Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It’s so hot I’m going to go insane
Sad 
So, to recap my summer, I went to Truth or Consequences for May, June, July. It was hot ?, but the dry air was nice, and the hot springs, but the food situation was so bad I went to Roswell in August. 

BIG MISTAKE! BIG! HUGE! It got up to 111 one day. 

After hangin’ with the aliens, I went to Texas, south Texas that is. IT IS SO HOT!!!!
I’m in Hill Country, it’s pretty here and there is so much to do, but it’s too hot. I want to go to the Alamo, the Riverwalk, horseback riding, LBJ ranch, eat German food, hiking, playing on the river with Mocha, but I can’t. Why? Because it’s too hot.

Every time my weather app says the temp is gong to drop, they revise the forecast and it just gets hotter.  
Next week, it’s supposed to be in the 80s. Yeah right, PUT DOWN THE PIPE! They’ll revise it Sunday night and say, psyche, it’s going to be in the 90s for the rest of the year! Come on, let’s hear it for 100 degrees on Christmas! 

Then there is Mr Dew Point. When Mr Dew Point is in the 70s, I feel like I want to die. Ahh, so many years of 50 degree Mr Dew Point in the glorious Pacific Northwest. I still don’t understand the dew point, it’s like Einstein’s theory of special relativity, I read about it but still don’t understand it. All I know is when Mr Dew Point is in the 70s, I feel like I want to die.

I guess I learned my lesson the hard way. Nomads are supposed to move with the weather. I will never go to high heat/humidity areas again. John, Camilla, I’m sorry I won’t be able to come to Kentucky. But I will meet you in YARC camp. My god, when I see the saguaros again, I’m going to kiss their thorny goodness!
One Stinkin Badge!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to waldenbound for this post:
  • GypsyDogs (10-03-2019)
Well next year will be better because you learned a hard lesson this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
monkeyfoot
Sounds like you were/are really close to higher altitudes ? Have you explored Utah or Grand Canyon yet ?
Even Death Valley has the Panamints......
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

(10-02-2019, 05:02 PM)rvpopeye Wrote: Sounds like you were/are really close to higher altitudes ? Have you explored Utah or Grand Canyon yet ?
Even Death Valley has the Panamints......

I spent last summer in Flagstaff. Ah what a glorious time I had. Flagstaff is great. I’m going to snowbird between Oregon and Arizona. All these grandiose plans I had, met with reality. There’s no way I would have been able to handle Mississippi in July/August.

The North Pacific coast is virtually guaranteed to be cool in summer. The Pacific Ocean is Mother Nature ‘s air conditioning.
One Stinkin Badge!
Its still warmish up here in the Panhandle but its been cooling off somewhat at night. Saw around 60 for a morning low a couple of times. Usually by mid-October, mother nature flips the switch and we get 40 degrees and hard blowing north winds. You can thank Canada for those!
Wondering about Wandering.
(10-02-2019, 05:39 PM)tx2sturgis Wrote: Its still warmish up here in the Panhandle but its been cooling off somewhat at night. Saw around 60 for a morning low a couple of times. Usually by mid-October, mother nature flips the switch and we get 40 degrees and hard blowing north winds. You can thank Canada for those!

I’d give anything for 60s at night. My sleep is so crappy because I cover up with a sheet, too hot uncover, fan is blowing, cover up, too hot uncover. All night long!

the fall prediction is for above normal temps. If it only get to low 80s, that will be enough.
Can’t wait for blue northers.
One Stinkin Badge!
we are near 100 tomorrow. like high 90s today and no air moving. hot as hell here still.....they keep saying some drop is coming but darned if I have yet to see one Wink

100 tomorrow is gonna be a bear for sure!

I hear ya on hot. If Fall is supposed to come then get the hell here already Smile
3 Stinkin' Badges, YARC, Cat Ass Trophy, ROOIRIA Wannabe
(10-02-2019, 06:16 PM)RoamerRV428 Wrote: I hear ya on hot.  If Fall is supposed to come then get the hell here already Smile

Seriously! It’s autumn dammit! I try to think rationally. The earth is tilted at 23 degrees, it’s heading to the point where North America is tilted away from the sun. That is winter. BUT, what if the sun said, “Ok, the earth wants to tilt huh? Well, we’ll see about that.” And it starts pounding heat, wrapping the whole earth in blinding heat forever and ever! 

See how insane i’m Getting?
One Stinkin Badge!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to waldenbound for this post:
  • Cammalu (10-03-2019)
had a cold spell here,waking up to low 30's and it's nice
Texas is still hot. Hoping that halloween will bring cooler temps. This is the time of year that the cool (cold?) fronts stall out before they get too far south. There is a reason Houston used to be (still is?) the most air conditioned city in the world. The hill country doesn't have the humidity.
Brian

2000 Roadtrek 200 Versatile "The Beast" (it has been tamed hopefully)  I feed it and it doesn't bite me.   Angel