Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bought a really nice Lada
So  it has been quite a time since I've had time to put anything to pen or in this case type anything to the forum.  Sorry but I have a couple of rules: never type when you're loaded on narcotics or really really drunk.  Don't be a jerk. So I've been in a grumpy mood for several weeks and loaded on pain killers. This is of course due to the not drinking and it's the grumpy mood. So last night was the last of the painkillers and so this afternoon I got to have A sip of vodka.

I brought home a nice Lada 4 x 4 with front and rear lockers and a very cool paint scheme. It has power everything disc brakes all around heated seats and air conditioning.  The dealership even kept the tires and gave me a credit towards a set of four KO2's. Here it is called a Bronto and it is more off-road capable than a Jeep Rubicon in everything but speed. It will go 70 mph easily but only has a four banger with a manual five speed.  Gets great gas mileage and is surprisingly comfortable inside and quieter than the jeep. Alas I will not be able to bring it home as it is not allowed to be imported into  The United States of America or Canada. I suspect this has more to do with market protection than personal protection as it was 13,000 brand new out the door taxes in.  My employer bought it so that we could take the  children up to the lake without getting his G waggon dirty.

Some someone  in the family that I work for also gave me a beautiful blanket to snuggle up with while I convalesced and got better. It's 25 years old and it is  lined with sable yes that wonderful cousin of the mink. It is very nice cosy and warm and I am going to bring that home. While not exactly Pro fur trade or anti fur trade I figure the blankets already made so I'll use it.

Other than that life has been OK no complaints other than it seems like the pirate is looking for my replacement or the replacement for my replacement. I'll  try to be more active and deliver a interesting story when I can. And I know pictures or it didn't happen so enjoy.             
Beast Master,JunkyMonkey,Drinks with Wolves,Fup'd Duck,Sheriff Ricochet Cockroach 4B's 1 cluster,3 TFMS Tempory Weirdo Overlord replacement 
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Scott7022 for this post:
  • Wabbit (06-12-2019), rvpopeye (06-12-2019), Cammalu (06-12-2019)
Who's the stud wearing Dad glasses? 8-)
have ko's on my truck,good everywhere but when you get on a gravel road they pick up every rock and make one heck of a racket
Me in the flesh. "Dad glasses" those are my eye test in Russian you need these glasses glasses. Lol!

Yeah the KO's are sticky. But it's a bush truck.
Beast Master,JunkyMonkey,Drinks with Wolves,Fup'd Duck,Sheriff Ricochet Cockroach 4B's 1 cluster,3 TFMS Tempory Weirdo Overlord replacement 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Scott7022 for this post:
  • Wabbit (06-12-2019)
Nope Nope ! You're not getting out of this that easy, skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh .
I just thought Blanch has repeatedly shown a point of view consistent with our level of "Ain't Rightness" and deserved recognition , and besides , in case we both go fishkin' or whatever certain pirates might or might not do.............

That Lada is a great job perk ! Too bad it can't be swagged somehow .
(Greasing the proper logistics path could be cost prohibitive though.)

All she'd have to do to quell suspicion of any perceived Overlord fake plans , is post a couple of pics and everybody just goes SQUIRREL ! (yup , me too !)
(plus perfect placement of properly picked MEMEs probably produced a pronounced perplexing effect on people periodically ;>)
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
  • Scott7022 (06-12-2019)
first off,i'm the og temp weirdo overlord who was never consulted on being demoted

second,i guess i'll be the one,what are the furs?
Russian Sable very warm soft and ridiculously expensive. If I added the blankie to a Black Series 15 foot trailer I would double the cost ridiculous.
(06-12-2019, 09:30 AM)Scott7022 Wrote: Alas I will not be able to bring it home as it is not allowed to be imported into  The United States of America or Canada. I suspect this has more to do with market protection than personal protection as it was 13,000 brand new out the door taxes in.  

Very cool, I'm a fan of Russian motorcycles, having owned two of those...we're in good company.... NASA even pays Russia for Uber rides in the Soyuz!

Question: What are the rules regarding bringing foreign vehicles to the USA for a temporary visit?

Time limits maybe?
Wondering about Wandering.
From what I understand in and out in ninety days if they ok it. Transport safety standards. I know more about Canada and it can be imported but never licensed. So trailer Queen forever. No way to pay to make it happen. And for good reason. Imagine a 12000 dollar off-road car? Market dominance. Bye bye fiat ford alternatives. Not in our lifetime.
OK , I'll comment . That looks very soft and warm , maybe too warm unless you liked Siberian camping ?
Could make an incredible jacket out of it .
Sounds like you can use it as a down payment on a rig too ?

Geeze Blacktank !
You seemed so relieved after your week in the hot seat.
I figured invoking the Kracken and doing all you do around here , you wouldn't mind not having to take on my BS too.
PLUS
BeastMaster has the "touch" ,,,or is that he IS touched.....anyhoo def seriously drenched in the "Ain't Rightness" soup. You just can't deny a natural like that !
AND he sent me a Russian Navy "Pirate" Ship T shirt so...........

Since you're feeling left out , I award you the Turkey Poop FMS i returned to Badgernator a while back ,,,,,,I can't remember why right now but no matter ,
She's YOURS ! You DO have a flock of turkeys to load it right ?
(Actually...It might come full of raccoon crap though so don't buy any turkeys just yet.....in fact I'll re-title it TFMS Raccoon Poop Edition just in case.

T W O h s,,,,MD.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)