Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi.... Solar?
Can anyone direct me to a place I can learn how it works, how much a van needs, watts??? Hhhmmmm..... Good solar sites? Specifically..... In the pic....

That won't run a van with all the frills, so to speak, will it?[Image: 9ac7ef0c9f2546f20c0db6504f4552fd.jpg]

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Sure

https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ddarnell for this post:
  • minddroool (06-14-2019)
Ask here in the solar thread and you will get the people that left the other place because of dangerous information
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • Texjbird (06-14-2019)
(06-14-2019, 01:48 PM)GotSmart Wrote: Ask here in the solar thread and you will get the people that left the other place because of dangerous information
Hhhmmm.... Solar thread.... Looking.

This is in the buy\sell subforum, if you're looking, I'm selling my 200w solar setup. Kingman, Az.
Solar thread: https://vandwellerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11
Brian

2000 Roadtrek 200 Versatile "The Beast" (it has been tamed hopefully)  I feed it and it doesn't bite me.   Angel
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to B and C for this post:
  • minddroool (06-14-2019)
Or this can be YOUR solar thread. There is nothing better than getting the answers as they relate to your needs and situation.

First off it isn't what a van needs, it is what you need. What do you want to be able to do in that van? What do you want to run? When?

As for your question. A 130 watt panel is not going to do a whole heck of a lot.
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to justjim for this post:
  • minddroool (06-14-2019), Wabbit (06-15-2019), Texjbird (06-15-2019), TWIH (06-16-2019)
(06-14-2019, 06:49 PM)justjim Wrote: Or this can be YOUR solar thread. There is nothing better than getting the answers as they relate to your needs and situation.

First off it isn't what a van needs, it is what you need. What do you want to be able to do in that van? What do you want to run? When?

As for your question. A 130 watt panel is not going to do a whole heck of a lot.
I need to have enough power to run an air conditioner in the desert.... Sounds like the solar currently on the van won't be enough.... ?????

^^^^^^^^^^ best place to learn about solar..... Jim in Denver.
Peace...
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to travelaround for this post:
  • justjim (06-15-2019), TWIH (06-16-2019)
If you really want to run an Air Conditioner off solar....
Jim is the only person I've ever seen that did it.
You might need a bit more panel,,,,,,
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • Texjbird (06-15-2019), justjim (06-15-2019)