Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So it begins!
Very true and I will add those items to the growing list of how the hell do I do this! This is a lifestyle choice about living simply and not as a result of having to live simply so a nice warm shower and watching the championship cliff hanger was worth it.

See you all soon.
Beast Master,JunkyMonkey,Drinks with Wolves,Fup'd Duck,Sheriff Ricochet Cockroach 4B's 1 cluster,3 TFMS Tempory Weirdo Overlord replacement 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Scott7022 for this post:
  • rvpopeye (01-09-2018)
Not a bad price for the services provided , I agree.
Just FYI shopping list kinda tips.
I got a million of 'em. Well , 38 years worth. (not counting all the camping I did before that)
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
1 of which is a limited edition Turkey Poop Spreader (What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

(01-08-2018, 10:01 PM)Scott7022 Wrote: I needed a hot shower... SO I stayed at a nice Misson style hotel on the outskirts of LA. well 300 miles is hardly outskirts.

I wanted to be able to hit meetings in the afternoon fresh and I didn't want to push it getting into LA LA Land.

Guess I am not hardcore but, comfort was worth it.
Everybody has their limits. Tongue 
Good tip Popeye. I used to use vinegar a bit til I learned mosquitoes are attracted to it. I was getting eaten alive by those dirty little flying critters, so I did a bit of research only to find I was attracting them with the vinegar. Rolleyes 
Shouldn't be a problem in the winter months though.
 The Captain and Crew Finally got their stuff together. 
 Now if they can only remember where they put it.   Rolleyes
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Ballenxj for this post:
  • rvpopeye (01-09-2018), Snikwahjm (01-09-2018)
Well in summer use a paper towel with DEET !
Universal odor control.....Bug Spray Scent Wink
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
1 of which is a limited edition Turkey Poop Spreader (What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • Ballenxj (01-09-2018)
Back to your comment: "I guess I really am homeless and that realization came with a little more shock than I anticipated."

We dwellers bristle at being called "homeless" yet unless you roll up in an expensive RV, that's the perception.  When sleeping in my car (Prius), I won't argue with people as "if you aren't homeless, why are you sleeping in your car?"

Perception is reality and to 99% of the public, we are "homeless" depending on their definition...
They say when you get older two things happen, one is you lose your memory and the other, I forget.

Organized people are simply too lazy to search for stuff.
Yes TWIH totally agree with you.

No mozzies out here in the desert. But I do have my electroshock bug light globe. It kills the odd fling thing. I look up and smile...

SO I did make it to the Renegade camp. Been helping where I can and socializing a little. Went up to the RTR today and was amazed at the number of people. A little crazy I will stop in and see some friends either tomorrow or the next day. It was a long trip to get here and achieve this goal, with a few not so subtle surprises, but I guess you just have to go with the flow, shake your head silently, and smile. Good group of people here at the Renegade Camp!
Haven't used my Mr big buddy heater once -15 bag, a warm body and a hot heart, with six inches of memory foam equals toasty.

The Camp counsellor has been making dinners and they are shared with interesting conversation. Tasty too. We had Bunt cake tonight!
Beast Master,JunkyMonkey,Drinks with Wolves,Fup'd Duck,Sheriff Ricochet Cockroach 4B's 1 cluster,3 TFMS Tempory Weirdo Overlord replacement 
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Scott7022 for this post:
  • rvpopeye (01-13-2018), Justacarsofar (01-13-2018)
Well in speaking with the go with the flow. We non-self-contained rigs have to go park near the porta potties within 500 feet. This will suck as it will break up our merry band of travellers.  

NO BUCKETS!!

THIS SUCKS.
Only at night I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
monkeyfoot
(01-15-2018, 08:59 AM)Scott7022 Wrote: Well in speaking with the go with the flow. We non-self-contained rigs have to go park near the porta potties within 500 feet. This will suck as it will break up our merry band of travellers.  

NO BUCKETS!!

THIS SUCKS.

??? is this some rule someone else made for you????
Change the forum theme-bottom right
yarc t-shirts
yarc stickers pirate edition
IIRC that 500' rule applies to the LTVAs ?
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA