Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1990 Dodge Roadtrek
I got a van comfortable, needs work, drives as it sits, first trip almost 400 miles, high miles, but sheltered for the age, relatively, looked at many I would never have bought... LoL.... I will be back when I recover

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to minddroool for this post:
  • Texjbird (12-04-2019), rvpopeye (12-04-2019), Cammalu (12-04-2019), TWIH (12-04-2019), heron (12-05-2019)
The beginning of another interesting thread.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Wayne49 for this post:
  • heron (12-05-2019), minddroool (12-05-2019)
A single person can be extremely comfortable in a Roadtrek. The workings are easy to self repair.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • heron (12-05-2019), minddroool (12-05-2019)
Congratulations!  I love my Roadtrek.  Great size and has it all, just wish the fridge was bigger.  The wife and I traveled in it for a year but I have travelled in it alone and there is plenty of space, even a little to pace back and forth if the need arises.  Turn the passenger seat around and you have a great space.

The van part (engine, trans etc.) should be checked by a mechanic.  If all the appliances and tanks work, you are golden (no wood rot to worry about usually).  Just check for leaks and replace gaskets (around doors) as needed.
Brian

2000 Roadtrek 200 Versatile "The Beast" (it has been tamed hopefully)  I feed it and it doesn't bite me.   Angel
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to B and C for this post:
  • heron (12-05-2019)
Find out what transmission you have. The worst thing about these is the damn transmission, especially if you have the smaller one. There's a thread in Mechanical Problems, titled Transmission life optimizers that has some really good advice.

Ed and I lived for the better part of two years in ours, and were perfectly comfortable, had everything we needed. You're going to be a happy nomad.
One gloriously stinkin' badge.
ROOIRIA
FULL MONTY!!!!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to heron for this post:
  • minddroool (12-05-2019)
Can you tell me the quickest, simplest way to seal the high top? Small leak, black seal thing loose all around ... Will clear silicone do it for the moment? Where is the best place in here to ask questions like this? I want to DRIVE NOW! LOL!

Thank you... I have trouble finding things here but now I know where to look

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to minddroool for this post:
  • heron (12-06-2019)
(12-04-2019, 07:09 PM)B and C Wrote: Congratulations!  I love my Roadtrek.  Great size and has it all, just wish the fridge was bigger.  The wife and I traveled in it for a year but I have travelled in it alone and there is plenty of space, even a little to pace back and forth if the need arises.  Turn the passenger seat around and you have a great space.

The van part (engine, trans etc.) should be checked by a mechanic.  If all the appliances and tanks work, you are golden (no wood rot to worry about usually).  Just check for leaks and replace gaskets (around doors) as needed.
This vehicle has a number of problems .... Can't wait to fix them!!!

Don't use silicone. Dicor has been the RVer's choice for years because you can get it off to reseal if need be. Silicone is very difficult to remove and a new bead will not seal to old silicone.

Edit to add: Forgot to mention there are two dicor sealants, one is self leveling and the other is like regular caulking. The self leveling stuff is made for flat areas and the other for vertical areas.
Brian

2000 Roadtrek 200 Versatile "The Beast" (it has been tamed hopefully)  I feed it and it doesn't bite me.   Angel
(12-05-2019, 05:36 AM)B and C Wrote: Don't use silicone. Dicor has been the RVer's choice for years because you can get it off to reseal if need be. Silicone is very difficult to remove and a new bead will not seal to old silicone.

Edit to add: Forgot to mention there are two dicor sealants, one is self leveling and the other is like regular caulking. The self leveling stuff is made for flat areas and the other for vertical areas.
Thank You!!!! I want to get it right the first time if I can. Maxed out cash to get her home.... If I can't afford dicor asap, suggestions? TY...