Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have this idea and it is probably crazy but...
Considering almost all of the rv's I'm considering/looking at have cassette toilets, all I'll say is, "y'all are a bad influence" lol
Well, I'm thinking that the water will probably be soapy and or contain toothpaste spit sooner or later and I'm not wanting the desert critters getting sick from drinking the water. I figure if I can get it below the surface a little and contained as it drains inside the bucket it might help prevent that issue. Showers, washing dishes, laundry water from the bucket and plunger washer and if it works well enough I'll probably even plumb the urine separator and wall urinal into it too.
  [Image: 414097000.jpg]
You can get environmentally safe soaps
viajes seguros
Yeah, just not sure if a standing puddle of it would be ok for a critter to drink. I'd hate to see a coyote trying to sing and just blow bubbles.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Motrukdriver for this post:
  • heron (12-07-2017), Justacarsofar (12-08-2017)
I think it might have to work awfully well to run the urine through it?
Two gloriously stinkin' badges.
Official YARC ship’s navigator.
(12-07-2017, 03:39 PM)Motrukdriver Wrote: Yeah, just not sure if a standing puddle of it would be ok for a critter to drink.  I'd hate to see a coyote trying to sing and just blow bubbles.

That would be a sight to see.   Tongue
 The Captain and Crew Finally got their stuff together. 
 Now if they can only remember where they put it.   Rolleyes
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Ballenxj for this post:
  • Justacarsofar (12-08-2017), heron (12-08-2017)
(12-07-2017, 02:56 PM)Motrukdriver Wrote: Well, I'm thinking that the water will probably be soapy and or contain toothpaste spit sooner or later and I'm not wanting the desert critters getting sick from drinking the water.  I figure if I can get it below the surface a little and contained as it drains inside the bucket it might help prevent that issue.  Showers, washing dishes, laundry water from the bucket and plunger washer and if it works well enough I'll probably even plumb the urine separator and wall urinal into it too.

According to this article, "gray water" is water from a bathtub, shower, clothes washer, or sink - BUT NOT A KITCHEN SINK!  Water from a dishwasher, toilet, or kitchen sink is "black water" and is legally classified as sewage.  And even on BLM land in AZ, AZ state laws concerning such things apply.

http://blog.goodsam.com/the-gray-water-d...red-or-not

So yeah, if an LEO comes along and sees your "invention", I'm guessing you're going to be cited, if not arrested.
Regards

John

I don't like to make advance plans.  It causes the word PREMEDITATED get thrown around in the courtroom!
I'm NOT crazy!  My mother had me tested! Cool
BTW, the suggestion, in the comments section of that article by someone calling himself Donald, regarding the homemade evaporation pond, is one I've seen before, and is apparently acceptable to the powers that be.
Regards

John

I don't like to make advance plans.  It causes the word PREMEDITATED get thrown around in the courtroom!
I'm NOT crazy!  My mother had me tested! Cool
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Optimistic Paranoid for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (12-08-2017)
Donald was talking about being at Burning Man and that is held in California. I don't know if the laws are different between CA and AZ. I was reading on how various RV's are plumbed and it seems as though many of them, the kitchen sink drain water goes into the grey water tank. The only thing that goes in the black water tank is toilet water. I can see a bathroom sink actually having more harmful chemicals being dumped than kitchen sinks if you are only using biodegradable and environmentally friendly soaps. Bathroom sinks would have toothpaste spit and if you are using fluoride added toothpaste or mouthwash, well you could end up with a puddle of harmful chemicals. That being said, I would not be dumping fluids directly on top of the ground, rather the liquids would be absorbed below ground never being exposed to the surface. Cat hole toilets are legal and that is putting human waste underground. I honestly can't see a problem with this method of grey water disposal. I guess if you piss some Ranger off for what ever reason they could cite the letter of the law and start writing paperwork but again, how can they prove it without ripping out all your plumbing to see what goes where. What if you only have one sink and it is in the bathroom? What if my kitchen sink goes into a portable container and I later dump that container into the bathroom sink when nobody is looking? I did find this and it does mention kitchen sink water but it also goes into more detail and the use of common sense practice. https://rvtravel.com/more-on-the-gray-ar...gray-tank/ Personally, I'm not going to worry about it and do everything I can to be environmentally friendly. If it does become a problem then I'll only have one sink in the bathroom and bucket wash my dishes and dump the wash water on a bush as suggested.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Motrukdriver for this post:
  • heron (12-07-2017), AbuelaLoca (12-08-2017)
Lets take human waste and RV waste out of the equation as far as dumping and BLM land is concerned. what happens when stray animals take a dump on said BLM land how is that waste disposed of by the rangers? And i'm not talking pets either as their owners are responsible to clean up after them.