Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I'm moving SLOWLY
Jewell Ann, I just saw an a car with Arkansas plates... and a backseat window decoration of Queen Elizabeth. Smile
If only I'd had my camera!
"Cause how you get there is the worthier part." Shephard Book to Kaylee, Firefly

Apr-23 Update:
Van engine replaced, completed first two week National Forest shakedown voyage, now heading North!
Thanks for your kind & generous support! Smile

THE LAST THREE DAYS HAVE BEEN EITHER WORKING AT STORAGE UNITS & WORKING ON THE APT.

OR FLAT ON MY BACK FIGHTING WITH QUEENIE ABOUT LETTING ME USE SOME OF HER NEW HEATING PAD. 

I HAVE TO REALLY WATCH HER BECAUSE SHE WILL LAY ON IT UNTIL SHE'S PANTING.

IT'S 4am HERE IN LOVELY LOWER ALABAMA.  

AS SOON AS I GET THE TRASH TAKEN OUT I WILL ONCE AGAIN TRY TO SLEEP MORE THAN 4hrs AT ONE TIME.

HAVE A NICE WEEK Y'ALL

JEWELL ANN & QUEENIE
                           My Heart Is Good............But Oh This Mouth
                              I'M NOT HERE   Cool   YOU DIDN'T SEE ME
                                            I AIN'T DONE ......YET
                                                           TJB

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Texjbird for this post:
  • Xanthorhizas (03-26-2019)
I don’t think sleeping more than four hours without getting up to pee is in line with getting old. If you figure out how I can sleep uninterrupted all night please let me know.
monkeyfoot
I figured it out, get a little dehydrated before bed, stop eating around 5p, no alcohol. I manage this about two nights a week.    Tongue
OH.........I DON'T COUNT Q STEPPING ON ME AND GRUNTING TO WAKE ME UP SO SHE CAN GO OUT, OR ME HAVING TO TRY AND GET UP OR DOWN WITHOUT SQUISHING HER.  

THEN THERE'S THE LOUD BASS MUSIC IN CARS GOING DOWN THE STREET THAT SHAKES MY BEDROOM WINDOWS GLASS.   ALSO THERE IS THE LOUD METALLIC THUMP OF THE NEIGHBORS STORM DOOR CLOSING ABOUT 8FT FROM MY BEDROOM WINDOWS WHICH ARE 3ft FROM MY BED.

I MUST HAVE BECOME ACCLIMATED TO GUNFIRE IN THE NITE BECAUSE UNLESS I'M AWAKE I NEVER HEAR IT.  MAYBE THEY'VE RAN OUT OF AMMO.......OR THE PRICE HAS GOTTEN TO HIGH  Wink

IT DOESN'T SEEM TO MATTER HOW TIRED I AM OR NOT.  OR EVEN HOW MANY TIMES I'VE BEEN UP AND DOWN. 
OFTEN SOMEWHERE AROUND THE 4 TO 5hr MARK OF SLEEPING MY BRAIN SEZ  WAKE UP AND STAY THAT WAY!!  NOW!!!

I JUST HATE WANTING TO SLEEP AND BEING UNABLE TOO.  ESPECIALY IF I HAVE APPOINTMENTS TO KEEP AND REALLY NEED TO SLEEP.  FASTING LABS ARE THE WORST.  I CAN BE HUNGRY AND SLEEP FINE,  THEN WAKING UP AND NOT BEING ABE TO EAT FOR SEVERAL HOURS REALLY STINKS. 

TODAY HAS BEEN THE LONGEST DAY.  I  MANAGED TO SLEEP FROM AROUND 6am TO 10:30am AND FEEL LIKE CRAP.  QUEENIE AND I ARE HAVING A DAY OFF..........I GUESS SHE NEEDS IT  Rolleyes   I DO WISH SHE WOULD LEARN TO FIX A SIMPLE MEAL FOR US.

SHE HASN'T DONE ANY CHORES SINCE I TOOK HER ON AS ROOMIE  AT LEAST SHE IS LOVING AND QUITE ENTERTAINING AT TIMES.

JEWELL ANN & QUEENIE

P.S. AT THE STORAGE LAST NIGHT DEB TOOK 2 PICS OF QUEENIE AND E MAILED THEM TO ME.  SO HOW DO I GET THEM POSTED ON HERE?  THEY AREN'T VERY GOOD AND HER EYES ARE SO RED AND SHINING SHE LOOKS LIKE SHE'S BEEN ON A 3 DAY MAD DOG 20/20 DRUNK.  ALTHOUGH IT'S BEEN A WHILE I'D RECOGNIZE THOSE EYES ANYWHERE  Huh
                                            I AIN'T DONE ......YET
                                                           TJB

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Texjbird for this post:
  • rvpopeye (03-26-2019), Xanthorhizas (03-27-2019)
(03-26-2019, 04:42 PM)Texjbird Wrote: I DO WISH SHE WOULD LEARN TO FIX A SIMPLE MEAL FOR US.

SHE HASN'T DONE ANY CHORES SINCE I TOOK HER ON AS ROOMIE 

SO HOW DO I GET THEM POSTED ON HERE? 

Lol...another first laugh of the day which helps to start off a pleasant day, thank you!

It's the second item 'Insert an image' in the 4th box under the emojis.

Have a wonderful day!
Saturday we did a Vet run for Q's nails an anal glands.  Then hit Captain D's for dinners to take for a visit with a old friend.  Next came a visit to Bob and Rat Dawg who is Queenie's litter mate.  They just turned 9ys old.  A few weeks ago Q and R D took turns trying to eat a Pitt Bull through a chain link fence.  The Pittie was returning the favor full force.  I went out yelling and waving a golf club.  Both neighbor dogs ran to a 3 sided patio to hide!  Good thing they weren't jumpers!

Bob has recently spent 21 days in a coma and 17 days in rehab.  Because of Medicare restrictions at 17 days he was given the option of going to a nursing home and having all of his SS benifits going to that home for his care instead of being available for his own home and expenses.  Bob came home.  He's learning to walk again among other things.  He has excellent home care. His sister and her husband are registered nurses.  There's also visits from a PT, another nurse, a housekeeper/caregiver plus family and friends.

As we were eating Q and R D were in and out of the house running amuk.  Then Q went missing.  As I was getting up to look for her I saw her in a seizure under the table. Of course I went down on the floor and under the table.  Due to the tables height and my back I couldn't cuddle her as usual.  So I sat with my legs on each side of her and could stroke her head while reassuring her that she is a good dog and will be ok.  Thankfully she wasn't having severe muscle contractions which are usual.  After a while I could get her in my lap to rest and let he get her legs under her.  Then came the fun part.  My getting up off the floor with two bum knees and a bad back!  So Bob, who besides moral support also brought us a big couch pillow firm enough to keep my knees off of  the t.ile floor.

Queenie while not quite up to her usual territorial self did let the (unknown to her) lady in to check on Bob.  They were 3wks old when we picked them out and 5wks old when they came to us.  I was staying with Bob and his family while looking for a place to live after just returning to AL. They were so little they would hide in Bob's shoes.  He wears size 15!

Today has certainly been a day of rest.  I don't know about Q,   however after sitting on the hard floor and getting up I now hurt in places that I didn't even know I have!  Q has only been out 3 times since we got home about dark on Saturday.  She has rested and nested on her stack of three bed pillows all day.

I might take tomorrow off too. ?. If Queenie sez I can.

Jewell Ann and QUEENIE
                                            I AIN'T DONE ......YET
                                                           TJB

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Texjbird for this post:
  • rvpopeye (04-01-2019)
I LOVE Captain D's.
There was one on Donalson Pk. just around the corner from my Nashville home.
The guy that started the chain lived nearby. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Hush Puppies.....
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 8 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
1 of which is a limited edition Turkey Poop Spreader (What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

RVP      I USED TO MAKE MY HUSH PUPPYS FROM SCRATCH.  NOW THE ONLY DIFERRENCE IS I USE A PACKAGE OF CORN BREAD MIX     NOT JIFFY!!!   NOT ANY ONE THAT IS REAL SWEET!!     THEY BROWN TOO QUICK ON THE OUTSIDE FOR ME IN THE HOT OIL.   I USE MORRISONS, SURE FINE, MARTHA WHITE etc
I PREFER YELLOW CORN MEAL<<<<THAT'S JUST ME.

PLACE MIX IN BOWL   

ADD A TOUCH OF SALT AND A TOUCH OF GARLIC POWDER AND CREOLE OR CAJUN SESONING FOR A LITTLE SPICE IF YOU WANT TO.

MIX SOME FINELY CHOPPED FRESH ONION INTO DRY MIX

THEN GENTLY STIR IN 1 EGG AND ENOUGH WATER OR MILK TO MAKE A STIFF DOUGH.

NEXT BLEND IN UP TO 2tsp OF BACON GREASE.........YOU CAN LEAVE THIS OUT.........  YA AIN'T RIGHT IF YOU DO!

HAVE 2 TO 3 INCHES OF VEGETABLE OIL HEATED IN A POT WITH AT LEAST 3in between top of oil and top of pot

WHEN A DROP OR TWO OF WATER REALLY SIZZLES WHEN YOU PUT THEM IN THE OIL IT'S READY

I USE 2 TEASPOONS TO MAKE THE HUSH PUPPYS.  I DIP THE SPOONS IN HOT OIL AND THEN THE BATTER BEFORE DROPPING THE PUPPYS IN THE HOT OIL, USING 1 SPOON TO GENTLY SLIDE THE BATTER OUT WHEN NEEDED SO THERE IS NO SPLASHING OF HOT OIL.

YOU HAVE TO KEEP A EYE ON THESE AS THEY COOK QUICKLY AND WILL NEED TO BE TURNED WHEN THE 1st SIDE IS GOLDEN BROWN.  SINCE I DON'T USE A THERMOMETER FOR THE OIL  I USUALLY OPEN THE FIRST 2 OR 3 TO MAKE SURE THE CENTERS ARE DONE.

THESE DIRECTIONS MAKE THEM SEEM WAY MORE COMPLICATED THAN THEY ARE
SINCE I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH GREATER YOUR COOKING SKILLS ARE THAN A FRIED BALONY SAMWICH  Big Grin I THREW THEM ALL IN!

I LIKE A LOT OF "JUICE/SAUCE" IN THINGS LIKE CHILI,  MOST COOKED AND SEASONED DRIED BEANS, HOME MADE HAMBUGER GOULASH, SOUPS AND STEWS.   I JUST LIKE TO HAVE SOMETHING TO PUT MY CORNBREAD OR HUSH PUPPYS IN.

I'VE MADE THESE FOR YEARS WITHOUT REFERING TO A RECIPE SO IF YOU OR ANYONE TRIES THESE PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW THEY TURN OUT

WHOOPS!  I FORGOT TO ADD COLD SLICED SWEET ONIONS AND SLICED TOMATOES AS SIDES WITH BEANS AND FISH.

WELL HELL I'M HUNGRY NOW!  THANKS A LOT Angry  NOW I'LL GO FIND SOME OF THE WEIGHT I RECENTLY MISLAID.

QUEEEEEEEEENIE WHERE DID YOU PUT THE BB GUN!  ROAD TRIP!  SHE KNOWS ROAD TRIP = GOING FOR A RIDE!

BONY AP-PE-TITE!  YEAH YOU CAN LAUGH Big Grin DO-WER = DOOR WHEN I'M A TALKIN'  Tongue

JEWELL ANN AND SLEEPING QUEENIE
                                            I AIN'T DONE ......YET
                                                           TJB

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Texjbird for this post:
  • Cammalu (04-01-2019), rvpopeye (04-01-2019)