Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shingles shot (Shingrix) side effects
Just a heads up for anyone taking the shots (series of two 2-6 months apart), the side effects are a bit debilitating. Supposedly only one in six get sick but so far everyone I’ve talked to has had issues. My wife and I had our second shots yesterday and it’s as bad as the first; full body ache, pounding headache, nausea, and generally feeling like shit. 

I still think it’s a very worthwhile vaccination since shingles pain can stay with you for years, but wanted to let travelers know to have a place to lay low for a couple of days after.
My arm got sore for a couple of days after both shots.
Only reaction for me.
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

Popeye, I’m so jealous! This feels like a medium version of the flu.
Unfortunately, the day after my dad died I broke out in shingles. It really sucked. If you can avoid getting it you should. It was pretty awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s awful, Blanch! My mom had them and her midsection was covered in huge blisters, she was scarred like a burn victim afterward.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Queen for this post:
  • Blanch (07-06-2019)
(07-06-2019, 07:47 AM)Queen Wrote: That’s awful, Blanch! My mom had them and her midsection was covered in huge blisters, she was scarred like a burn victim afterward.

Mine wasn’t that awful, but my midsection did blister up pretty good. The pain was pretty severe and I can’t do opiates so I got a medical marijuana card so I could use it for pain. The THC products helped with pain relief and scratching relief.

Hopefully I don’t get it again, but I’ve been told it can return, I’m glad I didn’t break out when mom died, I was expecting to.

Stress. It visits you when your immune system is out of whack and in times of high stress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup, my moms happened right after my father died.
  • Blanch (07-06-2019)
I never had chickenpox, does that mean I can't get Shingles ?

If i get the chickenpox vaccine, could I then get shingles?

I am so disgusted and filled with seething contempt for Big Pharma , their commercials, and their methods and the whole disgusting fvcking medical estalishment, I don't think I will be one of their paying guinea pigs, even if/when it is to my detriment.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to sternwake for this post:
  • Blanch (07-07-2019)
You can take Thymex https://www.standardprocess.com/Products...SG8fMopChA to ease chicken pox. I wonder if it would help with the shingles or the shingles shot?
Sternwake, I think you have to have chickenpox to get shingles, something about those antibodies floating around in your body, I think.

100% agree about big pharma. Since I started eating very low carb and dropping weight like rain I see how, by taking control of our own health, we can decrease the need for their endless compounding poison. I know several people who are no longer type 2 diabetics, many who’ve reversed years of heart disease... all without meds. It’s truly amazing, if you are willing to do the work.
  • Blanch (07-07-2019)