Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, have I mentioned how much I hate computers?
Another software for "reverse tweaking" W 10.

https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC
13 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 5 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards!
1 of which is a limited edition Turkey Poop Spreader (What a "Stinkin' " honor !) + ROOIRIA

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • Ballenxj (02-15-2018)
(02-15-2018, 08:43 AM)rvpopeye Wrote: Another software for "reverse tweaking" W 10.

https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

More good stuff. 

So once again, I'm reading stuff on forums when my laptop with completely updated w10 Pro blinks, the mouse freezes, and I wait a few minutes to no avail. Control Alt Delete are my next options, and nothing. I hard boot after getting pissed. The PC finally comes up with the usual little spinning thing that somebody at MS thinks is cute, I don't, and am not impressed. It says it's scanning disc, and fixing errors? How did that happen? Now that finally finishes, then goes straight into windows updates that I did not ask it to do. Apparently they don't bother to ask permission anymore, they just do it.  Angry What if I were pressed for time? 
 Just to reinforce the subject line of this thread...
 Who ever said newer is always better was grossly misinformed!
There IS a setting that tells them you are on a data limited or pay IP and they'll only download "important updates" until you are on a different IP.

Not much but something........

Should I start a thread on switching operating systems to Linux ?
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC
13 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 5 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards!
1 of which is a limited edition Turkey Poop Spreader (What a "Stinkin' " honor !) + ROOIRIA

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • Ballenxj (02-15-2018)
(02-15-2018, 09:37 AM)rvpopeye Wrote:  Should I start a thread on switching operating systems to Linux ?

I would not complain. I would like to know more about it, and hear glowing reviews from those that have it. I understand it has an extremely light footprint on a PC? Will it run Adobe Elements and similar? 
I obviously know nothing about it.  Undecided
GARY
If you think we should have a Linux Thread/Forum the next post is #1
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC

(02-15-2018, 02:26 PM)rvpopeye Wrote: GARY
If you think we should have a Linux Thread/Forum the next post is #1

make me push buttons Big Grin

might of found something good about w10,looks like a photo editor,havent used it but could be helpful
Change the forum theme-bottom right
yarc stickers
yarc stickers pirate edition
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Gary for this post:
  • Ballenxj (02-15-2018), rvpopeye (02-15-2018)
(02-15-2018, 05:49 PM)Gary Wrote: might of found something good about w10,looks like a photo editor,havent used it but could be helpful

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to look into that.  Big Grin
(02-15-2018, 06:04 PM)Ballenxj Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 05:49 PM)Gary Wrote: might of found something good about w10,looks like a photo editor,havent used it but could be helpful

has a 3d paint i will play around with,got to get through all the subscription/give me your money stuff and there are a couple good progra.. forgive me apps in there
Change the forum theme-bottom right
yarc stickers
yarc stickers pirate edition
(02-15-2018, 07:37 PM)Gary Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 06:04 PM)Ballenxj Wrote:

has a 3d paint i will play around with,got to get through all the subscription/give me your money stuff and there are a couple good progra.. forgive me apps in there
I downloaded one simply called Photo Editor. Haven't used it yet, but it looks promising. I may have to break out one of my cameras to test it out.