Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
C19 mortality rate and ventilation
What is the mortality rate for [COVID-19] patients who require mechanical ventilation?

I debated starting this post for obvious reasons. Still wondered why they have no tracking info or just not publishing the results to the question. NPR interviewed some British stat guy that said their numbers are 44% survival if ventilated 3 days or more. And they have no numbers on follow-up after release from ICU/hospital. He stated that permanent long term health issues (pulmonary) are expected, but he didn't give details.

I'm leaning towards writing a DNR (do not resuscitate) form stating, if I ever need ventilation for C19, just give me some morphine and pull all the plugs. I'm almost 70, the stints, Lipitor and blood thinner allow me normal activity and I have no restrictions. However, without a vaccine I'm at the top of the hit list.  (Q Tom Bodett)... Tell the ICU to leave a light on for me.....
Hey ! We're NOT counting you out yet ! Tell Tom not to waste electricity....
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 8 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)
Careful DNR can be life threatening. Being serious. What if COVID-19 misses you but the soap in the shower doesn’t.

You can always deny treatment at the time.

Be safe and sane about this shit. The Spanish flu didn’t have social media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beast Master,JunkyMonkey,Drinks with Wolves,Fup'd Duck,Sheriff Ricochet Cockroach 4B's 1 cluster,3 TFMS Tempory Weirdo Overlord replacement 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Scott7022 for this post:
  • rvpopeye (04-24-2020)
Forgot about soap on a rope ? S'gonna git ya !
Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh kuh
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 8 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)
If borg-19, ooops I mean covid-19 tries its hardest to kill ya and can't quite get the job done, then the docs roll out an assimilation machine, ooops I mean ventilator, then inject you with some strong nanites, ooops I mean drugs because resistance is futile, then jam that assimilation tube, ooops I mean ventilation tube, down your throat, and let it finish the job.

Less than 20% survive that ordeal.

Yeah, thanks, but no.
Survived that last catastrophe....NEXT!
(04-24-2020, 07:43 AM)tx2sturgis Wrote: If borg-19, ooops I mean covid-19 tries its hardest to kill ya and can't quite get the job done, then the docs roll out an assimilation machine, ooops I mean ventilator, then inject you with some strong nanites, ooops I mean drugs because resistance is futile, then jam that assimilation tube, ooops I mean ventilation tube, down your throat, and let it finish the job.

Less than 20% survive that ordeal.

Yeah, thanks, but no.

You forgot to mention airlines.  Wink
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated
Yes.....yes I did!

Dang Borg Tubes....disguised as airliners....but I'm not fooled!

Tongue
Survived that last catastrophe....NEXT!
A different take on this...
https://youtu.be/8Q30o1DLvfc
Dangerous to post one person’s opinion claiming to be fact.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated
It’s not my personal opinion. It’s an interesting take on 5g and that virus and so on. Lots of fear mongering going on and that is my opinion.