Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 minute utube of an interesting BMS system
Guy's name is Steve, he has an interesting setup for charging the battery on his truck.
Battery Management System with Bluetooth to cell. It's all about the details....

Restores my faith in humanity, and that's the truth.  Cool
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Matlock for this post:
  • Roadtripp (05-26-2019)
love tinkerers like this guy and i believe he said"theres my electric truck" so maybe he converted it? sure looks like he fiddles with electricity a lot
Yep, does like him some Lectric and in an outdoor lean-to with no need of a wire containment device..... anywhere.
Thanks for the link. I’ve chatted by email with Steve Clunn at Greenshed Conversions. I’ve looked at his website but not his Utube videos. Great guy and yes he does electric conversions on vehicles and solar in Florida. I met him through a guy I know in West Palm Beach who converts old Porsche cars to electric. 
 Learning bms systems is taking a while. Steve gave me a couple pointers but I’m still stuck on a few issues. Now I’ve moved back to the West Coast hopefully I’ll have more time to figure it out. Yes, Steve is a true Tinkerer. I’m more of a dabbler wanna be tinkerer. 
 Currently I’m looking for a “smart” or “intelligent” or “active” bms for two 48 volt Nissan Leaf Generation 2 battery packs. I think they are 14S2P but I might reconfigure them so they are one pack. I think that would be 14S4P?  My brain is tired right now. Help, need brain food!! And a brain management system. 
  https://greenshedconversions.com/
I will add that Steve is pioneering with those bms cards he shows in the video. They are inexpensive but come with no paperwork or instructions. Zippo!