Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New years forum report/complaints/changes wanted
ever since i changed the themes i have not had any connection or loading problems,how about everyone else?

hows the site on phones? bandwidth use?

in the forum rule it states"would like to keep strong language to a minimum https://vandwellerforum.com/showthread.php?tid=2
going to encourage that a little more,not that it cant be used but just used in context and not as regular language 

anyone know anything about monetization so we can have some killer contest and giveaways? 

anything you want changed or worked on? there are tons of plugins for this forum,more smileys/emoji things?  

trying to keep the natives happy,Gary
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to Blacktank for this post:
  • Texjbird (01-04-2018), Snikwahjm (01-04-2018), Putts (01-04-2018), evaDnaMnaV (01-04-2018), Gunny (01-04-2018)
Thanks, Gary. I'll try to keep my inner sailor off the keyboard.
YARC : Drunk in the Mud/Keeper of the Dingy/Ears [Image: L3000.gif]/Potluck Contributions Restricted
(01-04-2018, 04:42 AM)Putts Wrote: Thanks, Gary. I'll try to keep my inner sailor off the keyboard.

you audiophiles are a wild bunch Big Grin

and due note,on the other site you were referred to as cat and i have upgraded you to full on natives
Some light reading for you, Gary Wink

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=mnpOWt6dDYPJmwG1gJiQDA&q=best+way+to+monetize+forum&oq=best+way+to+monetize+forum&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.3..33i160k1.3412.17234.0.18039.28.27.0.13.13.0.668.4843.0j20j3j1j0j1.25.0....0...1.1j4.64.mobile-gws-hp..2.26.2927.3..0j35i39k1j0i131k1j0i20i264k1j0i20i264i46k1j46i20i264k1j0i22i30k1j33i21k1.419.5pIvxQ_WrN8
viajes seguros
Using it from Canada, My Moms compound has a direct DSL internet connection NOT ADSL.NO WiFi, So I can't configure it without risking messing up her settings and incurring her wrath!! So I am using my AT&T via wireless hotspot. Works like a hot damn and I have 6gig of data left that rolls over on the 12th of January. But by then I will be with you smoking Cubans and sharing stories.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Scott7022 for this post:
  • heron (01-05-2018)
(01-04-2018, 01:57 PM)Scott7022 Wrote: Using it from Canada, My Moms compound has a direct DSL internet connection NOT ADSL.NO WiFi, So I can't configure it without risking messing up her settings and incurring her wrath!! So I am using my AT&T via wireless hotspot. Works like a hot damn and I have 6gig of data left that rolls over on the 12th of January. But by then I will be with you smoking Cubans and sharing stories.

Worked fine up in BC on wireless when I was there.

Scott, I just made it back to Phoenix at 9:00 pm, got my McD’s WiFi to check in. Hope your drive goes well.
"Life is short, smile while you still have teeth."
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to TWIH for this post:
  • heron (01-05-2018)
My only issue is when I use my namesake theme, any post that seems to be cut and paste frome somewhere else, or that intentionally has black text. Black text on dark charcoal background means it is basically invisible.

Easy enough for me to change themes and see the text, but what is easier is to not bother trying to read it.

Scotts and TWIH's signatures above are visible if I tilt my computer screen to a precise angle, but on my phone, impossible to read.
(01-04-2018, 10:49 PM)sternwake Wrote: My only issue is when I use my namesake theme, any post that seems to be cut and paste frome somewhere else, or that intentionally has black text. Black text on dark charcoal background means it is basically invisible.

Easy enough for me to change themes and see the text, but what is easier is to not bother  trying to read it.

Scotts and TWIH's signatures above are visible if I tilt my computer screen to a precise angle, but on my phone, impossible to read.

belinda made that one and she went about it a little different than me.i'll see if she can fix it
I would appreciate it if you could please add a “last unread post” button like on the other place.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated