Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the evil flu
Hope your visit was just what the doctor ordered !
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC
13 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 5 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards!
1 of which is a limited edition Turkey Poop Spreader (What a "Stinkin' " honor !) + ROOIRIA

Thought of you Today While surfing, senior weirdo overlord.

When surfing I use several different landmarks in order to position myself over the samepiece of surfbreak.

There is this one surfbreak I and I alone, call Invisibles, as it seems that when it is at its best, the other nearby breaks will be also very good, but incredibly crowded, but invisibles can have nobody, or just a very few wise surfers enjoying it with few other souls out. I've had days here by myself, when I was having flashbacks to the Supertubes section of Jeffrey's Bay, South Africa, one of the best right hand point breaks in the world. Days where Invisibles would be twice the wave as other nearby breaks that would have 40 guys out and 5 on each wave, boards and bodies and curses flying all over the joint.

Invisibles is hard surfbreak to position oneself in order to catch waves. Even when it appears that there is little current, there is. So using landmarks to position oneself not only north or south, but also the distance from shore is very important. Most of the surfing sheeple out here, and worldwide really, depend on the crowds in order to not only decide that the waves are good, but also where to sit when they do go out. This mindset fills me with contempt, and 'invisibles' is nice as it always has a current pulling one into too deep of water and to the north or south, and since these sheeple surfers never use landmarks to position themselves, but other surfers, they can never figure it out, especially when those of us who do know, deliberately lead them astray and then dart into position when one can see the horizon warble with a set of waves.

I enjoy giving them the Simpson's characcter Nelsons' "Haw Haw' as I surf past them.

Anyway, my main North South landmark for 'Invisibles' is to line up a stairway leading down the bluff from on a house with a decoration strategically placed in between two large windows of that same house.

That Decoration is your Avatar, but it faces North, where your avatar would be facing south from my viewpoint.

I had a couple dozen waves lining up off that house today, and basically had it to myself, and it was a very joyful surf session.

it is also amazing how much muscle conditioning I lose in a week in Florida basically doing nothing but cooking meals and being the Hydration Nazi while my parents were sick with the flu. My legs and paddling muscles are already sore.
----

My mothers symptom's are apparently still holding on some 11 days after they first presented. Felt a little guilty for leaving but she had seemed on the mend, and my dad is feeling good and certainly capable of taking over, but perhaps he cannot be the Rehydration Nazi to the same degree/efficacy that I was. She seems to think the mere presence of liquids at her bedside is as good as actually consuming them, which was certainly frustrating when i Was there, and my dad is just so sick of arguing with her after 50+ years of marriage, I bet she is not drinking enough. Her GP today said just drink more and wait it out and if it gets worse to goto the hospital.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to sternwake for this post:
  • rvpopeye (02-09-2018)
Happy to hear Mr Pelli is guiding you to the good stuff !
He does that for me sometimes too.
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC
13 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 5 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards!
1 of which is a limited edition Turkey Poop Spreader (What a "Stinkin' " honor !) + ROOIRIA

Being in a household of doctors I’m getting all the inside scoop of this horrible flu. Today my nephews wife came home from hospital and told us a 14-year-old girl with no pre-existing conditions died of this flu. So it’s not just taking the old and the young it’s definitely hunting  The middle strong group as well. I’m glad it was just five days of a fever for me. But I knew it was a strong one as I just don’t get taken down by these.  Glad your mom and Dad are on the mend Sternwake have fun surfing. The tall ships are in Malibu tomorrow and we go out for Mock pirate battle and I will look to the shores and think I may see you.
Beast Master,JunkyMonkey,Drinks with Wolves,Fup'd Duck,Sheriff Ricochet Cockroach 4B's 1 cluster,3 TFMS
Scott please take tall ship photos! One day I'd really love to see them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • Scott7022 (02-10-2018), Snikwahjm (02-10-2018)
(02-10-2018, 08:50 AM)Scott7022 Wrote: Being in a household of doctors I’m getting all the inside scoop of this horrible flu. Today my nephews wife came home from hospital and told us a 14-year-old girl with no pre-existing conditions died of this flu. So it’s not just taking the old and the young it’s definitely hunting  The middle strong group as well.

I'm also seeing reports that some people who came down with the flu and got over it are now coming down with it again.  There's more than one strain out there, and building up antibodies to one strain doesn't protect you from the others.
Regards

John

I don't like to make advance plans.  It causes the word PREMEDITATED get thrown around in the courtroom!
I'm NOT crazy!  My mother had me tested! Cool
While I can't find the specific CDC link, They showed monthly charts as to which hospitalized patients had which strain of Flu. The TypeB flu is much less than the H3n1(?) that is racking up most of the case numbers of those admitted into hospital care, but that is the type they said my Dad had, and soon thereafter my mother.

They say that type B was better covered under this years flu shot, and both my parents had this years flu shot, but still got it.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2018/...ivity.html

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm

Mom got to spend one night in the hospital after I left, as she was refusing to eat or drink, as my dad claims, or perhaps she was simply not able to extract any nutrients or moisture from what she drank. But when i was there she kept pointing to a nearby fluid container as if its mere presence was good enough. I forced her to drink it despite her protests about not being thirsty, and apparently without that pressure, she simply did not, and got to spend the night in the hospital for it.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to sternwake for this post:
  • rvpopeye (02-10-2018), AbuelaLoca (02-11-2018)