Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to move on
Dad was on a B24 in the Army Air Corp. he was a flight engineer. He used to tell stories about taking planes to the bone yard in the desert to dispose of excess and old planes. Also gave men coming from the front flight time. He said one time one of the engines cut out so he yelled at the pilot to ready his parachute but the pilot deployed it in the cabin. Probably my favorite story. I can just picture that parachute all over the place and a nervous crew with an engine out. Dad was just 17 when he enlisted. Yes we had a military send off. Beautiful. I have his flag.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Snikwahjm for this post:
  • Cammalu (03-24-2018), rvpopeye (03-24-2018), Texjbird (03-25-2018)
(03-24-2018, 01:23 PM)Snikwahjm Wrote: Dad was on a B24 in the Army Air Corp. he was a flight engineer. He used to tell stories about taking planes to the bone yard in the desert to dispose of excess and old planes. Also gave men coming from the front flight time.  He said one time one of the engines cut out so he yelled at the pilot to ready his parachute but the pilot deployed it in the cabin.  Probably my favorite story. I can just picture that parachute all over the place and a nervous crew with an engine out. Dad was just 17 when he enlisted. Yes we had a military send off. Beautiful. I have his flag.
I have my grandfathers flag as well in a shadow box.
I just read this. So sorry, Snik.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Heidi Mull for this post:
  • Snikwahjm (04-04-2018)