Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Country
I do like old country music a lot. I like some of the modern country music too excluding that stuff that needs its own genre (country pop).

If you like good head banging rock music then give this a listen. Yes, this is country music but not what you'd think being country music. Probably won't ever see this featured in the Grand Ole Opry but then again that is a different style of country music. Put your headphones on and hold on tight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve8sNTqrzCw
MORATTA LESSRATTA  OFFICIAL YARC

Alright guys.. I have the perfect song for both county and rockish venues.

take Glen Campbell Witchita Linesman' performed by Slash, Axel Rose and the gang.  Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAelbp6R-aE
title~ "Deliberate Discharge" 3 "Stinkin Badges" 1 "Flying manure spreader" 1 "Pink Elephant"  Tongue
Back in the early 90s we lived in southern Indiana. By then I had gotten over my fascination with country music. The local radio station was of course country. BUT they had a 1/2 hour live program called swap shop. Some times reality is better than anything for intertainment. Most of the people calling in selling things were ok and just selling stuff. But what made the program worth listening to every night was the bloopers, country accents and the strange stuff. Most of these people were genuinely selling something. Being on the radio was enough to make them nervous. Of course we had to listen to a song or two before the program started. The weirdest one was some lady singing, ‘I shaved my legs for this’... back to the people and their ads. A lady called up one night and said in her best southern Indiana accent, “I have 5 bagel puppies for sale.” Then one night a man called up and said, “I have up for sale a stud horse and she leads real good.” There were others I’ve forgotten - shoulda wrote ‘em down...
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Snikwahjm for this post:
  • Justacarsofar (11-13-2017), heron (11-13-2017)
(11-13-2017, 04:16 AM)Snikwahjm Wrote: Back in the early 90s we lived in southern Indiana. By then I had gotten over my fascination with country music. The local radio station was of course country. BUT they had a 1/2 hour live program called swap shop.

Same throughout Texas and the south. Those shows are very popular in rural areas.  The Howard Stern show had regular segments of prank calls made to 'Tradio' shows. God bless the hosts, they were so innocently naive, that they rarely caught the (usually dirty) double entendres.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to IanC for this post:
  • heron (11-13-2017)