Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the oddest thing you travel with?
Since mom passed a few items were passed onto me. I’ve tried to explain that I have no room, but sometimes people just don’t listen. So..... I am now traveling with the dress I wore to my adoption over 58 years ago. I also have the two dresses I owned that came with me after the adoption. At the age of six months apparently I traveled light and only had three dresses. LOL. I was meant to be a minimalist and dweller!

But yeah, odd stuff to take with me everywhere. I also have a small collection of St. Christopher medals and a Buddha statue that travels with me.

So who else travels with something sentimental or odd that isn’t useful, but you take it with you anyhow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Blanch for this post:
  • American Nomad Patriot (06-30-2019), certs17 (07-04-2019)
Small collection of St Christopher medals.... How cool is that!
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to S Cello for this post:
  • Blanch (06-30-2019), American Nomad Patriot (06-30-2019), Texjbird (07-01-2019)
(06-30-2019, 01:40 PM)S Cello Wrote: Small collection of St Christopher medals.... How cool is that!

My boy’s dad collected them. It’s my way of bringing him with me. They hang on the rear view mirror.

And you travel with a very odd thing, a seven foot tall dog!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Blanch for this post:
  • American Nomad Patriot (06-30-2019)
I think the oldest/oddest things we travel with is each other.. Angel
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated 
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • American Nomad Patriot (06-30-2019), Blanch (06-30-2019)
It looks like I'll be traveling with a prayer plant. My friend gave it to me on the day I was baptized, July 4, 2014... and it has been thriving in my living room ever since. Not so sure it will thrive while traveling, but I'll give it a try. If it objects, I'll have to find a new home for it. It is the only other living thing in my apartment and I can't leave it unwatered while I'm away for a month.

FYI - I'm leaving for a month on my first long trip in the new van, then coming back here to work on emptying the apartment more for the following six weeks... then plan to be full time as a nomad.
Peace...
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to travelaround for this post:
  • American Nomad Patriot (06-30-2019), rvpopeye (06-30-2019), Snikwahjm (06-30-2019), Blanch (06-30-2019), Texjbird (07-01-2019)
I carry a few oddities starting with a manipulative, neurotic dog.

I have the teddy bear that I clung to leaving the orphanage. It wasn't mine but I guess I wasn't leaving without it. lol

I have a handful of Redwing's gear including a 30 inch stained glass replica of the winged wheel that is their symbol. It has over 100 pieces of glass and is the one and only piece that I made.

I have a small ceramic alligator that I made in 5th grade.

I have a chicken catcher.

The most unique tool for being on the road is a drill press.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to justjim for this post:
  • American Nomad Patriot (06-30-2019), Blanch (06-30-2019), Texjbird (07-01-2019)
I travel with my grandfather's (he's gone) 24k gold plated trumpet he played in the Navy band and most of his younger years. It's custom engraved with pearl buttons. No I have no idea or the want to play it. Oddly...oh...I now carry my mothers overly obese male neutered cat that is 30 #'s min. and spoiled from her to point that I still can't grasp. The other cat is mine ...it's retarded. Seriously puckin' nutjob. I carry a rock that I picked up out of the bottom of the creek bed under the bridge when I was at the Bundy Ranch Standoff in Bunkerville, NV 2014.
#NomadLivesMatter  
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to American Nomad Patriot for this post:
  • Blanch (06-30-2019), travelaround (07-01-2019), Texjbird (07-01-2019)
In 2001 the previous family who owned my Van, had left a carved Christ the redeemer statue, like the one overlooking Rio de Janiero in Brasil, out of some type of really nice hardwood, in the van when they sold it to me.

I almost made it into a Dipole Tv antenna, but figured that might piss some people off. I kept as I was intending at one point to drive the Panamerican highway to Panama, plant it nice and visible on the dash, but then people said the Virgin Mary would be better for that.

Don't care/ know much about religion personally, but will respect others' views.
The Statue is still in the van somewhere.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to sternwake for this post:
  • Blanch (06-30-2019), travelaround (07-01-2019)
nothing much.
when on the road full time most I will have is some art work from my kid.
I just don't do stuff. Don't have connections to things at all. So most unusual is the hubby I think but I am kinda connected to him Smile I have yet to watch to trash him so far
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to RoamerRV428 for this post:
  • Blanch (06-30-2019), travelaround (07-01-2019), Texjbird (07-01-2019)
my weirdest thing is this badge I have says YARC.
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Snikwahjm for this post:
  • Blanch (06-30-2019), travelaround (07-01-2019), GotSmart (07-01-2019), Cammalu (07-01-2019)