Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My newly modified Scooter.
I had requested to the Veterans Administration that the hard as a rock tires on my scooter be replaced with pneumatic (air filled) ones for a bit smoother ride. That was two months ago and I had forgotten about it. 

Friday a guy knocks on the door to pick up my scooter, seems the paperwork went through and soon I will be 'stylin' around the mobile home park with new tires. 

These are small tires and wheels, so just for the heck of it I looked at the purchase order cost. For a set of 4 tiny tires $512.00. Better be Goodyears.

Rob

These are the tires they are replacing.
cool, hope ya don't get any flats
Shit...thats expensive. Does it come wit free tire rotation and balancing?
It should.. The VA pays for maintenance and bless them for that but I hate to see waste. Or wasted money. They are also replacing a cracked area that I got going down a curb because one of the geniuses here parked blocking the ramp. Then told me I better not scratch his car. Gary would do the 24 hour banishment if I typed what I told him.
(09-17-2017, 07:51 AM)Gunny Wrote: I had requested to the Veterans Administration that the hard as a rock tires on my scooter be replaced with pneumatic (air filled) ones for a bit smoother ride. That was two months ago and I had forgotten about it. 
<-------->
Friday a guy knocks on the door to pick up my scooter, seems the paperwork went through and soon I will be 'stylin' around the mobile home park with new tires. 

That's a bit of good news. Glad to hear it. Smile
 The Captain and Crew Finally got their stuff together. 
 Now if they can only remember where they put it.   Rolleyes
That really sucks that it costs that much for four little wheels. Someone is screwing over the govt again with outrageous prices. I saw so much abuse of this government contracts.
monkeyfoot
(09-17-2017, 08:27 AM)Cammalu Wrote: That really sucks that it costs that much for four little wheels.  Someone is screwing over the govt again with outrageous prices.  I saw so much abuse of this government contracts.
I'm sure it's an inside job. Those folks can't all be that dumb.
 See? I didn't use the word stupid. Oops, I think I just did anyway. Dodgy
 The Captain and Crew Finally got their stuff together. 
 Now if they can only remember where they put it.   Rolleyes
Or maybe the law of supply and demand has something to do with it
Not that the govt' can ever do anything efficiently
Are the new sneakers off road rated ? Cool
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 8 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)
I think they will work on gravel, the old ones I had doubts about. Offroad, no way. They make them but the VA isn't going to spring for one.

Rob