Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like I have adopted a dog.
(10-12-2017, 11:01 PM)sternwake Wrote: Here is Fiona, the purebred lowland Polish Sheepdog, who will be getting a trim and a bath tomorrow.

Ah, what a cute ball of fur. Probably sensing the tension in the family is what confused her. Good that you're taking her in giving her a better sense of security. Cool
But does she really only herd Polish sheep? Tongue
 The Captain and Crew Finally got their stuff together. 
 Now if they can only remember where they put it.   Rolleyes
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ballenxj for this post:
  • Cammalu (10-13-2017)
Well She has attempted to herd Chickens and goats, but I am not sure of their nationality.

OKay, she  simply chased the goats, the chickens she could not care one whit about.   Crows though, she hates crows, and morning doves too.

This morning When I opened my door she ran over to her former residence. The gate was closed, Her dog bed toys, collars leashes were all placed outside it.  She stopped and just looked at her bed. She looked so crushed.  It broke my heart.  SHe leaned against the gate and would not leave it. I carried her over to my Van and said 'you live here now., this is your home.'

Later on I spent about 2.5 hours using my hairclippers with a number 6.  Looked like a fur bomb went off.  I then went over to try and ask the 'wife'/former owner if I could bathe her there.

About 2 months ago, She did something which revealed her true character to me, or lack thereof, and I have been ghosting/avoiding her ever since.  She did not answer the door, though I heard her walking around inside while I continued knocking.

I then texted her asking if I could use her shower to bathe Fiona,   no response for over 45 minutes, at which point i sent another text saying ok then F you too.

I used my showerbag and a few plastic coffee cans to bathe her, when i got a text saying of course I can bathe her there and that she just got the text.

BS,  Woman's phone almost never leaves her sociopathic narcisistic fingers.  Is that redundant?

I did not respond.  I used my only towell to dry off Fiona, then took her to the beach, where a few attractive women oohhed and ahhed at her, then went surfing, then we went to the laundromat.  When I came back to my spot and let her out, she trotted over to the same gate, inside of which, she has spent her whole life.

"You don't live there anymore.  Come here"

She obeyed, seemingly without protest, and jumped in my van.

She appears to be chasing rabbits in her sleep as I type.
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to sternwake for this post:
  • Ballenxj (10-14-2017), rvpopeye (10-14-2017), AbuelaLoca (10-14-2017), Justacarsofar (10-14-2017)
Animals have far greater insight into the realm of energy than most humans. Pact animals attempt to mimic the energy of the pact. One of the reasons a solo dog might be fine and then be aggressive with a group of dogs. The alpha's influence is magnified by the pact. She will smell, feel, and know the love you are projecting my friend. She is just confused by the situation. Think of them like Idiot Savants.

Test for those asking themselves how full of bucket biscuits I am. Works well on cats not so much with dogs. Take a ribbon and while the cat is engaged in playing or stalking or general 'I gots to watch this for two hours' cat behaviours walk around with this ribbon. Observe the cat pretty much-disinterested demeanour. Now sit and look at the cat and picture in your mind trying the ribbon around the cat's belly, with that picture in your mind think I will do this, commit to it and get up. Observe the cat. S/He will be looking at you!! Try it.
Cats don't like stuff tied around bellies to the rear it can stimulate a nerve and make their hindquarters not work well.

Sternwake. You have a heart of gold. SO your new friend will be golden once she figures out the new reality she feels.
Beast Master,JunkyMonkey,Drinks with Wolves,Fup'd Duck,Sheriff Ricochet Cockroach 4B's 1 cluster,3 TFMS
I agree with Scott.
In a short time , you'll be the BIG Kahuna!
And she will follow you anywhere............
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC
13 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 5 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards!
1 of which is a limited edition Turkey Poop Spreader (What a "Stinkin' " honor !) + ROOIRIA

Thanks all.

She seems super happy today. Where i've been parking for 10+ years is on private property ,on a dead end street, is a pretty tight community, especially for Southern California, where everybody seems to try and pretend nobody else exists. Everybody on the street always said whe was my dog, she just lived nextdoor. Those that know of the recent ownership transfer raise an eyebrow when I said they were just going to give her to some random family, so i took her. They say she will be happier with me. One has told me I can put her behind their gates, and another offered to watch her if I do something where I cannot take her with me.

I was the one always playing with her, brushing her. Throwing the ball until she was exhausted.
It always broke my heart to see her ignored by the three kids at her former residence, screaming sociopaths in training.

I need to go buy some tennis balls or similar for her.

Today she looked at the gate at which she lived behind, but did not make a beeline for it. I think her confusion with having two owners and a master across the street and now having her master being her owner will make for a happier better behaved dog. Her loyalties were always divided and she seemed to be happiest when I was over there hanging out with them. But for the last 2 months I have avoided the 'wife' like the plague, and the only time I went over there was when I knew she was not there.

I kind of want her to be more protective of the van. Yesterday, when I opened the back door to put my laundry bag in it, I was hoping for her to bark aggressively, as she would do at the UPS man or Amazon delivery drivers when she lived next door, but nothing. When I came around to the side doors she was sitting there looking relieved it was me. I've not heard her bark since she became mine. She is not supposed to be of a breed that barks much, but when locked behind the gate, would often bark aggressively at every car that slowed down or any car door she heard. Sometimes i would see/ hear her bark aggressively at nothing outside the gate. Perhaps just frustration with the weird marital situation within the gate. For the last two months the gate was rarely closed and she she usually chose to sit outside it and watch things from in the shade.

Many months ago they asked me if I wanted her, and I said yes, but it would be cruel to remove her from her home and force her to live with me. I then spent some more effort brushing and bathing her and throwing the ball so her annoying 'dog like' behaviours were tempered. How dare she bark and get excited and jump up and want some attention when they came home!! The temerity!

She is not so great with other dogs, as she has not really spent much time around her own kind. She whines when she sees another dog, but when the other dog comes by on a leash, and they are nose to nose, she gets a bit snippy and the growls and the other dog owner pulls back and carries on. 9 times out of 10. Sometimes with
timid or older female dogs she mounts them. She is not fixed.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to sternwake for this post:
  • AbuelaLoca (10-14-2017), Justacarsofar (10-14-2017)
Time and love like all relationships!!  Big Grin
viajes seguros
Get a Kong
Looks like 3 red balls in snowman formation.
Several different sizes.
Easy to wash.
Hide treats inside.
Unpredictable bounces .

For something different Nylabone.
Several different sizes.
Much harder than Kong
After much chewing , they get fuzzy and scrub teeth.
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC
13 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 5 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards!
1 of which is a limited edition Turkey Poop Spreader (What a "Stinkin' " honor !) + ROOIRIA

See if you can catch episodes of "The Dog Whisperer". He has lots of dog training tips.
"Life is what happens while you're making other plans"
Dang, that would be very confusing for her. But, she seems on her way to settling in with you.  Heart

Bless you for taking on the responsibility AND getting some diggie luv!  Shy
title~ "Deliberate Discharge" 3 "Stinkin Badges" 1 "Flying manure spreader" 1 "Pink Elephant"  Tongue
(10-14-2017, 12:17 PM)sternwake Wrote: I kind of want her to be more protective of the van.  Yesterday, when I opened the back door to put my laundry bag in it, I was hoping for her to bark aggressively, as she would do at the UPS man or Amazon delivery drivers when she lived next door, but nothing.   When I came around to the side doors she was sitting there looking relieved it was me.  I've not heard her bark since she became mine.  She is not supposed to be of a breed that barks much, but when locked behind the gate, would often bark aggressively at every car that slowed down or any car door she heard.  Sometimes i would see/ hear her bark aggressively at nothing outside the gate. Perhaps just frustration with the weird marital situation within the gate.  For the last two months the gate was rarely closed and she she usually chose to sit outside it and watch things from in the shade.  

Regards

John

I don't like to make advance plans.  It causes the word PREMEDITATED get thrown around in the courtroom!
I'm NOT crazy!  My mother had me tested! Cool
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Optimistic Paranoid for this post:
  • rvpopeye (10-17-2017), AbuelaLoca (10-17-2017)