Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emptying your black & grey tanks...
Been thinking about this mostly because of the LTVA restrictions on having black and grey water tanks or you have to park a maximum distance from the toilets and in some cases they just don't allow camping without them.  Moving your vehicle to the dump station can be a pain in the nether regions as well.  I've seen those portable black tank carts but they don't look very sturdy for off road use.  I'm thinking a much more sturdy trailer you can pull with an ATV or bike that has a tank on it for transferring the contents of your camper tanks to the dump station.  How do you deal with this if you do the black and grey water tanks instead of a composting or other type of tankless system? The cad system might get a workout designing a "honey wagon" for bikes, trikes and ATV's.
  [Image: 414097000.jpg]
I have a 25 gallon blue boy that can be loaded into the back of the truck or pulled by the hitch. I bag the toilet when boondocking because of the water it uses so all I have is grey. For that I have a 12 volt pump that pumps it up to the blue boy in the truck which then uses a sewer hose for dumping. Honestly I have never been in one place so long that I have needed it. I could not use it as a honey wagon because 25 gallons is too small for most peoples tanks. Mine are 27 gallons each and I would dump them once they hit 2/3's full.
I can go a month to six weeks between black tank dumps. I don’t mind moving it to dump my black tank.

My gray tanks can be emptied by bucket and distributed into the forest/desert if allowed. I can also do outdoor showers and do dishes in a tub outside. I make it work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Blanch for this post:
  • Motrukdriver (11-24-2018)
Yeah, that would be the reason to assemble a larger tank and trailer than what those blue ones hold.  I was thinking more in line with the LTVA requirements.  Boondocking not in an LTVA is a whole different thing since you can only be there between 1 to 2 weeks and you have to move which gives you the opportunity to have a fresh start in your next camp.  If one wants to stay at the LTVA for a month or two then emptying the tanks would be a necessity.  I checked out some fat tire electric trikes and was picturing a trailer behind it with a good size tank to move your waste to the dump station.  Empty your holding tanks then motor up to the dump station and empty it there instead of having to break camp when they get full to go dump them. If I got back into this lifestyle my mode of living would be a travel trailer pulled with a pickup so once I set up the trailer I really don't want to move it unless I get completely bored out of my gourd or when the season changes and it's time to start getting high in elevation.  I'm thinking something like this https://www.mountaintrikeusa.com/wp-cont...-Trike.JPG with a tank/trailer.  At 61 coming up on 62 my two wheeler days are coming to an end.  Funny how life makes those sharp curves in the road ahead.  You either hang on and go with it or you end up in a whole different direction.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Motrukdriver for this post:
  • Blanch (11-23-2018)
i'm thinking playing with poo once is enough for me,after a couple weeks your rig needs starting up anyways
(11-23-2018, 10:19 PM)Gary Wrote: i'm thinking playing with poo once is enough for me,after a couple weeks your rig needs starting up anyways

It's not really a problem.  I have a huge Cobra power auger just for sewer lines with 75 feet of cable and multiple cutters.  I've done my share of messing with sewage and you just take the proper precautions before starting the task.  Gloves, goggles, lab coat, clipboard and pen for inventory.. etc.  Starting the truck happens each time you need to go on a supply run but in this instance, or what my camping mode would be, the trailer would stay put chained up and one tire off of it.  If I was doing the 2 weeks at a time boondocking then yeah, stop at a dump station between moves.  Just pondering life at this point...
They make much larger blue boys than mine. Mine just happens to fit my needs as well as fit where I need it to like in my truck or on the tongue of the trailer. Know that they are not cheap and get more expensive the larger they get.

Like Blanch, I know how to extend my tanks. I do not have a outside shower, (thank God, huh) but I could do the same letting the tank drain into a bucket as I showered and then tossing it before it got rancid. That would pretty much take the tanks out of the equation. My limit seems to be 5 weeks so I doubt I'd use it except at a LTVA or a place like Coyote Howls.
I carried a big 25 gal one on the roof of my class A for those special occasions I might need it.
Never did use it in the 2 years I had it...................
stay tuned 
popeye

Weirdo Overlord : FMS Fleet Ops , Awards , Badges ,  aka Tamerlane the Impaler Mod.
Blanch has the best dump story. It earned her a badge. A real STINKING BADGE!   Big Grin
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • Blanch (11-24-2018)
That goes back a bit...
It might even have been the first one ??? It sure makes sense if it is..
Yup , yup ! She done earned THAT "Stinkin' Badge" fair-n-square ........

Lets do a search for all the posts with the words "Stinkin' Badge" Wink
stay tuned 
popeye

Weirdo Overlord : FMS Fleet Ops , Awards , Badges ,  aka Tamerlane the Impaler Mod.