Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wichita Mntn NWR
Near Ft Sill (Lawton) OK
Rock climbing (note to self: NO rappelling when the cannon cockers are doing their thing - it wasn't pretty)
BYO water d/t e coli alert
$20/nite hookups, $10/nite tent site (reg price)

Tarantulas started creeping me out about a week into our stay & ticks just laffed @ flea/tick collars around my ankles
ROOIRIA #2
1 Stinkin' Badge
And the road leads ever onward
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to fantym1 for this post:
  • Texjbird (07-25-2019)
WHEN I WAS 8ys OLD WE MOVED TO THE VICKERY PARK AREA OF NORTH DALLS ON A DEAD END ROAD SURROUNDED BY PASTURES AND WOODS.  I'D NEVER SEEN A TARANTULA BEFORE.  THOSE THINGS COULD JUMP  Huh  WE WERE TOLD TO RUN AWAY FAST AND TELL MAMA AND PAPA.  THAT MUST HAVE WORKED CUZ WE WERE NEVER BITTEN.  THE FOLKS TOOK OUT QUITE A FEW OF THEM WITH A HOE.  SCORPIONS WERE BAD THERE TOO.

I LIKE THE WICHITA MOUNTAIN AREA.  WHILE LIVING IN SAND SPRINGS I HAD A 28ft T.T. PARKED ACROSS A ROAD TO THE RIVER.  BACK THEN I DROVE A EXCORT TRUCK FOR OVER-DIMENSIONAL LOADS.  WE'D OFTEN DRVE THRU THAT REGION.  MY BIRTH PARENTS WERE MARRIED IN LAWTON,  SO I'VE BEEN TOLD.  

HAVE YOU BEEN TO TURNER FALLS OK?

JEWELLANN
I WAS NOT BUILT TO BREAK  

MY  Heart  IS GOOD....BUT OH THIS MOUTH
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Texjbird for this post:
  • fantym1 (07-25-2019)
I was there in my youth but don't remember much about it. One of my best friends was from Oklahoma and is now buried there. We made a lot of trips back and forth from Plano (just north of Dallas).
Brian

2000 Roadtrek 200 Versatile "The Beast" (it has been tamed hopefully)  I feed it and it doesn't bite me.   Angel
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to B and C for this post:
  • fantym1 (07-25-2019)
Texjbird: Turner Falls, near Ardmore ? Used to go by there, when I was OTR. If I remember still, there was a fried pie place nearby. Oh, they were good!! Someday ...on my list of places to spend a lil time.

B and C: sorry about ur friend; have attended a few of those svc myself these past couple yrs.
ROOIRIA #2
1 Stinkin' Badge
And the road leads ever onward
That was a strange one. I attended his mother's funeral one week and his the next. Had a heart attack at 51. We went to school together from the second grade on. I'm now 70 and I expect to lose more and more. Death is just a fact of life, nobody gets out alive.
Brian

2000 Roadtrek 200 Versatile "The Beast" (it has been tamed hopefully)  I feed it and it doesn't bite me.   Angel
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to B and C for this post:
  • fantym1 (07-26-2019)