Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JUST “WOW!”
In the last 24 hours it has been an extremely pleasant time. 

Right now I am looking out my window at many different birds (and a couple squirrels) in the yard. Last night we had a lot of raccoons including at least one extremely pregnant one at the feeding station. 

Yesterday I went to The Rosine Barn with Snick and The Herons. We had some tolerable ribs and listened to some extremely enjoyable Bluegrass music by The Rosine Diners Club. Four guys that have been writing and performing for years. Camilla needed a break and enjoyed a quiet evening. 

We had a new Nova Kool Danfoss refrigerator installed. What a difference!
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated 
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • Blanch (05-04-2019), Queen (05-04-2019), Texjbird (05-05-2019), Everyroadleadshome (05-07-2019), heron (05-15-2019)
Be glad your on the road as I had racoons do thousands of $$ in damage in my shop. Tore the 1 ISO bourd off the walls & ceilings, the FG batts out of the walls. I have ALS so can't do the work anymore. I cut the lumber , 18,750 bd ft of Hemlock in the U.P. in a week minus 1 rain day & built a 64'x84' hanger with a 13' ceiling & have had them before but never to this extent.
Let me recommend the best medicine in the world, a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant country, in easy stages. James Madison

tolerable ribs? In the friggin' South? gosh almighty that is a crime, someone call the police! Smile We are in the south and ribs we take super seriously here LOL

glad everyone is enjoying their days!

that is what we all need, more fun, more chillax time, less stress and more freedom and do whatever the heck we want when we want Smile more power to ya!!!

happy you are thrilled with your new refrig purchase! many many good years with that to come I hope!!
Glad you got out of the house for awhile. I don't much care to have racoons around.

You got some "tolerable" food and good evening out with friends. Good for you guys.
Brian

2000 Roadtrek 200 Versatile "The Beast" (it has been tamed hopefully)  I feed it and it doesn't bite me.   Angel
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to B and C for this post:
  • heron (05-19-2019)
I went and asked about the ribs.  It was prom night and the majority of the help was gone. The cook had to “rush” the ribs by wrapping them in foil.  Sad  

Hickory smoked but not quite up to perfection 

The raccoons don’t cause any problems.
Big Grin 
^^^^^ Oh...…... You should have tried some of Jim's Solar Cooked Ribs this year at YARC camp...….They were DELICIOUS !

………...and the raccoons......just wait 'til you run out of marshmallows !!!!!!!!

Don't WORK too hard...…..doug
PAULETTE and "Two Cats and THE DOUG"

Whereabouts unknown...……...
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Abnorm for this post:
  • heron (05-19-2019)
(05-04-2019, 11:02 AM)Abnorm Wrote: ^^^^^ Oh...…... You should have tried some of Jim's Solar Cooked Ribs this year at YARC camp...….They were DELICIOUS !

………...and the raccoons......just wait 'til you run out of marshmallows !!!!!!!!

Don't WORK too hard...…..doug

The raccoons are fine with anything. 

I tried to get some solar cooked ribs.  Dodgy  For some reason that didn’t work.
The food WAS good. The music was a lot better on the porch than the stage. We shut them down.

Forgot to mention Tigger needed to see the vet.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Snikwahjm for this post:
  • heron (05-19-2019)
Hey, I just cook the ribs. Doling them out isn't my department. I will say this, it might be a good idea to hang around at dinner time. The feeding frenzy reminded me of piranhas on the Amazon, crocs on the Nile or a swarm of locust on the plains. In moments there was nothing but a pile of bare bone left...literally bare bones.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to justjim for this post:
  • heron (05-19-2019)
And that is when I showed up. The only thing left was a bowl of bones. 

Boiled hotdogs and canned beans for dinner.  Sad