Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portable Compact Mini Twin Tub Washing Machine and Spin Cycle w/ Hose, 13lbs. Capacit
Dodge Promaster
stay tuned 
popeye

Weirdo Overlord : FMS Fleet Ops , Awards , Badges ,  aka Tamerlane the Impaler Mod.
RAM promaster high roof. I love it as a boondocking platform.
---
frater/jason - FT 2018.  Retired/boondocking 2020.  
159" Promaster, 570w:220Ah, 35gal fresh
twitter | RVwiki
Figured I'd give you all a quick update!

I'm still loving the spin dryer. Once a week I do all our laundry with it, even the queen sized sheet sets and large "floofy" bath towels. Jeans, jackets, sweatshirts, everything fits in it and comes out almost dry. It's like magic! If I'm having a good day I can do it all in one day, and it's all dry by next morning. Sometimes I'm slower and it takes two days to go through it all.

I usually let it run for its full 5 minutes now, partially out of laziness. But also because I read that it has a brake for when you stop it prematurely, which some people feel is likely to reduce the lifespan of the unit. When I let it shut off on its own, it takes about 5 minutes to stop spinning once it's finished. If I'm impatient I can open it and the brake stops it within a second, which is convenient. I try to let it do its thing in peace, though.

The dog no longer freaks out about it. He still eyes it suspiciously when it's running, but that's about it.

Since I'm now doing more laundry thanks to the spin dryer, it does bring up a need for a larger container so I can do larger loads at a time. We don't have the budget for it right now, but that would be the next thing that significantly reduces the time and energy needed for laundry. Currently I use Sterilite 27 quart containers, which I've been using for years for just about everything. I'll have two loads going at once, let one soak while I'm working on the other one. The system works well enough, but I'm always looking for ways to improve it!
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Heidi Mull for this post:
  • Snikwahjm (02-10-2018), Cammalu (02-10-2018), AbuelaLoca (02-11-2018), Art (02-11-2018)