Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medical emergency
Rainbow 
(11-12-2017, 12:35 PM)Justacarsofar Wrote: Oh MY GOOSHHH  dear,  wow wow wow..  that really happens, apparently ..

well, don't worry about US, we'll keep the forum warm for ya, you just "DO the family thing!!

Thx for keeping the forum warm for me! Angel Heart Doing family thing, and still hoping to make up for lost time, getting self and minivan ready for the big Q!
RTR or Bust!
2005 T & C Minivan
"Looking out at the road rushing under my wheels
Looking back at the years gone by like so many summer fields"
Jackson Browne, Running on Empty

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Kathleen for this post:
  • Justacarsofar (11-13-2017), heron (11-14-2017)
(11-13-2017, 06:58 PM)Kathleen Wrote:
(11-12-2017, 12:35 PM)Justacarsofar Wrote: Oh MY GOOSHHH  dear,  wow wow wow..  that really happens, apparently ..

well, don't worry about US, we'll keep the forum warm for ya, you just "DO the family thing!!

Thx for keeping the forum warm for me! Angel Heart Doing family thing, and still hoping to make up for lost time, getting self and minivan ready for the big Q!

YYAAAAYYY!!!  wow, all that stress but you can still work out the big Q?  fantastic!!  Heart
title~ "Deliberate Discharge" 3 "Stinkin Badges" 1 "Flying manure spreader" 1 "Pink Elephant"  Tongue
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Justacarsofar for this post:
  • Kathleen (11-13-2017)
Rainbow 
(11-12-2017, 01:54 PM)rvpopeye Wrote: My mom's sister did that a couple of times !
Sure kept the doc's guessing , and the priest too !
They would call him and when he got there she would be playing cards or some other non dead activity !
Did he say anything about going to the light and being called back ?

You are the second person to ask that question. NDE's (near death experiences) are real interesting to me. He's still in the hospital, with family members arriving daily, and tons of phone calls. When things calm down I do want to ask if he saw the light Idea but got called back.

We feel he's got unfinished business here on earth, and we were all blown away when he came back to life. He's got a strong spirit, drove an 18 wheeler for 25 yrs. Loved being on the road.
RTR or Bust!
2005 T & C Minivan

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Kathleen for this post:
  • Justacarsofar (11-13-2017)
Rainbow 
(11-12-2017, 03:13 PM)Anna Wrote: All the best, Kathleen, Very glad that he's on the road to recovery.

I have to admit, This is part of the isolation living in America that scares the hell out of me.

He's just lucky a friend found him outside his house in the cold. He would have died of exposure for sure if she did not stop by at the right moment.

Thanks for your good wishes Smile If there's any way you can find others to travel/camp with it might alleviate your fears.
RTR or Bust!
2005 T & C Minivan

Rainbow 
(11-12-2017, 04:00 PM)Optimistic Paranoid Wrote: All the best to your family Kathleen.

Found unconscious in the snow, huh?

Wonder if we're seeing a variation of the Mamalian Diving Reflex?  People have been revived after quite a bit of time underwater, IF the water is cold enough.  The cold triggers some odd body responses, including the brain.

Paramedics have a saying when dealing with cold related issues.  "You're not dead until you're warm and dead!"

Thanks, John. My ex's story reminded me of a time when I lived in an arts community in the Finger Lakes of NY. Winters were real cold there. One day the community director, age 78, went for a walk with a 3 year old who lived on the property. They were way uphill near our upper pond. The little boy walked out onto the ice. It cracked unexpectedly. She was not young or lean, but she had to run downhill to find the right man for the job, someone willing to dive into freezing A** cold water, grab the unconscious kid, and run 1/2 mile down hill with him.

When the child finally arrived at ER they never expected him to live. This was over 40 yrs ago. Docs could not believe he survived, no harm done. That one was also called a medical miracle.
RTR or Bust!
2005 T & C Minivan

Rainbow 
(11-13-2017, 07:03 PM)Justacarsofar Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 06:58 PM)Kathleen Wrote:

YYAAAAYYY!!!  wow, all that stress but you can still work out the big Q?  fantastic!!  Heart

I'm working on it! Have to stop goofing off so much and unpack the durned boxes!
RTR or Bust!
2005 T & C Minivan

• Justacarsofar (11-14-2017)
All very best to you and your family! That's all so amazing. I hope the rest of him follows suit and is back to being functional, again!
One gloriously stinkin' badge. 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to heron for this post:
  • Kathleen (11-13-2017)
Rainbow 
(11-13-2017, 07:29 PM)heron Wrote: All very best to you and your family! That's all so amazing. I hope the rest of him follows suit and is back to being functional, again!

Me too. I still don't know the latest test results. Talked to ex the past 3 days. Gave him a break today since he's got lotsa family coming and going.

He understands what I say to him and knows who I am. Answers intelligently, but speech is slow and a bit slurred.

Have to find out what docs say about treatment and recovery. He sure scared his 4 kids and all of us who wanted that "final conversation." Don't like it when loved ones disappear suddenly with no warning.
RTR or Bust!
2005 T & C Minivan

• heron (11-14-2017)
Hi Kathleen, sending positive vibes your way. Love hearing medical miracles. I often wonder how many people have the plug pulled on them too early based on the medical advice the family receives?

My cousins father in law was in a very bad motorcycle accident five years ago, his 23 year old daughter was his health care proxy. Everyone begged her to pull the plug because the doctors said he'd have no quality of life and wouldn't remember or even know who he was if he did wake up. She left him on life support for almost a month and he woke up. Remembered exactly what happened and everyone he knew. He's def got some permanent damage, can't walk with out a cane and the right side of his body is severely damaged. But he's incredibly happy to be alive and thankful his daughter gave him that chance. I even thought she was being selfish, but she clearly knew her Dad best.
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Everyroadleadshome for this post:
  • Ballenxj (11-13-2017), Kathleen (11-14-2017), AbuelaLoca (11-14-2017), rvpopeye (11-14-2017)
Rainbow 
[quote='Everyroadleadshome' pid='9406' dateline='1510632676']
Hi Kathleen,  sending positive vibes your way. Love hearing medical miracles.    I often wonder how many people have the plug pulled on them too early based on the medical advice the family receives?

Thanks for the positive vibes. Yes, my ex's oldest daughter called her siblings because they had the legal right to make the decision. After 2 days with her Dad being in a comatose state she felt they should do that. My son did not agree. I guess their Dad did not want the plug pulled because he popped back to life the next day!

A month is a long time to have faith someone will return. There was a famous case in NM where a young guy was in a coma for 6 months. His family never gave up. He remembers a lot of what happened during that time, he just could not respond

I agree a person's decision may look selfish, but the situation you described turned out for the best. Glad to hear he's happy to be alive. I'm sure his daughter is happy too.
RTR or Bust!
2005 T & C Minivan

[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Kathleen for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (11-14-2017), Everyroadleadshome (11-14-2017), Ballenxj (11-14-2017)