Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2000 Ford E350 15 Passenger Van Build
(01-13-2018, 02:05 PM)S Cello Wrote: Sure, but I had the 1 1/8" laying around

Oh my, that ain’t right at all. Well done.

*golfclap*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YARC : Drunk in the Mud/Keeper of the Dingy/Ears [Image: L3000.gif]/Potluck Contributions Restricted
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Putts for this post:
  • S Cello (01-14-2018)
(01-13-2018, 05:08 PM)rvpopeye Wrote: Yup , thought of that after I posted.
Sink cut out ?

Nope. my tiny kitchen counter is still weeks away.
That is very impressive. I wish I had the patience to do all that work.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to OutdoorFT for this post:
  • S Cello (01-14-2018), Justacarsofar (01-14-2018)
Put a magnet on the rear AC lines.  My 96 has steel lines.  There are fittings under the floor where your heel would rest with your foot on the gas pedal, but I couldn't get to them.  I found where there is a threaded union on the lines behind the rocker panel about where the gas door is.   I took mine apart and cut the line going to the rear and pinched them together in a vise and welded the end.  I put new o-rings in the fitting and capped the lines.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to weigh2ez for this post:
  • S Cello (01-15-2018)
(01-15-2018, 06:01 PM)weigh2ez Wrote: Put a magnet on the rear AC lines.  My 96 has steel lines.  There are fittings under the floor where your heel would rest with your foot on the gas pedal, but I couldn't get to them.  I found where there is a threaded union on the lines behind the rocker panel about where the gas door is.   I took mine apart and cut the line going to the rear and pinched them together in a vise and welded the end.  I put new o-rings in the fitting and capped the lines.

I would have liked to push the thank you button 15 times for your response! I really appreciate this info and I will take me a magnet to my lines tomorrow!
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to S Cello for this post:
  • Cammalu (01-15-2018), Justacarsofar (01-16-2018)
(01-05-2018, 08:48 PM)S CelloThe amount of work that I could do in one day 25 years ago now takes me three or four days to do today, and I might need to rest and recuperate for a few days after that! Wrote:  I CAN'T DO A LINK TO A YOU TUBE VIDEO.   ^^^^^^^^^^^ REMINDED ME OF TOBY KEITHs  "AS GOOD AS I ONCE WAS".  THE FIGHT SCENE REMINDS ME OF A SIMILAR SITUATION.

I WAS SHOOTING POOL AT THE OLD WILD CHERRY BAR DOWN OFF INDUSTRIAL BLVD. IN DALLAS TX. BACK IN THE '70s WHEN SOMEONE RAN UP & CRACKED A BEER BOTTLE OVER THE OTHER GUYS HEAD JUST AS HE WAS ABOUT TO SHOOT!  AS I DIDN'T KNOW HIM I TOOK MYSELF + MY  POOL QUE RIGHT OUT THE BACKDOOR.  I FIGURED HE GOT INTO THAT MESS WITHOUT MY HELP SO HE DIDN'T NEED MY HELP TO GET OUT OF IT.
**************************************************************************************************************************
Anyway, I figured out that this would maybe all fit in my van so I made a preliminary sketch:

[Image: IMG_0012.jpg]

I WISH MY SAFARI HAD THIS MUCH ROOM! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

JEWELLANN
  I DON'T GO CRAZY
Tongue      I AM CRAZY          
   I JUST GO NORMAL FROM TIME TO TIME
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Texjbird for this post:
  • S Cello (01-16-2018)
That looks like about 5'x10' worth...
stay tuned 
popeye

Weirdo Overlord : FMS Fleet Ops , Awards , Badges ,  aka Tamerlane the Impaler Mod.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • S Cello (01-16-2018)
(01-16-2018, 08:22 AM)rvpopeye Wrote: That looks like about 5'x10' worth...

The floor is 6' x 11' but the ceiling is 5 x 11. actually, on the drivers side I lose 4 inches off the 11 feet due to the seat reclining a bit into there. But I removed the passenger seat and am putting the dometic 40 quart there.
I'm glad my model year just put the seat belt light on in the dashboard, no ding ding ding.

I been installing solar components and wiring on the inside of the outer wall under the desk for two days now.

Wow, my shoulders hurt!  I'll post some photos when I have the strength to hold the phone camera up.
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to S Cello for this post:
  • Ballenxj (01-16-2018), rvpopeye (01-16-2018), Justacarsofar (01-17-2018), Texjbird (01-17-2018)
Here are some photos from my work Monday and Tuesday. My joints hurt too bad to work today so I took a day of rest.

I installed the gas line inside the van Monday. It is mostly under the bed so I will add pipe supports as I build the bed.

[Image: IMG_0137.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0136.jpg]

Here's a wiring diagram of the solar system. I had a really hard time getting a photo where someone can read the writing. This was the best I could come up with.

[Image: IMG_0157.jpg]

I installed the 12 volt breaker box, 120 volt breaker box, shunt, inverter, 4/O cables and a bit of the further wiring.

[Image: IMG_0129.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0134.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0159.jpg]

Well, my shoulders are feeling better tonight so I should get back to work on it tomorrow.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to S Cello for this post:
  • Justacarsofar (01-18-2018)
(01-17-2018, 09:35 PM)S Cello Wrote: Well, my shoulders are feeling better tonight so I should get back to work on it tomorrow.
Slave Driver. Wink Seriously, it's coming together nicely. Cool
 The Captain and Crew Finally got their stuff together. 
 Now if they can only remember where they put it.   Rolleyes
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Ballenxj for this post:
  • S Cello (01-18-2018), Justacarsofar (01-18-2018)