Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rv sewer hose length/storage
this is what came with the rig
[Image: yk8ahjF.jpg]

the short one looks new but doesnt have the end to attach to the tank,the long one is old

you can you a 10x2 kit for $20 something https://www.amazon.com/Camco-RhinoFLEX-T...way&sr=8-3but do you need 20 feet of hose?

as you can see that storage tube isnt long enough for anything,you can get a pre built 4 inch expandable tube for $40 something or build a 6" pvc for $60+,prebuilt rv box around $200,how does everyone store there sewer hose?
I had the pvc type tubes , both the short factory made and a longer home built one under my class A .

In this one , I just found a plastic tub the dump hose would fit in all compressed including a couple clear adapters and called it done.
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

Big Grin

I got a. 4 ft length of square plastic fence post (5” ) with two caps. One cap was screwed on, and the other end I rigged with short screws going into holes so I can slip it on and off.  Walmart has new two hose sets with ends for about $20.  I zip tied the square hose holder under the rv 

Two hoses fit nicely in there.  Drill drain holes so any moisture will not stink around.  Two hoses are best so you have enough to reach the drain just Incase

The hoses are 2 ft when not pulled out. 10 ft when fully deployed.
Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
  • Blacktank (06-08-2019)
Yep, a clear plastic tote with an extra all coiled up inside along with my screw in adapter for the sewer on site and an extra "cleanout valve" that I have never used. I have a built in hose already connected to the tanks in a tube under the van. It will only pull out about 6 feet and I can connect directly to a drain if I park close enough. I carry extra hose for when I am at a RV park. My permanent hose is right behind the drivers side front wheel. Most RV parks, the sewer connection is near the back of the site. This is why I carry the extra hose for when I stay in one to take care of all the business. Better to long than to short.
Brian

2000 Roadtrek 200 Versatile "The Beast" (it has been tamed hopefully)  I feed it and it doesn't bite me.   Angel
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to B and C for this post:
  • Blacktank (06-08-2019)
I keep my water hoses in the flat cooler bags from Walmart 

That that way they stay clean and don’t get tangled.

Compared to parenting, Cat herding is less complicated 
Oh, water hoses, I coil up without kinks (empty) and screw the ends together. No worries of anything getting into the hose that way. I store them on top of my dump hose bin. I carry three, a 4 footer, a 10 footer and a 25 footer. These are for fill/fresh water use. I carry an old garden hose in the sewer hose bin about 7 foot long to use when I rinse out my black tank.
Brian

2000 Roadtrek 200 Versatile "The Beast" (it has been tamed hopefully)  I feed it and it doesn't bite me.   Angel
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to B and C for this post:
  • Blacktank (06-08-2019)
cool,i'll order that hose set i linked to and check into the fence post

my on board water is emergency drinking only,1977 plastic tank
(06-08-2019, 04:49 PM)rvpopeye Wrote: I had the pvc type tubes  , both the short factory made and a longer home built one under my class A .

In this one , I just found a plastic tub the dump hose would fit in all compressed including a couple clear adapters  and called it done.

i only have one exterior storage and it is for battery and electronics but nothing is stopping me from adding more,well,except $$$
The post idea is probably your best bet .
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC 
ROOIRIA  
15 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  10 "Pine Cone" clusters  , one "Stinkin' Badger" and 7 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards
(What a "Stinkin' " honor !)

we did what GotSmart did Smile works fab
hubby didn't zip tie under, he used some metal strap things.