Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing members
(11-29-2017, 08:30 PM)TrainChaser Wrote: I received a response from AlmostThere.  She knows about this forum, and has looked in a few times.  But she says she's not much of a renegade and likes the way Bob runs his site.  She also said that most of the people here probably know what they're doing, so she wouldn't have much informative advice to give.

+1, since I’m a part timer still in a Prius I haven’t the experience level of most of the “refugees” from CRVL.  Not much I can add to solar and batteries cause’ my info is based solely on what I’ve read or researched as opposed to actually living it.  Thus instead of being a secondary source, I just leave the posting up to “primary source” people.  

In addition to less rules and more acceptance of diverse views  thanks to Gary’s nitiative, it is nice not seeing 10 or more questions a day about “what is solar” and “can I run a portable heater off my ciggie lighter outlet”... so yes, the typical knowledge base level here is refreshing.

I’ve learned when replying/posting to not use the all encompassing words like “never, always, 100%” as even if I think it’s true, it gets someone else crosswise who thinks differently.  I mean, I now “never piss into the wind and always, I mean 100% of the time” have regretted it, but still someone will reply that they can do that successfully... whatever.

Been off the forum for a while, noticed several new threads, glad that it’s still slowly growing.  I don’t miss CRVL at all, I did learn a lot but that time is passed, kinda like elementary school.

Long live the forum!

TWIH
“Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.”   Big Grin

[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to TWIH for this post:
  • Gunny (12-09-2017), Cammalu (12-09-2017), Anna (12-09-2017), AbuelaLoca (12-09-2017), Justacarsofar (12-09-2017)
TWIH, what I DON’T know about this stuff would fill a large book. But here, I can be wrong and corrected without feeling like too much of a dumbass.

There is also the social aspect. I like interacting with people of a different mindset than me without BW or one of his minions chastising me in public. Someone can own a forum without thinking their words are like God speaking from The Mount.

Rob
Once More Unto The Breach, Dear Friends, Once More.
[-] The following 7 users say Thank You to Gunny for this post:
  • Cammalu (12-09-2017), Snikwahjm (12-09-2017), Anna (12-09-2017), TrainChaser (12-09-2017), frater secessus (12-09-2017), Justacarsofar (12-09-2017), TWIH (12-09-2017)
I was just thankful that i was invited to be a member of this forum though i'm a dumb ass and know nothing of the nomad life. I try not to get involved with mechanical stuff on here as i know nothing of it, and leave all that to the experts. I do enjoy reading the posts though and engaging where i can. So far it's been fun and i'm enjoying the social aspects of the forum too.

[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Anna for this post:
  • Cammalu (12-09-2017), Gunny (12-09-2017), Justacarsofar (12-09-2017)
Speaking of missing members, wonder if Van Tramp knows about us?
Regards

John

I don't like to make advance plans.  It causes the word PREMEDITATED get thrown around in the courtroom!
I'm NOT crazy!  My mother had me tested! Cool
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Optimistic Paranoid for this post:
  • Gunny (12-09-2017)
May The Force be with all you Renegades out there as we boldly go our own ways, doing our own things.
 The Captain and Crew Finally got their stuff together. 
 Now if they can only remember where they put it.   Rolleyes
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Ballenxj for this post:
  • Gunny (12-09-2017), Anna (12-09-2017), Justacarsofar (12-09-2017)
(12-09-2017, 03:58 PM)Optimistic Paranoid Wrote: Speaking of missing members, wonder if Van Tramp knows about us?

dont know,i havent said anything to him about it
Change the forum theme-bottom right
yarc stickers
yarc stickers pirate edition
dont think it's a renegade thing but

"i have been around the block a few times and dont need a leader" thing
Change the forum theme-bottom right
yarc stickers
yarc stickers pirate edition
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to Gary for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (12-09-2017), Anna (12-09-2017), Texjbird (12-10-2017), Putts (12-10-2017), Justacarsofar (12-12-2017)
(12-09-2017, 04:04 PM)Ballenxj Wrote: May The Force be with all you Renegades out there as we boldly go our own ways, doing our own things.

Regards

John

I don't like to make advance plans.  It causes the word PREMEDITATED get thrown around in the courtroom!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Optimistic Paranoid for this post:
  • Justacarsofar (12-12-2017)
Haven't seen Dune Elliot post here in a while.  IIRC, in her last post she said she was having trouble finding work, and was running low on funds.  Hope it all worked out for her.
Regards

John

(12-12-2017, 10:24 AM)Optimistic Paranoid Wrote: Haven't seen Dune Elliot post here in a while.  IIRC, in her last post she said she was having trouble finding work, and was running low on funds.  Hope it all worked out for her.

And on top of that, I heard in a post she broke her hand, so can't work?
 The Captain and Crew Finally got their stuff together. 
 Now if they can only remember where they put it.   Rolleyes