Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jewellen update
She is trying to get back in after getting a new phone. Anyway she emailed me this:

things are not going well here at the housing authority. apparently the powers that be here either do not understand what a reasonable accomendation is or just don't give a damn.

friday i will go to the library and print out the hud guidelines. then i will highlight what the housing authority needs to understand and do.

i will also document the 5 attempts i've made since july trying to get a very simple reasonable accomendation including the letter from my dr.s office asking for this for me that clearly states due to current & ongoing health issues if i'm NOT granted this i may hurt on injure myself. so far every request i've made has been denied.

i'm too damn sick, too short on time and money to be dealing with this crap..

it's ok with me if you want to post a update on this to let others here know what is going on. i'm too upset most of the time to make good sense.
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • Texjbird (09-26-2019)
WELL I'M HERE JUST NOT ON MY NEW "SMARTER THAN ME PHONE".

I DON'T LOGOUT CUZ I FORGET MY PASSWORD. SO UNTIL IT'S ABSOLUTELY NECCESSARY I WILL NOT LOGIN WITH THE NEW PHONE.

JEWELLANN

P.S. THANKS CAMMALU
I WAS NOT BUILT TO BREAK  

MY  Heart  IS GOOD....BUT OH THIS MOUTH
Thanks for the update as I'd been thinking of you and you're in my prayers too (if that's okay with you).
Also, as a person with disabilities, don't you have access to home care services?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Xanthorhizas for this post:
  • Texjbird (09-27-2019)
We're with you, Jewellann. Can't remember, someone probably asked you about the possibility of free lawyer for a disabled person, especially re: this kind of accommodation. Also, the housing authority? I worked with a family who went over the head of the landlord to whatever the agency was. HUD? Sorry, long time back. But you're kinda looking at an emergency. <3
One gloriously stinkin' badge.
ROOIRIA
FULL MONTY!!!!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to heron for this post:
  • Texjbird (09-27-2019)
Sorry it’s all still so hard, Jewellann, compassion seems to be in short supply these days.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Queen for this post:
  • Texjbird (09-27-2019)
I HAVE MET WITH A CASE MANAGER AND A COUNSELOR IN THE OFFICE OF A LOCAL AGENCY.  

WE HAVE A APPT. HERE IN MY APT. ON OCT.2nd.  THE MAIN THING THEY WILL ABLE TO DO FOR ME IS TO ADD ANOTHER HEALTHCARE PROVIDER AGENCY THAT CAN REQUST A REASONABLE ACCOMENDDATION FOR ME.  WHAT GOOD IT WILL DO I HAVEN'T A CLUE.

THE AL DISABILITIES ADVOCACY PROGRAM WAS A JOKE TO ME.  I DID A PHONE INTAKE.  WAS ASSIGNED A COUNSELOR.  SHE KICKED ME UP TO A STAFF LAWYER WHO AFTER PLAYING CAT AND MOUSE WITH ME FOR DAYS SAID THERE WAS NOTHING THEY COULD DO FOR ME.

THIS WEEK I RECIEVED A LETTER AND SOME FORMS TO FILL OUT.  ONE IS A SURVEY ASKING ABOUT THE "HELP" I RECIEVED FROM ADAP.  ANOTHER IS HOW TO MAKE A COMPLAINT RE: THEIR SERVICES.  FILLING THOSE OUT WILL TAKE ABOUT 30min. I WASTED DAYS WITH THEM HOPING TO GET HELP.

THE AL LEGAL SERVICES HAS ASSIGNED A LAWYER TO ME.    SO FAR WE'VE SPOKEN ABOUT 10min.  THAT'S 5min PER CONVERSATION ON TWO DAYS.

TODAY I FILED A REQUEST FOR LEGAL ASSISTENCE FROM THE ALABAMA FAIR HOUSING CENTER.  I REPORTED AGAINST THE ENTERPRISE HOUSING AUTHORITY STATING THAT I WAS DISABLED AND THAT SINCE JULY OF THIS YEAR I HAD MADE 4 VERBAL REQUESTS AND HAD PROVIDED THE HA ADMINISISTATOR A WRITTEN REQUEST FROM MY DOCTOR ASKING A SIMPLE ACCOMMENADATION OF MORE TIME TO MEET THEIR REQUIREMENTS AND I HAVE BEEN BOTH IGNORED AND DENIED THESE REQUESTS.

I STAYED HOME TODAY HOPING SOMEONE WOULD RETURN A CALL.   NO LUCK CHUCK!!!

DURING THIS PAST YEAR I HAVE BEEN ASSISTING SOME OTHER TENANTS HERE BY TELLING THEM HOW TO REQUEST CERTAIN THINGS THEY NEED FROM THE HOUSING AUTHORITY.  THINGS LIKE HOW TO GET A MAILBOX ON THE WALL BY THEIR FRONT DOORS BECAUSE THEY ALL USE WALKERS AND ARE SUBJECT TO FALLING.

PREVIOUSLY FOR MY MOM I WENT TO THE POST OFFICE AND FOUND OUT THE REQUIREMENTS, THEN HAD OUR DR. FILL OUT THE FORM.  THE OFFICE WAS VERY UPSET WITH ME.  IT SEEMS THAT BECAUSE THE MAIL BOXES ARE OWNED BY THEM THEY THOUGHT THEY SHOULD CONTROL WHO GETS MAIL DELIVERED TO THEIR DOOR.  THEY ARE WRONG.  THE POST OFFICE WAS A LITTLE SLOW WITH THE PAPERWORK ON MY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBORS.  I FINALLY AFTER 2 TRIPS TO THE POST OFFICE AND SEVERAL CALLS ASKED FOR THE US POSTAL SERVICES FEDERAL OFFICE TELEPHONE NUMBER, I ASKED IS IT IN WASHINGTON DC?  TWO DAYS LATER SOMEONE VERY QUIETLY WITHOUT SAYING A WORD TO ANYONE INSTALLED A MAILBOX AT HER FRONT DOOR.  THERE'S ONE MORE NEIGHBOR THAT NEEDS A BOX AT HER DOOR.  SHE HAS A HOME VISIT WITH A CASE MANAGER SOON WHO WILL BECOME HER ADVOCATE.

SOME OF MY NEIGHBORS IN THEIR 70s AND 80s ARE HAVING SOME MEMORY ISSUES.  THANKFULLY THEY NOW HAVE IN HOME CARE AND HELP ON A WEEKLY BASIS.

I HAVE HAD TO CONCENTRATE MORE ON WHATS GOING ON WITH MY HEALTH AND HOUSEHOLD ISSUES THESE RECENT MONTHS THAN I HAVE BEFORE.  I STILL CHECK ON MY NEIGHBORS.  JUST NOT AS OFTEN AS I USE TO.  I NOW KNOW THEY HAVE THE HELP THEY NEED.  HONESTLY THERE ARE SOME DAYS THAT I DON'T STEP OUTSIDE MY APT.  QUEENIE HAS A 12ft LEASH SO I CAN LET HER OUT AND WATCH HER FROM THE DOORWAY..

THIS HAS BEEN THE LONGEST DAY.  NOW I WONDER WHERE THE TIME WENT.

Q JUST CAME UP BESIDE ME AND CRAWLED UNDER THE COVERS.  I THINK SHE IS TRYING TO TELL ME SOMETHING.  I'M TIRED ENOUGH TO LISTEN TOO.

JEWELLANN AND QUEENIE
I WAS NOT BUILT TO BREAK  

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Texjbird for this post:
  • Gapper2 (09-27-2019)
HERON

I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHO THIS MONTY FELLER IS IN YOUR SIGNATURE?

ALSO IS IT B-B-Q OR BS THAT HE'S FULL OF? 

CONSIDERING WHERE I'M FROM I'VE KNOWN FOLKS  FULL OF BOTH   Angel

TJB
[/quote]
I WAS NOT BUILT TO BREAK  

(09-26-2019, 10:43 PM)Texjbird Wrote: HERON

TJB
Well, we do have to consider the source, so there's that.

On the other hand, consider the meaning found in the movie of the same name. Visualize Popeye, wearing nothing but a strategically placed spinach leaf and a sailor's hat!
One gloriously stinkin' badge.
ROOIRIA
FULL MONTY!!!!
wow that is very hard to deal with the red tape and all the BS. I hope you can get more settled and things resolved and find some time for yourself to relax and revitalize yourself Smile
3 Stinkin' Badges, YARC, Cat Ass Trophy, ROOIRIA Wannabe
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to RoamerRV428 for this post:
  • Texjbird (09-27-2019)
(09-26-2019, 11:00 PM)heron Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 10:43 PM)Texjbird Wrote: HERON

TJB
Well, we do have to consider the source, so there's that.

On the other hand, consider the meaning found in the movie of the same name. Visualize Popeye, wearing nothing but a strategically placed spinach leaf and a sailor's hat!

WEEEEEEELL IF HE'S STILL GOT THEM BEEFY ARM MUSKLES........IDK ABOUT THE SPINICH HAT
I'LL ASK QUEENIE WHAT SHE THINKS Wink
I WAS NOT BUILT TO BREAK