Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Tripath amplifier
My $10 Lepai LP-808 just died after 5 years of service.

So I just upgraded to a Kinter K2020A+ Limited Edition Original Tripath TA2020-020 Class-T Hi-Fi Audio Mini Amplifier with 12V 5A Power Supply Black for about $32.

[Image: 51zQLvOlDnL._SL1000_.jpg]
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077Z7DBRT

My speakers are MTX TS82 8" full-range 2-way truck boxes
bought from a yard sale for $10. I have the amp mounted to the back of one of the boxes. My boxes also came with HD carry straps mounted on the sides opposite the speaker wire inputs for ease in carrying from my condo to my van.

[Image: x236ts82-f_dg.jpeg]
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-wxiAOa8gHD...-TS82.html

My audio files are contained on a win 7 Acer 10" netbook with a full 250 gig hard drive with DFX audio enhancement software that I carry in an HD nylon bag that the feds provided to enumerators for the 2010 national census.

I almost pulled the string on an amp like that a while back but I got to thinking.... I have an old boom box from decades ago that has a pretty decent sound to it and since it can operate off of batteries.... So, one of the bench projects I have in the works is to yank the amp out of the boom box and put it in a separate box so I can use it in the trailer with switches and inputs for going between the stereo (probably a pawn shop purchase) and the projector that's connected to the tablet for video entertainment.
  [Image: 414097000.jpg]
(06-15-2018, 08:42 AM)Motrukdriver Wrote: I almost pulled the string on an amp like that a while back but I got to thinking....   I have an old boom box from decades ago that has a pretty decent sound to it and since it can operate off of batteries....  So, one of the bench projects I have in the works is to yank the amp out of the boom box and put it in a separate box so I can use it in the trailer with switches and inputs for going between the stereo (probably a pawn shop purchase) and the projector that's connected to the tablet for video entertainment.

In Missouri the world stops for hunting season and yard sales I found a Fantastic Fan insert for $3 once.   Tomorrow there must be a bunch in your area. 

PARTS!
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated
I gotta deliver a refrigerator tomorrow. That trailer we bought came with an old GE dorm fridge and I sold it for $35. I tested it before offering it up for sale and it works great.
  [Image: 414097000.jpg]
Let us know how many garage sales you pass.

I saw 9 different signs in 10 miles this evening.  Sad
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated