Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Mom passed away today
My Mom has been very sick for several months.  Yesterday my sister and I together could not get her up and hold her while taking two steps from her recliner. 

911 was called and there were 5 paramedics/firemen in her living room at one time.  She answered every question the paramedics asked very clearly.  With no hesitation she told them it was 1918 and George Bush was the president. 
 Knowing her she could have been just messin' with them.  

This is the person my sense of humor comes from.  Also my independent attitude.  She never whined and never backed down from whatever life flung at her.  Even cancer didn't win the fight with her.

She quietly passed away in the hospital this morning with my sister holding her hand.

We just came home from her apt. where Queenie was looking for her.  
Her recliner sat empty so Q and I rocked in it for a while.

I can handle the death of a close loved one.  It's the greed and drama that sometimes follows that will do me in. 
 I don't think it will be a issue now.

My papa always said " When I die just roll me into a ditch and throw Four Roses in with me". 
 He passed away when I was 16.
 I was 40 years old before I learned that Four Roses was a whiskey.

Jewellann
" I STARTED OUT WITH NOTHIN "  BY SEASICK STEVE
               AND I STILL HAVE MOST OF IT LEFT        

MY  Heart  IS GOOD....BUT OH THIS MOUTH
Jewellann ,

My condolences to you and your family. I know how much your hurting right now. Just know that your mother is in a better place with no more pain.
Look after yourself and take care.

Anna
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Anna for this post:
  • Texjbird (06-23-2018)
I'm glad you had her, and that she passed on that attitude. It's a good one. Take care
One gloriously stinkin' badge.
ROOIRIA
FULL MONTY!!!!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to heron for this post:
  • Texjbird (06-23-2018)
Hi Jewellann, I'm so sorry for your loss. Sounds like she was a tough and funny woman, two excellent qualities she seemed to have passed on to you. I'm glad she got to live at home right up until the very end, with her daughter's nearby, you can't ask for much more than that.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Everyroadleadshome for this post:
  • Texjbird (06-23-2018)
I love the four roses story; thank you. We all go. Some on their knees, others with style and flair. Seems she left in style dropping the mic! It is always hard with the passing of a parent. My surviving one is 94 in July. She is consistently doing the Sandford and Sons routine. Because she is a stylistic person as well.

Positive thoughts to you at this difficult time.
Beast Master,JunkyMonkey,Drinks with Wolves,Fup'd Duck,Sheriff Ricochet Cockroach 4B's 1 cluster,3 TFMS Tempory Weirdo Overlord replacement 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Scott7022 for this post:
  • Texjbird (06-23-2018)
It is always hard even when it is expected it is unexpected right then. Sad to hear. Take some time before you make any decisions cause you might be a little more off than usual for a while... ask me how I know... If she was in hospice you can take advantage of their grief counseling if you want.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Snikwahjm for this post:
  • Texjbird (06-23-2018)
Oh Jewellann that really sucks.
I'm grateful to her for bringing you up "Ain't Right" !!
Your dad sounds like he was a cool dude,
They're probably together now watching over you.
Tell Q I'm sorry she misses grandma and give her a treat for me...
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • Texjbird (06-23-2018)
Thank You everyone for your thoughts and kind words.  I really appreciate it.

Well I was wrong about the drama.   My phone is turned off for now and I'll just check for messages off and on for a few days.

I'm not too surprised to tell the truth.  I didn't even know my Mom was my Mom until I was 14 yrs old.  When I was 3wks old I was given to my Grandparents.  The only reason I came to AL 8ys ago was to try and mend broken fences with my family members that live here.  I only intended to be here a year or two.

As if the death of my Mom wasn't enough bad news  for one day. I was informed around 10pm on Friday that my 8yr old Grand Daughter who is disabled also has stage 2 leukemia.  She already travels from KY to Cincinatti OH for treatment and I think Heavenly will soon start chemo up there.

I'm in the same shape as I've been for months now. No better and no worse. It's my family members who aren't doing well.

It seems to me that many of us here have had to deal with parents deaths in recent months.  My Mom is the 6th death of a Elder of my family or a close circle of friends that includes 3 of my parents, my husband, and my oldest female friend, & my best friends Mom just 2 ys ago.

I am now the eldest of my Moms bloodline.  To misquote Captain Murtaugh in Lethal Weapon  " I'm Too Young For This Shit ".

Jewellann
" I STARTED OUT WITH NOTHIN "  BY SEASICK STEVE
               AND I STILL HAVE MOST OF IT LEFT        

MY  Heart  IS GOOD....BUT OH THIS MOUTH
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Texjbird for this post:
  • heron (06-23-2018), rvpopeye (06-23-2018), BradKW (06-29-2018)
Jewellann, I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad you got to spend time with her in the end.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to justjim for this post:
  • Texjbird (06-23-2018)
sorry for the lost and really hoping the granddaughter pulls through quick and easy
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Blacktank for this post:
  • Texjbird (06-23-2018)