Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Self Building a home is instinctual
From a child of eight years old, i just did not understand the housing paradigm. 

I saw my parent running around like headless chickens, trying to pay the many bills, mortgages, overdrafts, credit cards, all fundamental to a debt based economy.

The banks do make money unless the person is debt. I only recently learnt the Federal Reserve, despite its name is not a government organisation and holds no stock or capital reserves.

Just from an animal level, other creatures build their own homes.

From the age of eight years old, if a huge stock of bricks was simply laid out with cement to bind the bricks, the size of a building that i could have built would have been absolutely massive.

Yet under the current system we are expected to work our whole lives, pay residential, council taxes, property stipulations and never really own a home. The banks own the home.

It took me years to figure out what was going on, but these are the words van-dwellers are circumventing:

Fiduciary, Statism, Feudalism

all land being owned, i believe this has caused the largest problem on the planet
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Unlocking Freedom for this post:
  • regis101 (10-01-2019), American Nomad Patriot (10-06-2019)
Every rule and regulation makes more money for someone. For the truth, follow the money. The tiny home situation has govt grinding its teeth -- they want the same amount of money for fees, permits, inspections of a 100sf home as they do for a 3,500sf one, but they can't figure out how to do it, so they ban them.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to CatPerson for this post:
  • Texjbird (10-01-2019)
(10-01-2019, 09:36 AM)CatPerson Wrote: Every rule and regulation makes more money for someone.  For the truth, follow the money.  The tiny home situation has govt grinding its teeth -- they want the same amount of money for fees, permits, inspections of a 100sf home as they do for a 3,500sf one, but they can't figure out how to do it, so they ban them.
i have been vandwelling for 3 years and managed to travel 25 countries.

the 6 solar panels are enough for me, i have a portable washing machine and simple internal shower running of 12 volt. the LPG gas i refil at the fuel pumps, i got costs down now so low, i retain 80% of my income earned online.

Really the whole lot boils down to having a warm bed at night, and having comfortable setup and crucial for me is boosting the wifi and using local wifi which works well enough.

i enjoy the feeling of freedom, and am self motivated.

The lifestyle will not appeal to most people. I think vandwellers who do this for some length had some level of difficulty being in residential housing, could be relationships/ finances/ etc.

I have had "the knock" a few times, but really does not bother me anymore. Off grid living is really natural, as solar, getting water from taps and gas tank last 2 months on a single fill, which handles cooking, heating water.

For very long term living i would recommend a coach conversion. that is the plan.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Unlocking Freedom for this post:
  • heron (10-05-2019)
Most of the coaches are junk. Practically guaranteed to leak sooner rather than later. Few (if any) of the individual parts are guaranteed by the company you buy it from.

"The heater doesn't work? Well, you'll have to contact the company that made it. We don't cover that."

Ditto the toilet, the water pump, the doors, the windows, the stove, the holding tanks, EVERYTHING.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to CatPerson for this post:
  • heron (10-05-2019)
There is a very serious lack of quality control in the RV world. It took a long time and a lot of research for me to get my last two. Like a house or anything you buy with lots of components, the more you have the more things that can go wrong. Lots of the components that make up RVs are the same although some are more quality built than others.

In the last ten years almost all the individual RV manufacturers sold out to just a couple of giants- Thor, Fleetwood, Forest River and I’m not sure that Forest River isn’t under Thor. Consumers watched quality go straight to hell on many brands within a few years.

RV sales have reached record highs until this year. They have started going way down again which is usually a reflection of our economy.

You certainly have to do your research. The newer Dynamax RVs are no where near the quality of my 2002 Dynamax.
monkeyfoot
as with any big purchases in life one has to be very careful and research where and how they want to spend their hard earned bucks Smile

banks make money even without people in debt. Just having a savings acct, they use your money to invest for themselves and make a crapload even if you ain't got debt but that old 'interest payment' on borrowed money sure is a nice buck in their wallets....omg...crazy about banks, don't get me started LOL

I didn't have the 'run around like a chicken with their heads cut off' life. My Dad made great money, Mom made sure we spent within our means, no big debt except for things they wanted like a new car whenever, but our life was all about being in no debt. Making was not all about spending, it was about saving for older age and how we wanted to live our lifestyle. They paid off the house early cause extra bucks were put there to make sure of that and all life in our home was financial smarts and tricks to make life a good one, not a big debt one......so.....many can work the system. Of course a lot is up to the cosmic for how life can play out for all of us.

It is just so personal how we journey thru our lives. In that no 2 will have the same experiences, financial matters can range so widely etc. Life throws us tons of curves.

I also agree that every piece of land on this planet is 'owned' and 'laws and rules' etc apply. ugh. True freedom is an illusion. best one can do is bob and weave thru it all Smile
3 Stinkin' Badges, YARC, Cat Ass Trophy, ROOIRIA Wannabe
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to RoamerRV428 for this post:
  • Cammalu (10-04-2019), heron (10-05-2019)
I hate debt & have never paid any debt till term or even close. Many RVs are high priced junk so I bought a low miles super well maintained ambulance. I did just get a thing frome Chase who'll give me $600 within 10 business days of opening an acct. I may need a nationwide bank so I'm planning on rereading it & doing it. People are like hamsters, go in the wheel 8-12 hours a day to buy things they've been sold on the idea they can't live without or to impress people they don't like anyway. Sheeple. I'm glad they're are people finally getting off the wheel & enjoying their life,  thinking for themselves & doing what they want, not what other people want them to do. It's like 2 crabs in a bucket. If 1 was in there it would get out no problem but put 2 in & neither will get out as the one will always pull the other down & so is life.
Let me recommend the best medicine in the world, a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant country, in easy stages. James Madison

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gr8ful for this post:
  • heron (10-05-2019)
Gr8fl. What’s that Chase thing? I need $600
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • Snikwahjm (10-04-2019)
Just google Chase $600 bonus & it will come up.
They offer $300 for opening a checking acct, $200 for savings or $600 for both.
Choose which offer is right for you. Some offers are up to $1000, Good luck!
Let me recommend the best medicine in the world, a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant country, in easy stages. James Madison

[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Gr8ful for this post:
  • heron (10-05-2019), Cammalu (10-05-2019), Snikwahjm (10-05-2019)
yea I make money off a bank.

My rewards credit card. Put everything on it, pay off constantly. They never get a dime from me and I get 2 rewards cards per year. I build up $250 in rewards money and cash in....I get $500 a year free from the bank every single year Smile Hey, works for me LOL One time I can laugh at the bank literally!
3 Stinkin' Badges, YARC, Cat Ass Trophy, ROOIRIA Wannabe
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to RoamerRV428 for this post:
  • Cammalu (10-05-2019)