old friend Cheryl passed while we were there .....

She'll survive in the Aliner parked in the RV park if/when she gets the boot at the apt...…….On-The-Road ? I don't know....awful lot of variables.....

We Love you TJB...…..Hang in there...…
PAULETTE and "Two Cats and THE DOUG"

Whereabouts unknown...……...
[-] The following 6 users say Thank You to Abnorm for this post:
  • Texjbird (04-30-2020), Snikwahjm (04-30-2020), Cammalu (04-30-2020), Queen (05-01-2020), rvpopeye (05-01-2020), heron (05-13-2020)
the outside of the aliner doesnt look bad at all
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Blacktank for this post:
  • Texjbird (05-01-2020), heron (05-13-2020)