Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I'm moving SLOWLY
I had a similar experience several months back with my debit card pin. Although my pin was the same for eight years I could not recall it at the grocery store. Or afterward. It did not come back to me until after I went to the bank and changed it.

Are these just hiccups or a look into the future? It scares the shit right out of me.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ratfink56 for this post:
  • Texjbird (09-04-2018)
I forget words mid conversation.  I'll be having a conversation and forget where I was going with whatever I was talking about.   I'm afraid there are lots of members in the forgetters club.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to weigh2ez for this post:
  • Texjbird (09-04-2018)
SEVERAL YEARS  AGO I COULDN'T REMEMBER WHAT TO CALL A BREAD BOX.  THE IRONY OF THAT WAS THAT I LIVED IN MY 2ND  VERY OLD FRAME HOUSE IN SD AND  I  HAD FURNISHED IT  MOSTLY FROM FARM AND HOME AUCTIONS.  MY COLLECTION OF PAINTED TIN BREAD BOXES WAS DISPLAYED AND USED IN MY KITCHEN.  

IT TOOK A FEW DAYS FOR MY BRAIN TO SNAP BACK.  I  FINALLY HAD CALLED MY D-I-L AND ASKED HER "WHAT DO YOU CALL THOSE THINGS YOU KEEP BREAD IN"?  SHE SAID "BREAD WRAPPERS"?

TJB
        AND THAT'S ALL I'VE GOT TO SAY ABOUT THAT   "FORREST GUMP"   

JUST SAYING A THING DOES NOT MEAN IT WILL HAPPEN

I'M NOT HERE   Cool   YOU DIDN'T SEE ME

It was explained to me as a normal condition of aging, and not necessarily Alzheimer's or dementia. He said that by the time you reach your 60s, your unconscious, subconscious and conscious have all been collecting information since the day you were born. It's all still stored in there, and there's a lot of it. When you have a lot of info in your multiple file drawers, it takes longer to find something in particular, doesn't it? And when your computer is sort of maxing out in info and running low on memory, it slows down, doesn't it?

Calm down, take a few deep breaths, and don't panic when you can't remember something. It will come back to you, eventually. It may be at 3:24 in the morning, but it usually does show up. The other day, I was talking to a friend, and couldn't remember a famous old actor. He was in The Big Country, To Kill a Mockingbird, and Spellbound. He was born the same year as my mother. I could visualize his face. I listed those movies to my friend and she said she knew who I meant... tall, dark-haired, always seemed a gentleman. Yeah, that's the guy. I remembered his name was Gregory Peck when I was eating breakfast the next morning. See? I knew it, I just had to find the right file.

A doctor said that if you remember that you forgot, you're still okay. People with A and D don't even remember thinking about it.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to TrainChaser for this post:
  • Texjbird (09-22-2018)
I think my memory's not as good as it used to be but I really don't remember.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to ratfink56 for this post:
  • Snikwahjm (09-05-2018), Texjbird (09-07-2018)
Smile  So on Sunday I was able to actually stand up for 6hrs on my tile/concrete apt.floor and make some progress on sorting out some things to give away or keep.  During that time I also washed about 6 smaller loads of clothes and hung them outside to dry. 1/2 of my queensize bed is where I can sort/stack clothes.  I overdid it a little bit and finally crashed.about 2am.  By that time there was about 2ft of clear space at the foot of the bed and just a little over the width of a bed pillow at the top....so that's where we slept 'til about 5am.

Q has been out at daylight, fussed at the cats, eaten breakfast and crashed again.  She was very busy yesterday.  When the office is closed and the weather is good she gets to lay on the back porch and guard the yard.  I put her on a 15ft leash and clip her inside the back door while I work in the kitchen.  I have to make her come in when it gets too hot.  I feel bad that she has had to be leashed constantly when we go outside.  At least she has 1/2 a fenced acre to run in when she goes to see Rat Dawg, her litter mate.  They are so funny together.  The 1st thing Q does is a perimiter check.  She walks the complete fence line while he tries to distract her.  She's 8ys old now and has been going to my friends home since she was 5wks old.  Miss Polly, Bob's Mom, would send me a msg "It's time for a play date".   When she passed away Bob bought the family home from the estate.
She and my Mom had a contest going to see who would live the longest. 

I have had too many family and friends deaths to deal with.  I have out lived my Husband his Brother and a male cousin.  All the males for their generation.  Also 1 sister-in law.  Both of my inlaws, my grandparents, My Mom, her husband, 3 other brothers-in-laws,  My oldest friend who lived 3ys & 8mos after her DR told us she might make it another 6mo.  Miss Polly my best friends Mom.  I've known 7 of my neighbors who have died in the 8ys I've been here.

It's kinda scarey to me.  I keep wondering when my turn will come.  My best friend,  Bob who I've spoken of before, besides the bad heart and pace maker he has other serious medical issues.   He is 3ys younger than I.  Whenever he goes in the hospital I always tell him " You will come home cuz I'm not done with you yet ".  This always gets a big smile from him.  We've known each other since 1981 and our familes go back to the 1930s and includes many postings to the same military bases and even building homes next to each other with the backyards backing up to Ft Rucker.

One of my neighbors recently asked me if I was going to be able to finish out the Safari and Aliner and use them.  I told him that as long as I could stand upright and walk I would continue to have that goal.  I may not become a complete nomad as a lot depends on my health.  I have good medical coverage here and one thing I have learned is that even though I have Federal medicare coverage and QMD [extra help"] from the state of AL.  The same coverage might not be available if I relocate to another state.  The 90 day supply of my 2 insulins is $3,500 without my ins. At this time my copay is about $10 on each one.

So I better get up and get going while it's still cool outside and not raining.

I Hope We all Have a Good Week.

JewellAnn and Queenie

[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Texjbird for this post:
  • BCGuy (09-10-2018), Xanthorhizas (09-10-2018), MN C Van (09-18-2018)
Good to see your status update.
One step at a time should get you there.
I'm pretty sure QMB is in all states.
I have it here.
Maybe others can chime in on this.
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
14 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
1 of which is a limited edition Turkey Poop Spreader (What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • Texjbird (09-12-2018)
This video helped me a lot
https://youtu.be/HkrOBNhrMLA
Well, 30 seconds in, the de-clutterer says: "... and there's a handout on the way out." I was laughing, and waiting for others to join- But she was fricken serious!

I'll watch the rest, but that's totally hilarious.
Sometimes dweller in 236k miles '07 Grand C-van w/ a solar powered fridge and not much else
Queenie was sick.  Q does not like her med's mixed in applesauce.  My plan B worked  Big Grin  liquid amoxicillin/potasium put on a tablespoon of gooseliver and mix in, then the same for 1/2 tablet of anti-itch/coughing med's. 
Smile She's better thankfully! They made her sleepy.  

Then she'd wake up and after the first 2 or 3 nights she apparently thought it was party time. 
It's hard to ignore a 12lb Chihuahua with little pointy feet bouncing on your ribs and grunting at you.  I can't ignore her becaue if she has time she will wake me up when she's going into a seizure or has to go out.....or wants a drink.  If my blood sugars have gone up because I skipped a shot or ate to many carbs before falling asleep I get licked!  Then it's grunt.... stomp & repeat. 
I'm Sooooooo Glad she's not Newfoundland or Great Pyrenees!

Yesterday I met a new DR and something happened for the 1st time ever at a Doc's Huh  He pulled up his pants legs and showed me his compression hose!  We were talkiing about how ageing can sometimes affect our bodies and activities.  He used to run and cycle a lot and has had to slow dowm.  This guy is just cool!  He gets it that I'm not seeking to get over medicated on pain meds. Also that I'm concerned about other treatments that are available.  It was amazing.  He had actully reviewed my MRI's from last year and this year. 

Bottom line is that I'm set for injections in my spine or nerves in my back when the pain is to the point that I think I need them.  This is done at the small local hospital.  He also recommended some form of stretching exercise...pilates...yoga...or Tai Chi.  I can also go to PT again when I have the time.  

So for now I'm going back to "work" and I'm just being careful with the weight of things I lift/carry. 

I should have been done with this a year ago.

What I need to do now seems even more overwhelming than when I started this process over 2 years ago.

I don't know if Frustration is considered a "Emotion" or a "Feeling".  Whatever it is it's GETTING ON MY LAST NERVE  Angry

GOOD NEWS!!!  After feeding Q's herd of 10 cats since the begining of July.  I have finally found a all breeds no kill rescue that may take the kittens.  There is 3 that I can pet and pick up.  One of the Mama cats is pretty tame so I hope they will take her too.  Today I fixed them rice and canned fish....They seemed to like it.  I need to buy the 4th big bag of cat food, this is getting expensive.  The big cats are used to a varied diet cuz many of my neighbors put out scraps/left overs for them.  I'm going to miss the babies.  Especially "Squeaky" a fuzzy black one that doesn't meow.

So it's 3pm and past my breakfast time!

See Ya'll In The Funny Papers as Papa use to say.  He also often said "Quiet In The Peanut Gallery". 
 I wonder what he meant by that Wink

JewellAnn and Znoozer aka Queenie

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Texjbird for this post:
  • BCGuy (09-22-2018)