Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saga of the new AT&T Mobley
As soon as I saw they were available again (about 4 weeks ago), I quickly got on the phone to order a second one.     I want one for the backup.   I went 3 weeks last summer while my current one was in service.    Ok...so.....

First thing I was told on the phone (yes, I called the special number for this special offer only) was that I had to go to a ATT corporate store with 2 forms of ID.     Ok, I figured this person is an idiot..hung up and called again.

So, in the process of trying to set this ...  I was informed that I could not have 2 identical devices/service plans on just one account.   Ok...so, set up a second account.   After nearly an hour on the phone the agent tells me that they are having computer problems, I should call back later.    
I tried a couple more times that same day...but systems were still down.

Next day, nothing I went through the previous day was saved.  So, went through the whole thing again.
This agent insisted that I could not have two accounts.   Ok..but the account I already have does not have my current address, it must be updated first.   Nope...if the address is updated, then there is a 30 freeze on the account...this prevents fraud.   Ok...so I need a second new account.   Told I could not...hung up and called again

Anytime I hit a wall with an agent, I just hang up.  Call again, get a different agent and get a different set of rules.   Geez att is fun.

Next agent had no issue with setting up the new account.   BUT...when they ran the credit check on me (signing up for the free device with a 2 year plan) the freeze was hit.   Oh..damn...forgot I froze my credit 2 (3?) years ago after that Transunion hack.     Ok...called each credit bureau and did a temp unfreeze.    

Next day I called ATT back again.  Of course they didn’t save any of the info on me from the previous 2 days.   Once again told I had to go to a corporate store.  Hung up and called again.    After going through everything all over again...and 3 hours later...finally have the account set up!!! Yeah.    The device was shipping to my new address in Colorado.   No problem, I have a friend that will grab it for me.  (I was in California- Arizona)

Device shipped.   Device arrived.   I tried to logon to the new account to see what the first month charges are.....no account!!!    Huh?   Called ATT.   After the usual run around and 2 calls I finally talked with someone who seemed to know what they are talking about.    Seems that the account and phone number attached to the device are not active till the device is activated.  If it isn’t active within 2 weeks it becomes automatically activated.     Ok...got my friend to read me the SIM number, and plug it in.

Called ATT back.   Yep...bad SIM number.   Agent tells me to take the old one to the Corp store....no, not going to happen.   Friend is not driving to Denver or Salt Lake for this.   They have to send me a new one.    Now, I am told that shipping the new sim HAS to happen as part of an active account,    The new account isn’t active because you have to first activate the device (around and around in circles).    I do not have a cell service phone/account with ATT...but, I have the older ZTE account with them.....Ok.ship it to me on my old account...BUT, do not use that address because it was not updated.    Wait a week...no SIM.   Called ATT.   

I was told on Thursday.....because the account wasn’t activated within 2 weeks...the phone number was released, and account cancelled!      

I have been burning my way through starters....just didn’t have time to fight with them right then.   So..today I will call them back

1989 Honeywell motorhome
Ford E350 chassis.  460 engine
Copy Paste this post and send it to corporate....?
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

I bought a second one off ebay. It doesn't have an account. I figure if my first one dies, I'll just swap the sim over to it.
Brian

2000 Roadtrek 200 Versatile "The Beast" (it has been tamed hopefully)  I feed it and it doesn't bite me.   Angel
I hate dealing with ATT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
monkeyfoot
I never had a problem. I took my original that I bought off ebay to the store (original offering). Fixed me right up. Now I got a spare!
Brian

2000 Roadtrek 200 Versatile "The Beast" (it has been tamed hopefully)  I feed it and it doesn't bite me.   Angel
Roaming,

I have no idea how you even had the patience to keep calling AT&T just to go over and over what you stated the first time. Wow, you're a better person than me as I would have demanded to speak to the manager or supervisor and would have complained about the companies incompetence. I had to do that with bank of america because the idiots didn't send me out my cheques in the mail when i had opened up the account. And as a sorry for my inconvenience they wavered the $18 shipping fee and wrote me an apology via email.
People that are loving and affectionate are like delicate flowers, if you don't show them love in return and nurture them daily, they will build up a wall between you and eventually you will lose their love and trust.

Insisting on taking to a manager will usually get you put on a permanent hold. Last thing they want is for their manager to know they couldn’t handle a call.....so. I waited once...and waited and waited. It was a long time. I had the phone on speaker and went about my work..no one ever picked up that line.

Well, called ATT back yesterday afternoon. I was on hold for 30 minutes..due to high call volume? No due to low agents on duty.

Went through the whole thing. Explained everything about two accounts and two devices. Agent said that because the account was cancelled there was no access to any of my data. So I asked if I just got a free ZTE? That backed him up!

After being on hold for a very long time, he came back and said that he could activate the account right away. BUT..wait...I do not have the SIM. So, I explained the whole business with the sim not matching the install info on the box. (A well known problem). And the new sim they shipped never arrived. Turns out the last dumkauf that ordered the new sim didn’t bother to listen to me when I said DO NOT SEND IT TO MY OLD ADDRESS. I have no forwarding from the old mail service. (Which is a completely different story).

After finally getting to the bottom of this ... new SIM will ship tomorrow. This whole process took 3 hours yesterday. Told him to be sure that they Send me an email with the tracking info. I have the order number, I have the new device phone number. So now I wait again.

Tomorrow I will call the old mail service and ask them how they handle a fedex that is for an EX customer.

1989 Honeywell motorhome
Lordy I hate dealing with ATT. Pretty much that’s been my same experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
monkeyfoot
I believe the complication is that I already have an account tied to the older ZTE that is still active.

They do not seem to train their people well. Even though this was the special number for these special offers, it seems that many of their phone agents have no clue about this device or anything having to do with this offer. I guess that means they are no being over run with demand for them

1989 Honeywell motorhome
Pathetic but unfortunately typical.
I'll be happy to train those CSRs for them ........
For lifetime unlimited free service !

After all , I Yam The Pie Ratt.
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)