Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun with back pain
Been dealing, on and off, with back issues for a while. I guess my firefighting and rugby years had a cost. I swim and stretch and do what I can, but am relying more and more on props.

I mainly keep things in check by reading and utilizing the info in Dr. John Sarnos book "Healing Back Pain", but over time the bulging and ruptured disks have caused to do the endless search for a comfy bed... DONE, yay for bed-in-a-box!  And a comfy chair... DONE, yay for ekornes stressless chairs. But this doesn't address travel, so I've been looking for a comfy folding chair and think I might have found one:
https://www.amazon.com/Timber-Ridge-Camp...B0786DNHSQ

Fingers crossed this does the trick. Anyone else have luck in finding ways to ease the seemingly endless discomfort?  

(Man I miss my youth)  Tongue
I use one of those zero gravity chairs and a nice camp chair. That way I have two choices for when I am in pain. The zero gravity chair is wonderful for outdoor naps.

AmazonBasics Zero Gravity Chair - Beige https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0716DKHS1/ref...7AbZTBY214

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I looked at one of those and may give one a try, think I'd have to get a bigger one though, the ones I tried at Camping World seemed to be made for short people.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Queen for this post:
  • Blanch (05-05-2018)
(05-05-2018, 06:45 AM)Queen Wrote: I looked at one of those and may give one a try, think I'd have to get a bigger one though, the ones I tried at Camping World seemed to be made for short people.

I got a very heavy duty model with a 300lb capacity from Cabelas. I’ve had them for 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Blanch for this post:
  • Queen (05-05-2018)
Thanks, I'll look for them next time I passed a Cabela's.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Queen for this post:
  • Blanch (05-05-2018)
I once had a book on back pain that focused on body mechanics. It had lots of pictures of people who lived in African countries with nice,straight, tall, posture. It was a fascinating book.

In my van, I’m more like Quasimodo, lol.
One Stinkin Badge!
After I foolishly decided I could move the entire apartment home from Florida, with only my teeny tiny wife to help out, I'm definitely a bit bent these days. Comfort has moved up pretty far on the list of wants.
i'm going to get an inversion table and see if that will help with the arms and legs going numb
My brothers best buddy got one, he says it's working great for him. Hope you get the same results!
(05-05-2018, 05:45 AM)Queen Wrote: Anyone else have luck in finding ways to ease the seemingly endless discomfort? 

You didn't say anything about Chiropractic adjustments, so I don't know if you've tried them or not.  I can only say that I've had very good luck with them myself.

Of course "back pain" can have many different causes, so there is no universal cure for it . . .

One thing my Chiropractor has occasionally used on me is an electrical stimulator.  I see there are now fairly inexpensive consumer models of them, called TENS units.  I've been thinking about trying one.
Regards

John

I don't like to make advance plans.  It causes the word PREMEDITATED get thrown around in the courtroom!
I'm NOT crazy!  My mother had me tested! Cool