Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The further adventures of Scott
Got this email this morning:

The further adventures of Scott

Today finds me in the city of Vladik. To the rest of the world, Vladivostok or “Ruler of the East”. Oddly my trip started in Anapa and travelled overnight to the city Vladikavkaz or “Ruler of the Caucasus. “In Russia few things are a straight line” or so the saying goes. The train station is a grand one, signaling the end of the Trans Siberian Railway in proper form. It is also as far East as one can go by rail from as far west as someone could possibly start. 4186 miles by car and I am not sure by rail. The trip was not unpleasant and I managed to make a few friends on the way. Drinking and listening to my rather robust 120 gig iPod collection of music filled the days and nights. The police boarded the train on four occasions and my newly added temporary resident stamp and command of the language, including swear words, were effective in moving them along.

I had a VIP private cabin, as I was loaded with 400 pounds of luggage. Sensitive luggage containing Red Weapon cameras and lenses, digital recording gear, cables, batteries and a three new mac laptops, that I had to configure and setup on the journey. My Black Magic editing tools and a larger monitor was also a last minute edition. All this gear was loaded during the Moscow stop.

Moscow two hour stop. “Meet the guys on the road by the train station.” Typical Russian directions.

“Which road it has four sides and two main entrances.?”

LONG SILENCE

“They call you when inside station.”

“Yeah Ok.”

So ‘they’ of course picked the other side, rather than the one I was sitting near. I hadn’t seen anyone dragging large pelican cases, when the phone rang. “Stop, wait, I will come to you.”

“How do you know where we are?”

“I have a guy.” I set off across the station to the other entrance. I got to the waiting group and noticed several of the porters had holstered weapons openly displayed or under jackets. While we got the gear stored in my cabin I inquired if a gun came with this large cache of high tech goodies. A single Red Weapon camera went past a hundred large pretty quickly.

“Scott you don’t need a gun, trains are safe. Just don’t tell anyone what you have, No?”

The gear secured and a gift of very good black caviar and a case of vodka placed on my bed; I was kissed, gifted, and hopefully not fucked. A quarter of a million dollars in gear behind a door catch that sometimes worked. Secured inside locked pelican boxes just reeked of an easy mark.

I like coffee, as black as my soul, and without sugar first thing in the morning. It is my morning ritual. Unless something important is in on fire coffee comes first. In the VIP cars the attendants bring food and the like, similar to first class air travel. If the door is latched when they come round, they knock. If it is not latched they come in. Being served coffee while lounging under the sheets is a sweet luxury. Getting caught midway back to bed from a morning pee, less so.
She handled the situation very well. Pause, scope, eye contact, smile; “The latch was free.”

“Sorry, I think the latch is broken.”

“No need to say sorry, I don’t mind the morning views.”

I got back into bed and she handed me the hot coffee, with a smile. Exiting she stopped at door and looked at the latch. “Yes it is broken. Jiggling may help or it may not.” Then, I was alone.

This became something of a game for the five ladies that worked the two VIP cars. Coffee deliveries, snack offers, and vodka refills seemed to have an uncanny timing to them. Showers were the most obvious. If I was a little peckish in the afternoon, I needed only take a shower and someone would appear carrying a plate of cheese or other goodies. By day three, after Moscow, they had only managed to catch me twice,past the first encounter. I had developed the habit of carrying a towel, like Arthur Dent in the Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy.

The game was still afoot, and relentless. It had become something fun and amusing, as my tormentors let their disappointment show when I just “washed my hair” in the afternoon. But, I was getting fed well, and the other VIPS had started to take notice that I was getting more attention than them.

Day Five.

“Coffee Sir”

The latch was open, I could see it. “Thanks”

“Door latch Sir.”

Grabbing my now always in reach towel I got out of bed, wrapped myself, and went to the door. I jiggled the latch and the door slid to the side. I turned and let the towel droop a little in the back and walked back to bed. Behind me three ladies entered the compartment. One went to the shower, one carried my coffee, and the third followed with a breakfast tray. The two I could see were smiling deviously. The lady came out of the bathroom holding all my towels looked me directly in the eye and held out her hand.

“Laundry day, we need all towels please.”

I gave her my towel. Standing in the open cabin and took my coffee from the other lady. The exited my room, closing the door, and giggled like school girls all the way to the next car. This was Game, Set, and Match.
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • rvpopeye (11-03-2017), Snikwahjm (11-03-2017), AbuelaLoca (11-03-2017), Gunny (11-04-2017), heron (11-11-2017)
Beastmaster , wherever you are.
It sounds like you are possibly going to get your own award from the train staff  (if so we will need pictures!)
but nevertheless....
I don't know if I should give another "Stinkin' Badge" for that story ,,,or what ?

We will have a meeting to decide/or find something more fitting .

You should def keep the FMS I awarded you thinking your tale of not leaving was untrue...
(It's only a matter of time till you earn it anyway.)

T W O h s,,,,P. O.
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
1 of which is a limited edition Turkey Poop Spreader (What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

Got Smart's tin snips are going to get a workout.

[Image: ART_7099_0.JPG]

Good thing it's already got a bunch of pinecones on it...or something.
YARC : Drunk in the Mud/Keeper of the Dingy/Ears [Image: L3000.gif]/Potluck Contributions Restricted
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Putts for this post:
  • rvpopeye (11-03-2017), Cammalu (11-03-2017), AbuelaLoca (11-03-2017), heron (11-11-2017)
so scott is laying around naked in a train cabin heading for siberia waiting for the maid to "surprise"him
Change the forum theme-bottom right
yarc t-shirts
yarc stickers pirate edition
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Blacktank for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (11-03-2017), heron (11-26-2017)
That sounds about right Gary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (11-03-2017), heron (11-26-2017)
I was not lying about naked! LOL! I got caught halfway and she seemed to like the view and I have never been shy. It isn't anything so special to be unique or anything. But it was 100% pure Canadain and so she goggled and smiled. Then telling her friends the ladies decided to make a game of it. Reversal of the usual direction this type of thing goes. So, being good natured I played along. Penance perhaps for my voyeuristic past sins...

Glad Cammalu got to keep everyone in the loop. I will be dark for another week or so after today as we are flying into Kamchatka. No sat phone on this trip.

Thanks for the new award.

Three professional ladies just asked if I had plans, sent over by the concierge. I do and thanked them for the tour offerings. They are scoping out other guests like Lions on the Serengeti!

A lady sitting near the window has a Blue sable eating breadsticks

My three shots of vodka was just refilled by the management

My driver just arrived. We are paying our respects to a Special locals grave and then attending a supper. Tomorrow we fly if the weather cooperates!

This Is Russia TIR
Beast Master,JunkyMonkey,Drinks with Wolves,Fup'd Duck,Sheriff Ricochet Cockroach 4B's 1 cluster,3 TFMS Tempory Weirdo Overlord replacement 
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Scott7022 for this post:
  • Cammalu (11-04-2017), AbuelaLoca (11-04-2017), heron (11-11-2017)
Back to the city. Safe and sound after a pretty scary three days... I got messages, waiting and not the best kind. Have to figure a few things out... Life is such an adventure. But all the time...Come on!!

Safe, Warm and like most stuff I got this too.
Beast Master,JunkyMonkey,Drinks with Wolves,Fup'd Duck,Sheriff Ricochet Cockroach 4B's 1 cluster,3 TFMS Tempory Weirdo Overlord replacement 
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Scott7022 for this post:
  • Cammalu (11-11-2017), GotSmart (11-11-2017), AbuelaLoca (11-11-2017), heron (11-11-2017)
Welcome back Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
monkeyfoot
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
  • Scott7022 (11-12-2017)